Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

17 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Rugby tackle at the end, not given. 😂 

Think it should have been a pen, but VAR probably doesn’t overturn it based on the attacker also having his arms around the defender and stopping it from being ‘clear and obvious’.

• Like 1

Caught last 10 mins or so on the radio...

Clinton Morrison doesn't think there's enough in a challenge for a second yellow. Fair enough.

But once the ref goes over to the monitor, and Clinton is told what that means, there's a rapid bit of back peddling.

Seeing the replay... "Oh, that's high, that's high...  well, not high... um... but out of control..."

Just one example of a painful 10 mins of commentary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Caught last 10 mins or so on the radio...

Clinton Morrison doesn't think there's enough in a challenge for a second yellow. Fair enough.

But once the ref goes over to the monitor, and Clinton is told what that means, there's a rapid bit of back peddling.

Seeing the replay... "Oh, that's high, that's high...  well, not high... um... but out of control..."

Just one example of a painful 10 mins of commentary.

I have no idea how that bloke has made a career out of punditry. A very limited footballer, but as a pundit he's got nothing about him. I have to mute it when he speaks.

15 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I have no idea how that bloke has made a career out of punditry. A very limited footballer, but as a pundit he's got nothing about him. I have to mute it when he speaks.

There is one very obvious reason why 

🗳️

14 hours ago, Toussaint said:

They were pathetic, as were their supporters and is their ground. League 1 outfit 

My partner's cousin and her partner go and watch them a lot, over Xmas I was saying it was important for Saints to get out of this league quickly and back into the prem, just because of the financial implications long term in this league can ruin clubs. They were adamant Bournemouth would never have financial issues ever again, will establish themselves as a top 10 club and didn't think they would be relegated in the next 5-10 years. Deluded.

2 hours ago, skintsaint said:

My partner's cousin and her partner go and watch them a lot, over Xmas I was saying it was important for Saints to get out of this league quickly and back into the prem, just because of the financial implications long term in this league can ruin clubs. They were adamant Bournemouth would never have financial issues ever again, will establish themselves as a top 10 club and didn't think they would be relegated in the next 5-10 years. Deluded.

I heard last week that they have put in an application to expand or build a new stadium, I thought about time, then went on to read it will still be for a capacity of less than 20000! 

4 hours ago, Toussaint said:

I heard last week that they have put in an application to expand or build a new stadium, I thought about time, then went on to read it will still be for a capacity of less than 20000! 

20 hours ago, Toussaint said:

They were pathetic, as were their supporters and is their ground. League 1 outfit 

Im not anti Cherries as they have never been a rival, yesterdays looked a sell out and you could hear a pin drop. I was astounded how poor their fans were and the team were dross, not that Liverpool were much until they scored

5 hours ago, Toussaint said:

To be fair, PL clubs don't really make money from attendance.  Yes, great if the attendance income covers the running costs of the stadium - allowing matches are played - but I doubt there is much profit made.

The real money is from TV, sponsors and (for those lower down the league!!) player sales.  I'm sure most clubs are happy if the stadium isn't a loss maker and potentially pays for the training facilities as well.

3 hours ago, OldNick said:

Im not anti Cherries as they have never been a rival, yesterdays looked a sell out and you could hear a pin drop. I was astounded how poor their fans were and the team were dross, not that Liverpool were much until they scored

Am in the other camp, I can't stand them. Not that I consider them a rival, just don't like them. John Williams on Solent constantly bigging them up even when they've played dreadful he still thinks they were the better team in every game. Be nice to give them their big day out again next season and put them back in their place. Same goes for Brighton as well. 

29 minutes ago, whelk said:

Oh and Leeds are pretty shit

They’ll be above us by the next time we play though. We need to maintain psychological strength until the end of the season. It’s going to be very tight.

Arguably the most competitive Championship season ever.

If Leicester can be reined in, it's going to be one of the best ends to a Championship season of all time. It will definitely go right to the wire... and our final game could actually be key. Better to be a part of it than not.

5 hours ago, SNSUN said:

If Leicester can be reined in, it's going to be one of the best ends to a Championship season of all time. It will definitely go right to the wire... and our final game could actually be key. Better to be a part of it than not.

I’m getting married on 04 May. Really hoping they’re all moved for TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Bournemouth absolutely smashing Swansea in the fa cup. Goes to show the level of the Premier league I suppose.

Or the level of Swansea at the moment. They were almoat as bad in the first half against us.

I see Nathan Jones is sitting prominently in the stands, advertising his availabilty.

2 hours ago, Saint NL said:

Bournemouth absolutely smashing Swansea in the fa cup. Goes to show the level of the Premier league I suppose.

Southampton 5 - 0 Swansea on Boxing Day

ergo... Saints are as good as 12th place team in the PL?

I'll take it!

Maidstone have had a lot of luck but it was a good goal. Ipswich reserves are finding it difficult now. Not passing fast enough to break down a 9 man defence and resorting to long shots. 

Edited by Tamesaint

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

Maidstone again! Draw would be a bad result for Ipswich 

Apart  from the embarrassment of losing at home to a non-league opponent, I don’t suppose Ipswich really want the distraction of a cup run.

Not sure we do either. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Apart  from the embarrassment of losing at home to a non-league opponent, I don’t suppose Ipswich really want the distraction of a cup run.

Not sure we do either. 

I don’t mind an extra midweek game if it means a 5th round draw. A replay against non-league opposition however is far from ideal