Flynn Downes

manji

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

What did you have in your wrap today ? Asking for a friend!

Oh I had salad today and actually had artichokes for the first time. And the last. I dunno if it was them or the foul dressing they came in but it was not pleasant.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Oh I had salad today and actually had artichokes for the first time. And the last. I dunno if it was them or the foul dressing they came in but it was not pleasant.

Can you please stop spamming the thread will off topic posts this will not be tolerated 

PS artichokes are an excellent accompaniment to a fish and pasta dish. The saltiness of the fish, goes very well with the artichoke along with the texture of the pasta. I can recommend a souve wine to do with it

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Flynn Downes
2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Reckon with Downes box to box and Charles holding, we’ll have a lot of energy in midfield.

Too much for those Plymouth wankers at the weekend anyway.

Assuming we can re-hydrate Downes quickly enough. Hopefully he won't be on a drip during the announcement video.

Edited by Colinjb
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Which media outlet do we think will be the first to use the headline "South Downes"?

Have the fucking mods delete another one? 🤣🤣🤣 anyway here the clue Downes was coming south over a week ago. I give it 10 minutes until the drink on power mods delete or move the post FB623DD5-6793-49B1-A69C-025A98AF1E14.thumb.jpeg.3332897dea4cfb2891c299fc2d11c0ec.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Have the fucking mods delete another one? 🤣🤣🤣 anyway here the clue Downes was coming south over a week ago. I give it 10 minutes until the drink on power mods delete or move the post FB623DD5-6793-49B1-A69C-025A98AF1E14.thumb.jpeg.3332897dea4cfb2891c299fc2d11c0ec.jpeg

A week ago?

Been linked with him for weeks! : https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/sources-southampton-launch-west-ham-153615549.html

19 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Downes isn't box to box, he's a defensive midfielder. 

Now you've said that it's guaranteed he'll make a tackle deep in our half, then charge into the area and nod a cross in from 8 yards on Saturday.

36 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Now you've said that it's guaranteed he'll make a tackle deep in our half, then charge into the area and nod a cross in from 8 yards on Saturday.

Maybe so. All I know from reading the westham board a few days ago is that Moyes was trying to play him like that and he got slated for playing him out of position and him underperforming

Edited by hypochondriac

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Can you please stop spamming the thread will off topic posts this will not be tolerated 

PS artichokes are an excellent accompaniment to a fish and pasta dish. The saltiness of the fish, goes very well with the artichoke along with the texture of the pasta. I can recommend a souve wine to do with it

Fish and Pasta !! I thought you lived in Yorkshire man. Whats wrong with you ?

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

If he plays on Saturday I sincerely hope that he doesn’t shit himself on his debut. Bound to effect confidence and morale despite his natural tenacity. 

He might do a Lineker (Italia '90 vs Ireland for those who aren't aware)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, coalman said:

My biggest worry is how quickly Liverpool are working through midfielders who don't want to join them. It's only a matter of time before they get to Downes so the sooner we get this done the better.

Apparently they're looking at Paul Wootton.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

He's our Morgan for this level, Charles is our Wanyama.

Those two together are going to be quality.

With Alcaraz doing Lallana bits? 

On paper it looks strong, just not seen enough of Charles yet to get a strong take on how good he is.

Edited by goodymatt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

With Alcaraz doing Lallana bits? 

On paper it looks strong, just not seen enough of Charles yet to get a strong take on how good he is.

Lyanco as Jos the Boss and Banning putting in great crosses but messing up defensively Danny Fox style? 

Looking forward to Martin starting to recite poetry and quoting from The Art of War.

Edited by Bad Wolf

3 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

If he plays on Saturday I sincerely hope that he doesn’t shit himself on his debut. Bound to effect confidence and morale despite his natural tenacity. 

Time to rivive a classic- He shits when he wants

We got Downes super Flynn Downes
Got Downes super Flynn Downes
We got Downes super Flynn Downes
Got Downes super Flynn Downes

We want all the world to see
That Flynn Downes lives by the sea
He will piss on your midfield  
Again again again again
Again again again, super Flynn Downes

• Lighthouse changed the title to Flynn Downes