Flynn Downes

manji

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I know Luton are in the PL, but if we can't compete for a player with them then something is seriously wrong. Zero chance they stay up this year.

Something just feels a bit off about this one. Hopefully Wilcox/Martin's confidence isn't misplaced.

43 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Some talk that Luton are now in for him.

Anyone going to either Sheff Utd or Luton are absolute idiots. Both whipping boys, both in contention to break the record low PL points. I'd happily stick my mortgage on the fact neither will be in the PL next season. 

Hamer going from Cov to Sheff is a ludicrous move on his behalf. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dman said:

Anyone going to either Sheff Utd or Luton are absolute idiots. Both whipping boys, both in contention to break the record low PL points. I'd happily stick my mortgage on the fact neither will be in the PL next season. 

we are not in the premier league this season, they are. As the transfer market shows, you only need a handful of good games to secure a big money move

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dman said:

Not ludicrous at all.

He gets to show how good he is in the prem

He gets a pay rise

He will have a clause inserted that he can leave if the club is relegated and a suitable offer is made for him

Obviously none of the bigger boys came in for him this time, but if he puts up a good showing this season, he'll get his move up the ladder.

What's not to like?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

I remember when poor Emiliano Sala disappeared, the Cardiff fans forum were researching every tiny island south of mainland England in the hope that he'd be found there.

Sometimes you just gotta go overboard on the conspiracy theories.

On that basis the forum melts will be busy checking the toilet cubicles at Fleet services.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Not ludicrous at all.

He gets to show how good he is in the prem

He gets a pay rise

He will have a clause inserted that he can leave if the club is relegated and a suitable offer is made for him

Obviously none of the bigger boys came in for him this time, but if he puts up a good showing this season, he'll get his move up the ladder.

What's not to like?

Getting battered every week and having a relegation on your CV - potentially, more like probably, being part of a record breaking (in a bad way) side. 

I'm struggling to see whats actually too like tbh. 

1 minute ago, Dman said:

Getting battered every week and having a relegation on your CV - potentially, more like probably, being part of a record breaking (in a bad way) side. 

Are you missing the point, even a handful of good games secures a move to REMAIN in the premier league.

Either that, or joining us an potentially never playing in the premier league.

11 minutes ago, Dman said:

Didn't hurt JWP, Tino, Lavia etc getting battered every week and getting relegated...

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Didn't hurt JWP, Tino, Lavia etc getting battered every week and getting relegated...

JWP had years of PL experience before the last season. Tino and Lavia are ready made top 6 players. Hamer has and isn't either. Apples and Oranges. 

• Confused 4

20 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Are you missing the point, even a handful of good games secures a move to REMAIN in the premier league.

Either that, or joining us an potentially never playing in the premier league.

Potentially... or Hamer (specifically who i'm referring to) stays at Cov has another really good season or moves to someone like Leicester and he'll end up in the PL, for a stronger side in years time anyway. 

A move to Sheff U or Luton is a bad move for any player imo. On the pitch and financially. 

Regarding Downes. Realistically, Downes isn't coming to us if we didn't have Martin as our manager. 

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Potentially... or Hamer (specifically who i'm referring to) stays at Cov has another really good season or moves to someone like Leicester and he'll end up in the PL, for a stronger side in years time anyway. 

A move to Sheff U or Luton is a bad move for any player imo. On the pitch and financially. 

Regarding Downes. Realistically, Downes isn't coming to us if we didn't have Martin as our manager. 

Who says Leicester will go up..Or saints?

Half a decent season in the Premier League secures you a move to remain in the premier league. It is quite simple.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Who says Leicester will go up..Or saints?

Half a decent season in the Premier League secures you a move to remain in the premier league. It is quite simple.

I'm not sure why you keep referencing Saints. I've never said he should move to us over them?

Half a decent season potentially secures you a move, but so does a decent season in the championship... 

Just my opinion, but personally I wouldn't be rushing to either of those sides. 

Still not got over that dodgy curry he had on the weekend?  I guess the move to a better club his agent promised would materialise if he was on the verge of joining us never materialised!  Could Downes be our mega exciting last minute of the transfer window loan signing?

Remembering ‘The Meltdown Years’, when players were leaving in their droves and Koeman posted an image of an empty training ground. A when it couldn’t get any worse, it was announced that Calum Chambers was “ill” a.k.a. leaving for Arsenal

1 minute ago, Pengi said:

Remembering ‘The Meltdown Years’, when players were leaving in their droves and Koeman posted an image of an empty training ground. A when it couldn’t get any worse, it was announced that Calum Chambers was “ill” a.k.a. leaving for Arsenal

Yes and the media made out he was taking the piss out of the club even after he himself said that wasn’t what he intended. 

i could see the pros to a Luton loan move for him.

• He plays regularly in the PL
  • Even if Luton is relegated he doesnt go down with them.
  • He won't be blamed for Luton's relegation.
  • If Luton stays up he will get a lot of the credit.
  • If he plays for Saints in Championship and Saints aren't promoted, his PL value will decrease.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SaintTex said:

i could see the pros to a Luton loan move for him.

• He plays regularly in the PL
  • Even if Luton is relegated he doesnt go down with them.
  • He won't be blamed for Luton's relegation.
  • If Luton stays up he will get a lot of the credit.
  • If he plays for Saints in Championship and Saints aren't promoted, his PL value will decrease.

Cons

He's associated with luton.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dman said:

Hamer is now a premier league goal scorer, which would not be the case had he stayed. A handful more (literally) and he has his place cemented in this league.

8 hours ago, Dman said:

Just scored an absolute belter. Guess he would still be better off at Cov rather than showing what he can do in the Prem 🙂

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Hamer is now a premier league goal scorer, which would not be the case had he stayed. A handful more (literally) and he has his place cemented in this league.

Cemented? What are you on about? They'll almost certainly be relegated and theres no guarantee he'll get a move next summer when hes still three years on his contract. He'll be cemented in the championship again

16 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Cemented? What are you on about? They'll almost certainly be relegated and theres no guarantee he'll get a move next summer when hes still three years on his contract. He'll be cemented in the championship again

That's a pretty silly comment. If he performs this year he would be almost guaranteed a transfer if they got relegated. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That's a pretty silly comment. If he performs this year he would be almost guaranteed a transfer if they got relegated. 

Yep just like the guy he replaced Sander Berge who got a move as soon as they got relegated from the PL. Its a silly comment to say that anybody is almost guaranteed a move

1 hour ago, woodsaint1 said:

Yep just like the guy he replaced Sander Berge who got a move as soon as they got relegated from the PL. Its a silly comment to say that anybody is almost guaranteed a move

Are you OK? You literally proved yourself wrong? Have you hit your head this evening?

Berge was being chased by a number of premier league sides after one good season in the premier league 

53 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Are you OK? You literally proved yourself wrong? Have you hit your head this evening?

Berge was being chased by a number of premier league sides after one good season in the premier league 

How did I prove myself wrong? What I've said is it's not a guarantee that a player who may be deemed good enough for PL, will immediately get picked up by a PL team after relegation. Teams may have chased Berge but nobody met his valuation or Sheff Utd refused to sell. Its entirely conceivable that Hamer has a good season in the PL but doesnt get a move next summer and is back in the Championship again. There have been plenty of such players in recent seasons - Mitrovic, Pukki, Sarr, Joao Pedro, Lerma, Billing etc.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Flynn Downes