Saints 2-1 QPR - Match Thread

whelk

This is not particularly good. Neither was the 1st half last week.

Alcaraz not been good, SAA ineffective. Edozie poor but got a goal (that the keeper should have done better with).

2nd half last week we were far quicker with the ball going forward, which we kind of need to do here...

Meh

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This is not particularly good. Neither was the 1st half last week.

Alcaraz not been good, SAA ineffective. Edozie poor but got a goal (that the keeper should have done better with).

2nd half last week we were far quicker with the ball going forward, which we kind of need to do here...

Meh

Are you ever happy ?

• Like 3

Qpr have looked more threatening imo despite our reams of possession

Alcaraz really poor. SAA, completely anonymous. Showing why he should be restricted to cameos for now.

Edozie is definitely winning his match up against their right back. Still think he shouldn't be a regular starter in a team aiming for promotion. He can dribble & It was nice piece of movement (but It was a bad shot) and his crossing is still diabolically bad.

Feels like groundhog Day.

You could put the comments from pretty much any game this season and it'd be the same. Slow, ponderous football, finally score and then immediately switch off.

The main positive is that we normally score late on so there's that to look forward to.

Charles looks good in CB, Bazunu has been alright, Edozie has been lively and got his goal, not a huge amount of positives elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Manning again, he's not having a great game

This is the third game I've seen Manning play and apart from the occasional cross he is the most limited LB I've seen in a Saints shirt since Fox and Harding.      Give me Perraud or even Larios.       

Just now, austsaint said:

This is the third game I've seen Manning play and apart from the occasional cross he is the most limited LB I've seen in a Saints shirt since Fox and Harding.      Give me Perraud or even Larios.       

Danny fox was quality at this level, it's worrying that Manning looks so poor.

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What have I said that was incorrect?

It would be correct to say that the planet is hurtling through the universe at 300,000 mph on a path to certain oblivion, but someone with a naturally cheerful demeanor wouldn't point it out every five minutes... ;)

Edited by trousers

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What have I said that was incorrect?

You posted opinion rather than fact, therefore whether it is 'correct' or not it open to interpretation. Which is fine, but the predominant opinions you seem to hold appear to be "glass half empty".

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

Just now, badgerx16 said:

You posted opinion rather than fact, which is fine, but the predominant opinions you seem to hold appear to be "glass half empty".

What have I said that YOU believe to be incorrect, as my opinion?

Was Alcaraz, or even Saints, really good in the 1st half?

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What have I said that YOU believe to be incorrect, as my opinion?

Was Alcaraz, or even Saints, really good in the 1st half?

You said Alcatraz was"not good", I certainly disagree with that. Overall our attacking was too slow and as the cliche goes, "not enough bodies in the box", but Ido not think it was poor, at least going forward. Our defending, on the other hand, might be described as "needs improvement".

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 2-1 QPR - Saturday 3pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-1 QPR - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic