Mason Holgate

Edmonton Saint

11 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

What worries me is that he will be expecting game time. He didn't come to us to be backup, and I know Everton have historically included clauses in their loan agreements stating the loaning club must pay X amount each time their man doesn't play.

Who cares what he expects. We expected a competent performance and he failed miserably. Hope he stays on the sidelines from now on. 

Edited by niceandfriendly
  • Like 2

Can only hope he is a little ring-rusty because his display today was abysmal. He looks like someone who believes he's got all the time in the world and can make passes out from the back - on today's showing he needs to get those beliefs out of his head and start putting his foot through the ball.

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

So do I, but it's likely RM will be under pressure to select him regardless.

No more pressure than he'll be under to play Man City's on loan centreback who was one of the best in the league, alongside our club captain Jack Stephens when fit again. 

Holgate should immediately be dropped and designated as number 3 CB for the foreseeable. I think there is a player in there somewhere but clearly he ain't at the races right now for whatever reason.

Prem experience, rated by literally one of the top managers in Europe of the last decade in Carlo Ancelloti, player of season for Premier League Everton albeit a few years back and whenever he didn’t play for them he was sat in a trailblazing dugout, loved by West Brom fans during his previous sojourn in Championship. A sure fire nailed on hit transfer……..

And then he plays 🤦‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, Dman said:

He was really shite today and doesn't look match fit. 

I wont blame any of our CBs though - Martin's gungho system leaves them all way too exposed. 

You won’t blame our CBs?? He should have been hooked after 20 minutes. Complete liability. I’ve seen some dross at the back for us over the last 40 years but I reckon this clown has topped the lot. I like Martin but how he allowed this disaster to still be on the pitch after half time to seal the deal with that forth goal calamity is beyond me. Get rid sharpish 

5 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

I was underwhelmed upon his announcement - thought he looked like he thinks he is too good for this league, more than too casual - plays like that at St Mary’s and he’ll quickly get the message unless there is not much between the ears.

Will try not to write the cunt off too early but there were several other utter lazy pieces of shit on the pitch this afternoon. Sickening half arsed performances 

Edited by Mixedkebab

14 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

number 3 CB

Double it. THB, Stephens, Bednarek, Charles, anyone else. Holgate fits in ahead of Onuachu and McCarthy, but only just.

Really hope he improves with time and familiarity with the system. He certainly needs to to earn a spot on the bench.