Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

How does this work in terms of television? I know it's on TV but the landlord of my local pub said he'll put it on for me; Just wondering if it's one of these you have to sign up for? They have Sky Sports, is it just a case of pushing the red button and putting the game on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

How does this work in terms of television? I know it's on TV but the landlord of my local pub said he'll put it on for me; Just wondering if it's one of these you have to sign up for? They have Sky Sports, is it just a case of pushing the red button and putting the game on.

Yes 5 minutes before our match starts. Be quick you might miss the goal. I can’t believe I said that.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

Just a question of timing when the players become familiar enough with Martin’s tactics and fully buy into it to be able to beat the opposition. I don’t think it will be tonight or the next few games. 

I doubt it will be this season.

I've been a bit confused how both Smallbone and A Armstrong have been promoted to undroppable starting xi players. Tella I understood cos of his form for Burnley last season which was fair enough. Armstrong was appalling during our time in the EPL, and tbh I don't think he's been great in the Championship either. Certainly not good enough to be the bloody captain!! Smallbone I think had a decent season last year, but not stunning that deserve to be straight in the starting line up.

For tonight I would like to see both dropped

Bazunu

KWP-Bed-THB-Manning

Charles

S Armstrong-Alcarez

Sulemana-Adams-Edozie

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

I've been a bit confused how both Smallbone and A Armstrong have been promoted to undroppable starting xi players. Tella I understood cos of his form for Burnley last season which was fair enough. Armstrong was appalling during our time in the EPL, and tbh I don't think he's been great in the Championship either. Certainly not good enough to be the bloody captain!! Smallbone I think had a decent season last year, but not stunning that deserve to be straight in the starting line up.

Bazunu

KWP-Bed-THB-Manning

Charles

S Armstrong-Alcarez

Sulemana-Adams-Edozie

I find it bizarre that you wrote that but then put Adams into the team...

1 hour ago, Suhari said:

Don't seem to get the red button games on NowTV. Game doesn't show up on their website.

That's annoying.

Hold up.

Just seen via Mr Google that you can watch Red Button games on NowTV, via some devices, including a PS4.

Will check it out when I get home.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I find it bizarre that you wrote that but then put Adams into the team...

I think Adams is quite a superior player to Armstrong and those are our only real front line strikers. He played better in the EPL. 124 appearances- 25 goals and 14 assists, compared to Armstrongs 53 appearances 4 goals and 4 assists. Even this season in the Championship, Adam has played only half the minutes that Armstrong has and is only 1 goal behind, and thats also including that Armstrong has 2 penalties and a lucky goal off his back.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's got listed as Wednesday Vs Boro. So guessing you just go onto that channel?

40 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's got listed as Wednesday Vs Boro. So guessing you just go onto that channel?

Yeah then wait 5 minutes for any other of the Championship games just before they then hit red button. I have posted the SKY page a couple of posts up

1 hour ago, sydney_saint said:

Bazunu

KWP-Bed-THB-Manning

Charles

S Armstrong-Alcarez

Sulemana-Adams-Edozie

Given the fact that we have conceded 9 in two games, starting with one defensive midfielder sounds too much of a risk to me when the opposition are third having won 5 and lost 1. I think Fraser has to be in the starting 11 as he is the only one of our wingers that can cross a ball.

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Charles at CB with two actual CBs on the bench, with Smallbone and Aribo in midfield.

I don't think I'm even going to bother watching. That team is going to get murdered on the break. 

Rushed out of work, train down to Southampton, see that line up and think he's got to be taking the piss. 

No balance, no tackles in midfield once again , defeat on the way 

The common sense approach was to stick Charles in midfield, and use one of our actual natural CB's - who are on the bench - to play at CB.

But no, play Aribo and Smallbone.

We simply have no central midfield today, this is going to be a case of hoping we score more than them. Again.

Football isn't complicated, our last 3 managers have made it so complicated. Just play players in their natural positions and you'll be surprised at how well it works.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Ipswich - Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic