Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

Just now, obelisk said:

Boos ringing round the ground as Saints again play themselves into trouble. Could get nasty.

Needs to get nasty, it’s awful tactics, all the opposition teams know to high press us as we’re 100% playing out from the back and they’re looking for the mistake.

It has to stop, or at least, not be f****ng predictable!

• Like 3

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Wouldn't bet against another Ipswich goal before HT.

Christ, we tried to give them another one with more fucking suicidal pissing around with it at the back.

I'm sure Martin will come out and say he's proud of the players and they did everything he told them to.

Fuck off.

They probably are.

Just now, James said:

If this really is what Martin wants then I’m sorry but he has got to go. We’ll be lucky to stay up playing like this.

This is the thing for me. I think he's very, very good at coaching a side to play how he wants, I just think the way he wants to play is completely naive to the point of being suicidal.

• Like 2

Fucking sick of this bullshit philosophy already and the ridiculously avoidable goals we concede from it. We’re just giving teams goals. Fucking stupid.

When our opponents attack they do so quick and incisively. When we create a powder puff half-chance it takes 20 odd slow ponderous passes in front of a set defence.

Trust the process, courage, bravery oh fuck off you utter wankstain. We cannot afford to ‘bed’ this team into this style. We have a limited window. Besides, this team won’t exist come June next year if we don’t go up.

Fuck off with your vanity project, Russ because that’s what this is. I honestly don’t buy your bullshit sound bites anymore. 

VANITY PROJECT. This is all down to two vain knobbers trying to over complicate things to prove how smart they are. 

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

RM clearly trying to tighten up - the inverted fullback nonsense seems to have gone. However, we have no clue going forward so far.

Yeah the only difference between this and the last 2 games is the fullbacks are playing more like fullbacks are supposed to play, not fucking 2nd wingers. The hopelessly weak midfield remains though, they are running through us at will, just not into acres of empty space.

• Like 2

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 0-1 Ipswich - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic