Millwall 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

CSA96

12 hours ago, Badger said:

Flaw in that plan is you might need to provide ID for collection. ( We had to at Hull for instance). 

True. 

Another option is  taking a picture of the tickets. Worked for my Spurs mate at St Mary's last season, bloke with the tickets broke down on m3 so he sent them pictures of tickets and it worked scanning the barcode at the turnstile from the image without having actual ticket on them 

So many people.asking around for tickets for this one, I reckon we could have easily taken 4k or more. 

Martin presser pre Millwall

• Gary Rowett did an amazing job, and have lots of respect for him
  • Surprised he decided to leave, unsure why though. He really did a great job there
  • Very hard working team and have recruited well. Very experienced championship team who are amongst at the higher end
  • It can be a great occasion playing at their ground, they can be very passionate, very in your face
  • we have players who have played there, and they are prepared if the crowd are like that, will be interesting time to go there
  • We go with the same mentality over the last 6 games, where we will have to fight to control the game
  • We have spoke about 2 games until the international break. Been a really good week
  • Great week topped off with Ross playing 45 mins for u21.
  • Players are hunting the teams above us, but it not enough and we keep driving
  • players have great pride in what they are doing
  • Huge moment for Ross as he has been out for a long time. He has worked very hard to get on the pitch today
  • I am delighted, as this is a brilliant moment, he will contribute a lot for this team, but we have to patient
  • We hope he has a good week training and in the squad next weekend
  • We have brilliant options. Ryan Fraser playing very well, and will get in the team
  • Che and Arma pushing each other, Seku behind them, and Ross will add to that
  • a lot of competition and delighted. We have to keep them all motivated. It is healthy competition
  • We need our wide men to contribute more goals. Kameldeen knows where we want him to improve and he agrees
  • He is an outstanding talent, and works so hard, has assists, and if he adds goals to his game, he will be brilliant
  • At times, he may need to be a little more selfish, it will come, he is a very young man and is learning
  • We do not really change the way we play so can't say why we have won more away.
  • Not sure it is one thing, but we probably have had tougher games at home
  • it is a real positive that we are a hard team to play against away from home, I demand the same this weekend
  • the players are genuinely really looking forward to the games now, and this weekend is no different
Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 22

22 hours ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

For Palace we’ve done Southern trains to Croydon, usually works out cheaper than going to Waterloo, never done it for Millwall before but I guess could be another option Saturday. It will be dark by the time everyone’s out of the ground so probably best sticking to more familiar routes in the circumstances!

If it’s replacement buses then a large chunk of the 3,000 Saints and thousands more home fans (looks like a full house) will be in hefty queues trying to get away. Best behaviour everyone.

Suspect we'll be kept in for a while post game for that exact reason.

Can see the buses on the way in being a nightmare, imagine they won't have anywhere near enough and there'll be huge queues of both sets of fans. Would advise people to avoid.

I'm probably still gonna have a drink in London Bridge but get the jubilee line to Bermondsey and walk from there.

11 minutes ago, saintstowin said:

If anyone wants to stay overground then London Bridge to New Cross is quick (about 6 minutes) and often, then 25-30 minutes to the ground. Maybe slightly longer walk than Bermondsey tube. 

If you're drinking in groups of 3 or 4 I'd say might even be easier to get an uber down the ground, especially if drinking around Waterloo/ Southwark/ Borough , more drinking time 

27 minutes ago, dpcurtis said:

I have a single spare Ticket in the Saints end for Millwall if anyone is ok to pick up at the game.  Or I'm in Basingstoke if anyone nearby can pick it up before...leaving at 10.30ish.

Will take if still available 

9 hours ago, JRM said:

True. 

Another option is  taking a picture of the tickets. Worked for my Spurs mate at St Mary's last season, bloke with the tickets broke down on m3 so he sent them pictures of tickets and it worked scanning the barcode at the turnstile from the image without having actual ticket on them 

So many people.asking around for tickets for this one, I reckon we could have easily taken 4k or more. 

Reckon you're right. Us Saints Plus members didn't get a look in, so tickets were nowhere near going on general sale. Pity, because some clubs could do with extra revenue from visiting fans (extra 1,000 fans @ £25 per ticket is £25k on ticket sales alone).

"We need our wide men to contribute more goals."

They will - if we can get them the ball earlier. Sulamana needs it at his feet so he can run at a retreating defence - not one that's already set.  Fraser needs it "in behind" and he'll be gone before they turn. Those two can take teams apart if they get their own kind of service.

The crazy thing with our style is that it's both our biggest strength and greatest weakness. When we up the tempo and move the ball quicker we're very good. When we keep passing for the sake of passing, we end up giving the ball way and then have to chase back in a state of near panic. Same style, totally different outcome.

So it's not just Sulemana and Fraser he needs to talk to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Saint NL said:

Must win game, if Leeds can hold on against Leicester, then we need to take advantage and try and claw back some points on the leaders 

Let’s start by clawing back some points on Leeds first. Don’t want to see another team putting too much daylight between us. 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, EssEffCee said:

Have unexpectedly got a spare for today if anyone's interested? Can meet in London Bridge area.

Aiming to be there about 1. Drop me a PM with number or email if interested.

Have you got Twitter? There's loads of people requesting a ticket on there, sure you'll be able to find a few takers.

4 hours ago, EssEffCee said:

Have unexpectedly got a spare for today if anyone's interested? Can meet in London Bridge area.

Aiming to be there about 1. Drop me a PM with number or email if interested.

I can take. Will pay a bit more as a goodwill

email deleted

Edited by nta786

12 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Finally seeing a settled team get picked. 

With successive managers constantly tinkering with the line-ups and tactics, it feels like a very long time since we had a settled starting 11 that picked itself.

Just got to hope it helps us maintain our current form.

• Like 3

Nice. Very happy with that. I like Bree at LB. He gives Sulemana freedom to do his thing down the left, ditto KWP down the right. 

I fancy a comfortable 3-1 today. S Armstrong, A Armstrong, and Alcaraz. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Millwall 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic