Norwich 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

sfc4prem

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Is there a reason we’re trying to shoehorn Stephens in?

I mean we’re playing well enough as it is, why change things??

I wonder if there's already firm interest for KWP from other clubs so RM is bedding in his replacement.

Looks like a team picked to weather an early storm and then come good late. I’m  thinking it’s going to be a 433 like when we played them earlier this season. 
Albeit different personnel. 
Thus time we have plus Flynn and plus THB and plus Aribo on form plus keeping Che if we need a 97 minute goal!
 Objectively  we are stronger in personnel than last time and stronger in playing PB football than last time. Whether that counts…let’s see COYS! 

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

I wonder if there's already firm interest for KWP from other clubs so RM is bedding in his replacement.

I think this is exactly what is happening. Stephens or Bree will play full back and we’ll bring in a right sided midfield player to replace KWP

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Don’t agree with this Stephens at Full back bollox.

KWP is more of a threat for us at Full back and Stephens is not as good a RB as KWP.

Why Russ ?

Possibly three at the back, KWP and Manning further forward ?

Not sure on that myself but a possibility perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Don’t like KWP playing as a winger.  Upsets the balance of the side.  Also a bit concerned about Stephens up against Rowe.

Agree, it has t worked yet, in fact quite the opposite…. Odd 

Just now, suewhistle said:

Bree not even on the bench so assumed injured which might help explain Stephens.

So now the question is do I splash out £10 on Saintsplayer or try and find a dodgy 

Go for Saintsplayer, go mad treat yourself 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Is there a reason we’re trying to shoehorn Stephens in?

I mean we’re playing well enough as it is, why change things??

He's played in the last 4 matches, we've won all of them. Started against Swansea, we won 5-0. Not sure he is being shoe-horned in today.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Bree not even on the bench so assumed injured which might help explain Stephens.

So now the question is do I splash out £10 on Saintsplayer or try and find a dodgy stream..

Bree went off injured against QPR (hamstring), Martin said he needs a second scan and won't be involved over the festive season series of games. Stephens came in (started) against Swansea and altogether has played in the last 4 games (all wins), not sure why people are suddenly getting excited about him being in the team today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Subs bench looks light on defenders. Something we may need to address in the window.

Wonder if Norwich will try to exploit that by nobbling one of ours or trying to get someone sent off? Probably don’t need to resort to that kind of shithousery - they’re good enough to get a result, but listening to the commentators it seems there might be a lack of discipline in their side.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Subs bench looks light on defenders. Something we may need to address in the window.

Was just thinking exactly the same.

Where's Holgate? Has he returned to Everton already?

Who else do we have?

4 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Was just thinking exactly the same.

Where's Holgate? Has he returned to Everton already?

Who else do we have?

I guess Charles is the cover today. In general, Bree, Larios both injured and maybe Simeu and Abu could step up from the u21s to be on the bench.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Norwich 1-1 Saints - NYD 3pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Norwich 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic