Norwich 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

sfc4prem

8 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Okay, let me explain. Basically every single time Norwich get the ball in the central midfield area, their player looks up (or doesn't every time thankfully). And out far on the right wing in acres of space is Stacey. Every time he is there and free. Where is manning you might ask? Marking no one and about 20yards away from him.

Maybe he's been told to do that, but whatever it is, its Norwich's most likely route to getting a goal.

Also, i think Stacey should have seen red for his tackle, so what i absolutely do not want is us to concede a goal to a diagonal pass out to stacey, to then assist a goal, and us lose 1-0.

Manning has been told to do that. I would have thought that was obvious by now as it happens every week. 

I don’t really understand or necessarily agree with the logic of it frankly - ie it’s to keep ourselves defensively compact - but I don’t think singling out manning week after week for a slating - as happens here every match - for doing what he’s told is entirely fair on the bloke.

“Blame” RM if you want to blame someone for this apparent vulnerability in our play but Manning is just doing what he’s told. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Surely everyone has realised by now that we defend narrowly and Manning takes up defensive positions as instructed? He's not just fucking off the wide man because he can't be arsed as seems to the consensus from the first half posts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Surely everyone has realised by now that we defend narrowly and Manning takes up defensive positions as instructed? He's not just fucking off the wide man because he can't be arsed as seems to the consensus from the first half posts.

I don't think he's being instructed, I think he's concerned about getting too close because of his lack of pace and ability to defend 1 Vs 1.

It doesn’t matter - it screws us over time and again.

If that's the case then why don't we have the same issue on our right as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Why are his replacements never instructed to take up those same positions? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Absolutely. As if Martin is seeing it every game and not correcting it.  

Adams watch: Does enough to put a player off so we get the ball, drops back 5 yards to receive one of our direct passes, with wich he's have space to turn and run towards their box. The pass doesn't come.

They get some space on the right back position, but we break. Now if someone was to do that chip, it would be Adams. But Fraser was central and available for at least a ball in there. A uch better option.

Another decent passing move in their box. Manning did well there, realising his own shot would be blocked and immediately cutting it back.

Fraser having to do a lot of work from deeper. Just need one of these, because we're letting Gunn off really easy today.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Norwich 1-1 Saints - NYD 3pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Norwich 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic