WBA 0-2 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

28 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

We've the second best away record in the league (win 8 draw 5 lost 3) 🤷🏼‍♂️

The only team we’ve beaten away in the top 13 is Hull and that was on the fortunate side. Those other 7 wins have come against teams in the bottom 10. 

So it’s more a prediction on form over the course of the season rather than being unnecessarily negative 

36 minutes ago, Rut said:

Away from football - has anyone ever met someone who has answered 'West Bromwich' when asked where they are from?

I don't think I ever have

No...and I wouldn't admit if I lived there either 😂

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Still awaiting your pre match prognosis Wade. 

Taking it easy on this one Charlie.  Still licking my wounds from Tuesday.

If we’re at full strength though, those dour, back country cunts won’t know what’s hit them , 3-1 victory.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My Line up for tonight, with alternatives if first choice is injured. Players need to start earning their way OUT of the team. Manning has never been good enough. 

Bazunu

KWP   THB    Bednarek  Bree/Meghoma/The Kitman if he has a left foot

Smallbone Downes/Charles  Aribo

A.Armstrong   Adams/Mara    Brooks/Sulemana

• Like 2

4 hours ago, igsey said:

3 days between games is brutal, we had Saturday -> Tuesday to try and figure out how to deal without our key midfielder while also making sure players were properly rested, and again Tuesday -> Friday (which is ludicrous scheduling, why isn't this at the weekend?) without even being sure if said key midfielder will be fit. There's only so much you can teach in a lecture theatre without putting in the hours on the training pitch.

It's really no different to Wednesday - Saturday which is a lot more common and accepted. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

We bounce straight back... with a game where we don't finish much and look a bit disjointed, but do enough to get a 1-0 win.

If we do win tonight I think we'll need to score at least two, can't see a clean sheet up there 

If Flynn plays we have a chance, if he doesn't, we're in trouble.

They've beaten Leeds and Ipswich at home without conceding.

If we can grind out a win then it'll be a massive boost going into two home games next week.

3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Miserable you! Cheer up and get behind our team. Imagine they are the Tories of Kettering and we are Labour coming to get them and we are going to give them a damn good thrashing!

I think you've logged in with your wrong account again.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Not showing a lot of faith in Meghoma. 

Indeed, but putting yet more faith in calamity Jack !

you concede 6 goals in two games so you put in Stephens to stem that? Fuckin hell 🙄

Edited by beatlesaint

Glad Mara starts. Hope Martin was working with this team on how to defender coherently and then support once we have possession.

West Brom will have even more reason for optimism after seeing this teamsheet.

He’s dropped Manning, which people have been clamouring for. He’s started Mara, who people have said should be starting ahead of Adams. Downes not fit so no choice but to play Charles as literally no-one else.

Not sure what people are expecting? Chucking Meghoma into a game like this against the likes of Diangana would be crazy.

• Like 5

Just now, ErwinK1961 said:

He’s dropped Manning, which people have been clamouring for. He’s started Mara, who people have said should be starting ahead of Adams. Downes not fit so no choice but to play Charles as literally no-one else.

Not sure what people are expecting? Chucking Meghoma into a game like this against the likes of Diangana would be crazy.

Meghoma not strong enough yet.  WBA are a massive team, like a load of bouncers.

Think it’s just a case of not having two attacking full backs - we had better balance with Bree for that reason.

Might get away with it against weaker sides and with Downes in, but without our proper midfield anchor we’re far too exposed when both full backs push on.

Sensible decision imho

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Think it’s just a case of not having two attacking full backs - we had better balance with Bree for that reason.

Might get away with it against weaker sides and with Downes in, but without our proper midfield anchor we’re far too exposed when both full backs push on.

Sensible decision imho

But confused why we didn't bring in another lb if we weren't going to play Meghoma. 

Feels like the type of match that might call for Stephen’s’ shithousery at some point... Hopefully he doesn’t get too adventurous and everything wide from us comes through KWP and Arma.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to WBA 0-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic