Liverpool 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

Just now, beatlesaint said:

Might as well play Sulemana given his best game by far was against them and its a good shop window for him which i'm sure will be at the forefront of his mind.

Sulemana definitely won't be here next season assuming we are still in the championship which looks increasingly likely.  He seems to think he's better than us too 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Leighsterrr said:

I only got a ticket so I could see him play 🥲

Check the small print. If they didn't mention that Brooks might be cup tied when you bought the ticket you could be entitled to significant compensation

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Sulemana definitely won't be here next season assuming we are still in the championship which looks increasingly likely.  He seems to think he's better than us too 

Which is mad because he’s contributed the square root of very little to this campaign in terms of attacking efficiency. Reminds me a little of Mane before he came good, but given the league he’s in, there are few signs that Sulemana will get anywhere near Mane’s level of success.

• Like 1

Those feeling this is a completely unwanted distraction that we have no chance in may be interested to know that, in light of the likely Liverpool team, you can currently lay us to qualify at around 11/4 on Betfair.......👀

7 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Might as well play Sulemana given his best game by far was against them and its a good shop window for him which i'm sure will be at the forefront of his mind.

So here's what we do. We do a Millwall. Jack knobbles any of their strikers in the first five minutes to let them know we're there. Then we put everyone behind the ball except Sulemana and Edozie/Sam AA. Then, when they attack and lose the ball, Baz (not Lumley) hoofs it to our super fast forwards to score on the break. Can only get 40/1 on Betfair for 2-3 to us. They know it makes sense. 😉

• Like 1

Let's get it out of the way, lose, and then move onto the real business of the season. It can't be a coincidence that form has dropped so badly since this game was on the horizon, they have to have had half an eye on it. Lose, move on, start winning again.

Edited by Oldandtired
  • Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 11:39, DT said:

This is the bit where injuries to key players 'improve unexpectedly'.

The Klopp love-in is insufferable.

Somebody should remind the media of the illegal approach to VVD which was his foundation.

Didn't you know he discovered hidden gems such as Sadio Mane & Virigl Van Dijk? Plucked them from obscurity and turned them into superstars.

Sarcasm mode off.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jack said:

Leicester reserves win at Bournemouth, Blackburn giving Newcastle a hell of a game… any chance we can at least show up for this and have a go? 

We go into this one as clear favourites. They have a depleted squad with many injuries to star players. They only have 60 points this season, we have 67. Anfield is a tough ground to play at, they’ll struggle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

We go into this one as clear favourites. They have a depleted squad with many injuries to star players. They only have 60 points this season, we have 67. Anfield is a tough ground to play at, they’ll struggle. 

Yep. We've beaten worse teams.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Apparently this is their team, there's a guy who leaks it on their forum (a bit like VMan back in the day)

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

Not sure it matters, no doubt RM will already have decided the team in order to keep everyone happy.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, DT said:

Think we should put out our youngest possible side just to piss on their media-love in bonfire. I suspect they will have injured players magically recover today. Blessed by the hand of Klopp, or something.

Yep, said it before: Meghoma, SAA, Dibling and Bragg as a sub to protect our lead..

Ok this is what will happen tonight…..

Liverpool (probably Klopp’s Kindergarten) are live on ITV tonight in the FA Cup. ITV will be so busy paying homage to Klippity and co that we won’t get a mention until the game starts….and even then that’s open for debate.

Should by some miracle Saints score the level of incredulity will rise beyond reasonable levels, “how dare….umm, who are these, oh yeah, Southampton, score” We probably won’t….but just in case

If we happen to steal a win……the brown stuff will hit the fan, how dare they break Jurgen’s dream of winning everything blah blah blah.

The fact we need this game like a hole in the head will be lost on ITV, we will probably play a weakened side, we have much bigger fish to fry…..and one last thing, if we lose 5 or 6-0 we will be called “plucky” and Klopp will hug all our players

Up the Saints!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Liverpool (probably Klopp’s Kindergarten) are live on ITV tonight in the FA Cup. ITV will be so busy paying homage to Klippity and co that we won’t get a mention until the game starts….and even then that’s open for debate.

Should by some miracle Saints score the level of incredulity will rise beyond reasonable levels, “how dare….umm, who are these, oh yeah, Southampton, score” We probably won’t….but just in case

If we happen to steal a win……the brown stuff will hit the fan, how dare they break Jurgen’s dream of winning everything blah blah blah.

The fact we need this game like a hole in the head will be lost on ITV, we will probably play a weakened side, we have much bigger fish to fry…..and one last thing, if we lose 5 or 6-0 we will be called “plucky” and Klopp will hug all our players

Up the Saints!

ITV have got Roy Keane, presumably to provide some anti-Liverpool bias/realism to the punditry

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

ITV have got Roy Keane, presumably to provide some anti-Liverpool bias/realism to the punditry

Nah, all he'll do is contribute even more hot air to global warming, same as all these exponentially increasing number of prunedits do.

For those of us really looking forward to seeing what Brooksy can do on the big Anfield stage tonight, I have an update.  I've just bumped into him at Fleetsbridge Tesco Extra - where a close examination of his basket showed a large bag of Dorritos, salsa dip and a rom-com DVD (£1 - he likes a bargain).  This looks like he's setting down for the night in front of the TV.    Gutted.

• Haha 4

predicted team tonight (not necessarily what I would choose as I wouldn't have Rothwell playing for us again) :-

-------------- Lumley -------------

KWP ---- Stephens -- Bednarek ---Meghoma

-----Charles ----- Rothwell -------

SAA --------- Aribo ----------- Sulemana

-------------- Mara -----------------

• Like 2

Predictions:

Saints regularly getting in trouble trying to play out but can’t handle their press. VVD to score. Baz to get us in trouble. Russ to admit it was all his fault for playing a shit system that doesn’t work, again.

But, we’re on the way up and hoping to be proven wrong. And if not then a decent day/night out anyway 

14 hours ago, Matty's Caddy said:

Hey chaps, does anyone have an idea about pubs for tomorrow night, I see there are no designated away fans only pubs….

I’m hearing a couple of people say Arkles is the place to go. Close to the ground. Accepts both home and away fans usually…

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Up the Saints!

Thanks for reminding me why I decided not to wake up and watch it.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, WokingSaint said:

So did I. Right behind the goal.

Yeah I was right behind the goal , couple of other fans mentioned it. It was a while ago now 🤔 thought I had imagined it.

6 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Sulemana DM, don't shoot the messenger.

to be fair to the man, he quite happily would take the ball under pressure and spin away from the man, not too sure about his tackling though and his risk v reward radar might be off.

Bloody Lavia would of loved the role as he was awesome at last season and in the few games we saw this season.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Don't underestimate their "kids", from what I saw on Sunday they looked very talented and pacey. 

Yep. Their kids will press us all over the pitch and kill us with pace. Could be a very long night I think. 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Liverpool 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic