Saints 3-0 PNE - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

2 minutes ago, Channons Windmill said:

If they cancel the game won’t that be unfair that we only play 45 games when the others play 46?  Surely postponing is more equitable?

All games must be played. It won't be cancelled.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SotonianWill said:

Worlds gone soft, play on!! Welcome to Hell Preston.

Mate, it’s Preston. They see these images day in day out- black clouds, smoke, shite weather, it really is grim oop north. If they arrive in Southampton with everything going on, it’s like home to home.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

image.thumb.png.3da312a1d0319f393031197d3e3b1b8e.png

If SMS has been evacuated then there is pretty much zero chance of the game going ahead tonight, and probably explains why the club haven't made any kind of statement on social media yet.

Delaying is a bit unfair on Preston fans on their way down....

8 minutes ago, Channons Windmill said:

If they cancel the game won’t that be unfair that we only play 45 games when the others play 46?  Surely postponing is more equitable?

Apparently if the games rescheduled Brooks can’t play as he’s cup tied :(

• Haha 7

Does anyone know if the shop will still be open?  I may as well make a long trip down worthwhile by looking for some half price bargains.  I appreciate with roads closed, 18 appliances in attendance, local residents being told to stay indoors etc that I may have to go through a tortuous route to enter the megastore......

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, malcolm waldron said:

Does anyone know if the shop will still be open?  I may as well make a long trip down worthwhile by looking for some half price bargains.  I appreciate with roads closed, 18 appliances in attendance, local residents being told to stay indoors etc that I may have to go through a tortuous route to enter the megastore......

Reckon you’ll get better than half price on some Saints branded, fire damaged smoke alarms.

2 minutes ago, malcolm waldron said:

Maybe get a better deal if you wait for the fire sale? 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Wonder how much heat the ground structure is under

Will be smoke particles dropping on to the pitch and seats anyway I expect, even if no actual heat damage.

• Like 1

There’s no way this is going ahead tonight. 18 fire engines.                              ‘err can we allow 29000 people to descend on the area?’

’Errrr..no you cant’

Saints release poor financial results...... mysterious fire breaks out next to the stadium.

.....wonder if we recently upped our insurance level?

• Haha 2

Why the 'eck haven't they made the decision and announced it. It's patently obvious from everything we've seen here.. Stadium safety officer and fire chief together for the decision and then the details afterwards with all the parties involved.. It's not as if any of the submissions from the other parties will impact the decision - "well, we'd rather like to fulfill the fixture today.."

• Like 1

Just now, suewhistle said:

Why the 'eck haven't they made the decision and announced it. It's patently obvious from everything we've seen here.. Stadium safety officer and fire chief together for the decision and then the details afterwards with all the parties involved.. It's not as if any of the submissions from the other parties will impact the decision - "well, we'd rather like to fulfill the fixture today.."

They've probably made the decision, but just can't announce it because the media team have been evacuated from the offices and can't log on to their Twitter account etc...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

Can only assume there is a cut off point and they are leaving it to the last moment. 

No doubt they are passing the message around the back and then in time will pass it to the middle management before the top man will run into the box to shoot the messenger

Edited by OldNick
  • Haha 4

Could the game go ahead behind closed doors if the fire is out in time but not safe enough for thousands of fans?

or have it at Staplewood 😂

Edited by Pancake

3 minutes ago, OldNick said:

No doubt they are passing the message around the back and then in time will pass it to the middle management before the top man will run into the box to shoot the messenger

They gave it to Smallbone but he gave it away. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pancake said:

Could the game go ahead behind closed doors if the fire is out in time but not safe enough for thousands of fans?

or have it at Staplewood 😂

Pancake! Where have you been?

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints vs PNE - Wednesday 1945 - Fire near St Mary’s - Match in doubt
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-0 PNE - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic