Shea Charles

Saint Garrett

17 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

He was clearly ahead of the last defender, but not the ball

image.png.d16e2dc84b63344636901e4da053f1ca.png

That's incredibly close. I reckon VAR would have spent at least 3 minutes on this, looking forward to these moments next year?

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I'm on phone so can't do this but using that picture it would be easy to tell - draw a line along the line in the grass and move it along. 

He looks just off to me.

In my defence, i was in the process of marking up drawings:
image.png.97071cba2683b311802d6889e9b4cc42.png

But we was robbed i tells ya!

Now imagine if we miss out on promotion on goal difference (by say 1...) to Ipswich. Which is very plausible (if you assume we catch them on points) as we'll close up the current points gap and we've scored more per game than them.

Edited by Saint86

28 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Any other still shots?

Believe me, to those of us who were there and in line he was comfortably offside..

OK, let's use the previous frame, just before the ball was kicked, and he looks pretty much level...

image.thumb.png.004741ca62bb5db2d83dced548cf17f4.png

Back to the original topic, Shea Charles is clearly our only other defensive midfielder option to cover for Flynn so for me should always be in the squad. I think he may start tonight. I've been impressed with him this season, there's still a lot of growth in him and he's only 20.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Any other still shots?

Believe me, to those of us who were there and in line he was comfortably offside..

I was right in line with it and it wasn’t “comfortably offside” at all. It looked in real time as it does in the stills, a very close call.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

He’s clearly ahead of the ball and any defender.

Certainly not an incorrect decision.

Stop digging Whitey. Your eyesight is not quite as good as you think it is.

No problem with the decision as it was close but he is not clearly offside.

Just now, Yozzman said:

Stop digging Whitey. Your eyesight is not quite as good as you think it is.

No problem with the decision as it was close but he is not clearly offside.

Personally I think he's off, just, but I wouldn't call it clear. We'd be fuming if that was against us and the goal was given. 

3 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

He was clearly ahead of the last defender, but not the ball

image.png.d16e2dc84b63344636901e4da053f1ca.png

How do we know the bloke with the lawnmower cut the grass perfectly perpendicular to the touchline...? ;)

#devilsadvocate

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, egg said:

Personally I think he's off, just, but I wouldn't call it clear. We'd be fuming if that was against us and the goal was given. 

Speak for yourself, I’d call it a marginal offside call, which could be given either way. I’d be much more ‘fuming’ about the circumstances which lead us to be 2v1 in our own half in the first place.

3 hours ago, Saint Pete said:

Hopefully Charles will be in squad tonight. Downes will likely need a rest at some point.

And he got it. And was decent. We're going to need the squad over the next few weeks so good to see him play with confidence. He's not the same player as Downes but I noticed he won a few headers which adds to what he can offer us. I've seen him be poor earlier in the season but he's young and learning and the price tag wasn't his fault. Promising. 

• Like 2

On 16/04/2024 at 22:12, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Neat and tidy tonight. Short simple passes, with Preston giving plenty of time for him to take up positions to receive passes. A nice confidence builder.

Agree. He never does those searching passes and Preston weren't exactly on him as soon as he had the ball, but he looks competent, looks like a solid player to bring on to defend a lead and looks a lot better in that role than Jack!!

• Like 1

His hate for this guy cost us again today. 

At 1-0 it was absolutely crying out for a calm head in midfield. 

Unbelievable he still thinks that Rothwell can play as a 6. 

His subs today were all wrong. Horrendous management today. He has to start learning 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Osvaldorama said:

His hate for this guy cost us again today. 

At 1-0 it was absolutely crying out for a calm head in midfield. 

Unbelievable he still thinks that Rothwell can play as a 6. 

His subs today were all wrong. Horrendous management today. He has to start learning 

I'd have liked to see us start with Aribo, Armstrong and Charles in midfield today.

Or Aribo, Downes and Charles once Downes is fit.

• Like 7