Sunderland Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Fancy an away win here however this depends on which Sunderland turn up. After the 8-0 drumming they'll be seeking some form of revenge.

Wanyama back but Morgan could be out.

Davis

Clyne Tony Fonte Bertrand

Wanyama Reed/Morgan Ward-Prowse

Mane Pelle Tadic

2-0 win for me. COYS!

It should be a win, let's be honest. I'd be so so so gutted at anything less.

Sunderland are horrifically bad, there's no dressing that up. If we can get Mane up close to Pelle again, then they will take the awful O'Shea and the joke Vergini to the cleaners.

I guess though, it's the end of the season and odd-result time....but if we play at anywhere close as we did today or at Stoke, then we'll win.

Sunderland should be well up for revenge... should. Recent performances would suggest they aren't really up for anything. A draw at Stoke today was reasonable but after what Villa and Palace did to them at the SOL we should be going up there for a win.

Victor should be back. Might Jay Rod even make the bench?

Sunderland should be well up for revenge... should. Recent performances would suggest they aren't really up for anything. A draw at Stoke today was reasonable but after what Villa and Palace did to them at the SOL we should be going up there for a win.

Victor should be back. Might Jay Rod even make the bench?

Do you really think Jayrod will make the bench ? Evidence or just a hunch ?

We're going to finish at least seventh, don't worry about it.

It's just whether we can squeak sixth.

Still think it's on for 5th, given Liverpool's result today. Certainly not out of the question. In theory we could win the next 3, who knows.

Sunderland 0-8 Southampton

Vergini og, Vergini og, Vergini og (hattrick), Brown og, O'Shea og, Fletcher og, Cattermole og, Kelvin Davis.

Naw, I predict a much tougher game than the 8-0 but one that we really should still be winning. But they will fight, and they need to. I so want us to win this but I can see a draw. We have more quality, let's just hope it shines through.

Still think it's on for 5th, given Liverpool's result today. Certainly not out of the question. In theory we could win the next 3, who knows.

Yeah, possible. I can't see it myself. Be delighted with 6th anyway.

However I can see Hull beating Liverpool on Tuesday though, archetypal April run-in result. That might open things up again.

Do you really think Jayrod will make the bench ? Evidence or just a hunch ?

I think he might make the bench for the Villa game,(and get on in the last 10 minutes), but surely will be out on show v. Citeh and then wait for the bids to come in.

If he scores in either game.. it'll mean a few million more on his eventual fee.

Fancy an away win here however this depends on which Sunderland turn up. After the 8-0 drumming they'll be seeking some form of revenge.

Wanyama back but Morgan could be out.

Davis

Clyne Tony Fonte Bertrand

Wanyama Reed/Morgan Ward-Prowse

Mane Pelle Tadic

2-0 win for me. COYS!

Interested to know why you would pick Ward-Prowse as a starter. Surely Davis, despite his missed shots played a better all round game.

Maybe RK will get Gallagher to give some of our players shooting practice as he seems the only player who can score outside the box?

You are quite tiresome. Surprised you didn't slip something in there about how crap you think Tadic is.

Just looking at what's at stake I'd say we need:

Leicester to lose to Newcastle (yeah right) to end their winning streak ahead of our game.

Villa to beat Everton, would be nice if Villa were safe when they come to SMS with both eyes on the cup final.

Burnley not to win, which would help the above scenario.

Just looking at what's at stake I'd say we need:

Leicester to lose to Newcastle (yeah right) to end their winning streak ahead of our game.

Villa to beat Everton, would be nice if Villa were safe when they come to SMS with both eyes on the cup final.

Burnley not to win, which would help the above scenario.

Leicester have Chelsea on Wednesday, they'll stop their winning ways.

I think 5th/6th place will be up for grabs right up until the last day of the season. But for Sunderland, I'd go

----------------Davis------------------

Clyne-----Toby-----Fonte-----Bertrand

-------Reed-----------Wanyama

Mane---------Davis----------Long

---------------Pelle-----------------

Morgan in for Reed if fit.

Subs: Yoshida, Targett, JWP, Tadic, Elia, Gallagher, Gazza

They have to win and to do that they can't afford to park the bus. They will press hard and hopefully will make mistakes - plenty of those in the side. We just need to be prepared to battle and make sure there are plenty of chances. Would play Long from the start with Pelle and Mane - those three will terrorise their defence and draw out fouls/pens. Let them play or allow them too much room to get around the back and we could come unstuck with Kelv being indecisive. I reckon... 1-2.

Tadić was so bad at Stoke that I'd happily see him sit out the season. One backheel and a goal at Man U are all I remember of his entire season and he's had plenty more opportunities than Elia.

He has been pretty awful for most of the season. But I do remember his best performance was probably home to Sunderland, where he set up a ton of goals.

Maybe he'd do well against Sunderland again? Although recent form would suggest otherwise.

Would like to see Djuricic given another go instead if he's fit.

----------Davis-----------

Clyne---Fonte---Toby----Bertrand

Wanyama---Morgan (if fit if not reed)---Jwp

Long----Pelle-----Mane

0-3 Long x2 ,Mane

Would like to think both mane and long will have a field day against o'shea and Brown.I can see them getting through on more than one occation.COYR

----------Davis-----------

Clyne---Fonte---Toby----Bertrand

Wanyama---Morgan (if fit if not reed)---Jwp

Long----Pelle-----Mane

0-3 Long x2 ,Mane

Would like to think both mane and long will have a field day against o'shea and Brown.I can see them getting through on more than one occation.COYR

Agree, seeing what Bolasie and the pace of palace did to them, Mané and co. must be licking their lips.

He has been pretty awful for most of the season. But I do remember his best performance was probably home to Sunderland, where he set up a ton of goals.

Maybe he'd do well against Sunderland again? Although recent form would suggest otherwise.

Would like to see Djuricic given another go instead if he's fit.

True, everyone was pretty good against Sunderpants last time.

Not sure Djuricic is fit - also not sure he deserves another go - but it's typical that ALL of our numerous wide players seem to be off-form at the moment. Not including Mane in that as his best position is clearly in the hole behind Pelle.

True, everyone was pretty good against Sunderpants last time.

We were absolutely diabolical for the first 30 minutes or so when our first went in completely against the run of play. After that we did play quite well :-) Let's hope the Og bloke scores a few for us again.

From the OS photos Morgan,JRod and José seem to have been excused from the hospital visit yesterday.

Frazer as well of course. Don't know what that means in terms of Saturday's game for Morgan and José.

Couldn't see Morgan or Jose in the JRod training gallery, still a few days yet though and we'll find out from Ron tomorrow

I would like to have Mane, Long and Pelle in the team (Mane is our best attacker, Pelle is refinding some form and Long has been involved in a lot of assists and goals recently).

However, I don't want Mane or Long wasted out wide. Therefore, I think I would go with a back 3. This means we don't need to fit Davis or JWP into the team IMO.

--------------------------KD-------------------------

---------Fonte----------Toby---------Yoshi---------

Clyne--------------------------------------------Bertrand

--------Morgan (Reed if injured)--Wanyama-----

--------------------------Mane-------------------------

-----------------Pelle------------Long-----------------

Bench: Gazza, Gardos, Targett, JWP, Reed (if not on pitch), Elia, Tadic, (Gallagher, if Reed on pitch)

We were absolutely diabolical for the first 30 minutes or so when our first went in completely against the run of play. After that we did play quite well :-) Let's hope the Og bloke scores a few for us again.

Yeah, that's true, but in context of the whole game even Tadic was decent.