2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

The team I follow in France unveiled their kit by hiding three of them and organising a treasure hunt in the city. They have a series of clues relating to famous landmarks in the area, and you had to upload a selfie of yourself with said landmark in the background before receiving the next clue.

Have to admit, I'm curious to see who the media department have decided to cast as the villain...having someone from Liverpool portrayed as a thief probably wouldn't go down to well with them!

Would Ben a genius way to announce a new manager, or player, cast them as the thief and they like the kit so much they choose to sign for us.

Would Ben a genius way to announce a new manager, or player, cast them as the thief and they like the kit so much they choose to sign for us.

Lol. Imagine if we've only just sacked Claude because we were waiting for this animation to render out :)

No, most people couldn't care less. But for people who are on a kit post (even one on the Saints official feed) not to know by now is just strange. It's like... you're interested enough to watch this, but not to make the two clicks that will actually show you it?

PS November is the latest this thread's started for 3 years.

dw mate, i love your passion for kits and find the insights you provide as invaluable. keep it up!

Have to admit, I'm curious to see who the media department have decided to cast as the villain...having someone from Liverpool portrayed as a thief probably wouldn't go down to well with them!

My money's on Sammy Saint #deviousdog

The state of this thread....people freaking out about a cartoon and a lack of a set date for kit reveal.

It's certainly different, but I enjoy the club doing different things when it comes to kit announcements.

Also respect The9's work in providing insight and keeping track of the whole thing.

This new kit launch is causing so much trouble.

I've heard Bertrand wants out as he was not happy on what he looked like plus our manager was sacked as he wanted the relaunch date brought forward.

VVD wants to leave for Liverpool as he was not featured enough, Forster is puzzled as it shows him saving shots.

Tadic, Jayrod almost gone as they never got a mention either.

The very last I have heard was 2,000 Saints fans going mad as they hate this Ben 10 cartoon Southampton football club keep playing.

MELTDOWN

Shouldn't you be up a tree somewhere, Pilch? :-)

Anyway, in case Steve Grant is looking, I've paid me fiver mate, since obviously at such a busy time as this I might want to make more than 3 comments daily.

But just in case he's slow to give me access I'd also like to say thanks to The9. Complete nutter, of course, ;-), but where would we be without enthusiasts and pleased for Newport's escape this year.

Back on 16.

The state of this thread....people freaking out about a cartoon and a lack of a set date for kit reveal.

It's certainly different, but I enjoy the club doing different things when it comes to kit announcements.

Also respect The9's work in providing insight and keeping track of the whole thing.

I agree with you i like the club trying to be inventive with these types of things and if it were being done 6-8 bloody weeks ago everyone would be happy.

I agree with you i like the club trying to be inventive with these types of things and if it were being done 6-8 bloody weeks ago everyone would be happy.

Eight weeks ago most of this joint was in #meltdown about us crawling to an 8th place finish. If the club had have released THIS video back then half the people on here would have died of apoplexy. The other half would have complained the club was trying to distract us.

Screwed either way.

some jumped up squirt in the marketing/pr team is probably high fiving his mates down at the local organic juice bar about the campaign....whilst most people seem to be at the 'just get on with it' stage

*sigh*

this isn't how it works, this will have been briefed in to the agency about 6-8months ago with a deadline of probably at least a month ago (to give time for the clients acceptance). The initial sign off would've been the concept, then story boards, then base character design and finally the full animations (all signed off at once).

Once the assets would've been delivered it would've been passed to the social media agency for Southampton (another third party supplier), most likely with scheduled releases, so either timed tweets and facebook posts that are managed with something like hootsuite, to include the analytics tagging etc, or a specific social media manager or team (who would also be retained by the club to respond).

Despite what many on here think Saints will most likely be a single client amongst a roster, in some cases the biggest client but mostly about medium sized, and due to the sign off process and release process dictated above this will managed very closely and treated far more as "part of the day job" than anything special.

Oh and knowing the industry pretty well it won't be a juice bar today it'll be the nearest pub with a beer garden, the same as pretty much everyone else.

*sigh*

this isn't how it works, this will have been briefed in to the agency about 6-8months ago with a deadline of probably at least a month ago (to give time for the clients acceptance). The initial sign off would've been the concept, then story boards, then base character design and finally the full animations (all signed off at once).

Once the assets would've been delivered it would've been passed to the social media agency for Southampton (another third party supplier), most likely with scheduled releases, so either timed tweets and facebook posts that are managed with something like hootsuite, to include the analytics tagging etc, or a specific social media manager or team (who would also be retained by the club to respond).

Despite what many on here think Saints will most likely be a single client amongst a roster, in some cases the biggest client but mostly about medium sized, and due to the sign off process and release process dictated above this will managed very closely and treated far more as "part of the day job" than anything special.

Oh and knowing the industry pretty well it won't be a juice bar today it'll be the nearest pub with a beer garden, the same as pretty much everyone else.

WIll he still be drinking real ale, wearing tight jeans with turn ups, a cheque shirt, new balance trainers with a beard discussing left wing politics?

WIll he still be drinking real ale, wearing tight jeans with turn ups, a cheque shirt, new balance trainers with a beard discussing left wing politics?

yes, no more likely chinos these days, cheque shirts are long done t-shirts are more likely or a printed shirt, huaraches, beards haven't been a thing that's hugely popular for about two years, dunno i'd guess probably festivals at this time of year.

*sigh*

Thanks sweetheart, I've worked in the media industry for nearly 20 years so understand more than most - I was just taking the p1ss.

*sigh*

Well that's optimistic of you ;)

Don't most clients just say "Hi mate, need a huge favour, can you do this animation thing for us please? Oh and we need it by this Friday, and the budget is tight as you know already, okay, thank you, speak Thursday to approve it"

Well that's optimistic of you ;)

Don't most clients just say "Hi mate, need a huge favour, can you do this animation thing for us please? Oh and we need it by this Friday, and the budget is tight as you know already, okay, thank you, speak Thursday to approve it"

Haha you know as well as I do that's often the way ;)

But saints are actually a pretty good client, I know the cd on the account and because it's all so predictable they're very easy to work with. Most of this stuff has been months in planning, I'll give you the low down when we get that beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To remove all doubt, accidental upload by UA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2476[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=2476&d=1497636034

Manolo looks a bit like a young Ivan Golac here, especially in that shirt (which I like a lot).

Aaaah memories... THAT goal....! :smug:

Not sure about the stripey away kit - it's ok, just not floating my boat just yet.