Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

Much more important that the manager goes booting reed won't improve performances on the pitch which is the only thing that counts right now!

You say that, but how much control has Reed got?

He talks about being in charge of EVERYTHING

Is it just a coincidence that Puel has started to change 4-6 players for each game? In his 20 years in France he has no history of this.

Even his style of play is dramatically different than his time in France.

Is it impossible that Reed is influencing things?

He seems keen to remind everyone that Mopo / Koeman and Puel are coaches... Not managers just coaches

Les Reed quote

I’m basically responsible for everything to do with football at the club. That goes from the academy right down to the U-7s and U-8s, right through to the first team

Dave Watson seems to be getting off lightly.

Forster has got worse at shot stopping, claiming crosses every single season since he has been with us.

His record is due to what was in front of him with the exceptional game every season.

Yes thats my sort off opinion of Forster as well.For such a big presence he seems above all not able to command his area.Agree the defence that has been in front for a couple of good seasons seem to mask his inability to save shots that are low .

Dave Watson seems to be getting off lightly.

Forster has got worse at shot stopping, claiming crosses every single season since he has been with us.

His record is due to what was in front of him with the exceptional game every season.

He is, I agree but Forster came with those frailties to begin with - you just didn't see them as he was so well protected.

Reed and the hierarchy believing their own hype could cost us massively. They got away with it for 2 seasons because Ronald Koeman is a bloody good manager but the gamble of selling the core every summer was always going to fail eventually. New direction needed.

Not sure how he was ever qualified to get that job in the first place.... failed as a manager And majorly failing as director of football. Problem is the Ralph and Kat are obviously pretty clueless and being led by reed who in the last year has failed again and Again. Root of the clubs issue is Reed.

Been great for the club as he has given us premiership stability.

It's now stalemate as he can't take us forward any further.

His model of selling our best players and bringing in average players is starting to show.

Ran out of steam at Charlton, same thing happening?

i do not know if Reed should go or not, same with Puel.

My concern is that the Club is believing its own publicity and that they can do no wrong. I appreciate that they could not predict VVD getting injured but they knew Fonte was going and appear to have done nothing to find a replacement, any regular attendee at games could have told them that Yoshida is an accident waiting to happen who will have more bad days than good ones.

My beef with Puel is the complete inflexibility as to regards systems, thats why he can make so many changes because its the same system whoever plays and it basically is predictable and needs opponents to be crap to work

A lot of our supporters have only know the good last 7 years but i fear for the rest of the season the players look to lack a leader on the pitch and confidence is ebbing away

Problem is arrogance. Like we are better and more intelligent then the rest. It's embarrassing.

The basic premise of the club is we can buy cheaper players to replace our better players. The arrogance that we can buy better than any other club is sheer arrogance. Les answers only to Kat. His failure to sign a central defender while he let Jose leave and knew VVD had a serious injury is something that should put his position in doubt but as Kat wants out there is no other option .

Les will drive the car till it crashes and will be replaced when new owners realise he is a ****

Had his eye on what he can sell rather than what can make us better. I think he has done a poor job this season and the whole Fonte thing was the last straw for me. The sad thing is he really does believe we have the best midfield in the league. Add to that a chairman who does **** all.

Seems the club hierarchy believed all the good press by blowing smoke up our arses for the last few seasons now it come back to bite us on them, we are sleep walking to relegation this season and we have planned poorly all season, Reed MUST shoulder the blame for surely?

His decision making particularly in hiring a manager who play negative football and who seems totally uninspiring to the players , chops and changes the team selection from one week to the next.

This would be unforgivable in itself but no to make matters even worse his inability to get in a CB to cover not only Fonte's departure but knowing that Virgil was going to be out injured for 3 months too and have our 3rd choice CB (at the start of the season) and an academy player who had yet to make his full debut in the Premier league as our 1st choice pairing for the rest of the season is also the final nail in our coffin this season, think we will get hammered in the Cup final tool playing them to compound a fully miserable season for us and who do we have to thank for this take a bow LES REED, think alot of fans out there are sick of this and will vote with there feet next season after so much promise the last 3-4 seasons has evaporated

Reed is 65 this year. His decision making in the last year has been disastrous for the club. Time for him to go. We need our head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell back and someone who is 100% honest and trustworthy, who doesn't have personality clashes and power struggles with all of our top players and managers, possibly Le Tissier?

I'd have sacked him as soon as he failed to sign a replacement centre back ! How many times has he blatantly lied to us fans ?

Not lies, just changes of philosophy.

Getting rid now won't help except in the longer term. But what he should do now is relieve CP of his duties. If we do avoid the drop this season then the sooner the entire Board is replaced the better. Need to have more than one football person on the Board.

Getting rid now won't help except in the longer term. But what he should do now is relieve CP of his duties. If we do avoid the drop this season then the sooner the entire Board is replaced the better. Need to have more than one football person on the Board.

I propose two football people and at least one t'riffic lad.

He should do the right thing and come out and hold his hands up for the shambles this season. I know we are in a cup final but that's papering over the cracks massively. Appointed a very average manager. No striker signed in the summer. Mane not adequately replaced. No centre back signed in January. Regularly misleading the fans. Have you noticed how if a player or manager leaves the club it is always "their own doing" and that the club is completely blameless. As for this #wemarchon and black box guff. Don't get me started on that.

I'm sure someone has already cited all the times he's told us something would or wouldn't happen and the opposite has !?

But who will sack him? Nobody else seems to have a clue, why would kat worry if we're relegated she's off with her huge bank balance, does Reed care, I don't think so, he's not any red/white in him, he's a failed manager turned crap pr man who got a lucky break at saints where he's made himself very rich, the guy is a total ***** who is to blind to see what is happening, but does he care does he fu**

I certainly blame him rather than Puel. We all knew that a striker was needed in the summer, and of course a CB this window. But also a couple of seasons ago when we had a real shot at top 4 he blew it by not bringing in a decent back up goalie. Forster duly got injured after the window closed, and we were left with Laurel and Hardy as goalkeepers for most of the rest of the season, with a top 4 finish obviously going down in flames.

All this Reed out and Puel out is not the answer! The black box is not the answer either. The only Black that should go is Eric. The man is a total cluster...k wherever he's been. Bad luck and bad auras follow him around like the "seagulls after the trawler" (Cantona). Coincidence? I don't think so.

The question I'd ask is, is he doing what the owners want him to do? If he is, they won't fire him. He's utilised youngsters more than RK, presumably so they can be sold fairly soon as is our style. We don't know what the owners want, how much influence Reed is having in Puel's selection, management and tactics, or in all honesty, anything that goes on behind the scenes. The club feeds us what it wants us to know and anything else is pure speculation.