WBA v Saints - 5th Round FA Cup Thread

Edmonton Saint

Easy!

Same as I want for every single cup draw Southampton are in...

To be drawn against the worst team left in the competition and to play them at St Mary's for the best possible chance of progression!

You must be a right laugh at parties.

5th Round FA Cup - going to be Man U

hoping for some fixing like the good old Carabao cup- quarter finals had none of the top 4 teams left playing each other with the draw not made on air :rolleyes:

I want Birmingham or Coventry away because I have never been to either stadiums and in reality we should beat both teams on paper.

failing that, then yes Hull at home be nice to see Adkins at SMS in the dug out.

Ball numbers for tomorrow, televised on the one show around 7.20

Fifth round draw numbers:

1 West Brom

2 Leicester

3 Huddersfield or Birmingham

4 Notts County or Swansea

5 Manchester United

6 Sheffield Wednesday

7 Manchester City

8 Coventry

9 Millwall or Rochdale

10 Southampton

11 Brighton

12 Wigan

13 Hull City

14 Newport or Tottenham

15 Chelsea

16 Sheffield United

hoping for some fixing like the good old Carabao cup- quarter finals had none of the top 4 teams left playing each other with the draw not made on air :rolleyes:

I want Birmingham or Coventry away because I have never been to either stadiums and in reality we should beat both teams on paper.

failing that, then yes Hull at home be nice to see Adkins at SMS in the dug out.

Don't fancy Coventry purely because of the state of the pitch, could be a bit of a leveller for the likes of Boufal, Tadic and a few others.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Coventry

Makes sense, home game we should win against a league two side , cheap tickets again and they’d bring down 5000 to make a good atmosphere of it as well, took nearly 8000 to MK Dons yesterday. I’d like to avoid playing any of Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd or Man City .

Brighton at home

Hopefully the remaining big sides draw each other. It would be good to get rid of as many of them as possible, on our path to FA Cup glory.

Thinking about it now though- imagine if Pellegrino masters us to an FA Cup win- I mean I guess he did take Alaves to the final last season in the Spanish equivalent.

Thinking about it now though- imagine if Pellegrino masters us to an FA Cup win- I mean I guess he did take Alaves to the final last season in the Spanish equivalent.

As long as keep on naming full strength teams and avoid the big boys (although they seem to be the ones more likely to name weakened teams so maybe it'd be best to face them...) then we're in with a chance.

It'll probably be Man City who win it anyway.

Coventry or Birmingham away - as they are both easy games for me to get to. Other than that anyone other than City, Chelsea, Utd or Spurs at home. Preferably with all four of those sides drawn against each other.

A good cup run in the FA Cup is more often than not down to the draw as you go through the rounds. When we reached the 2003 final we played Spurs, Millwall, Norwich, Wolves and Watford. Millwall ended up in a replay but all were Home draws.

What I want: home to Hull, Coventry or Millwall/Rochdale (possibly Brum City)

What I REALLY want to avoid: away (or home to that matter) to either Manchester team, Chelsea or Spurs (if we have to get one of them I would prefer the latter)

What I expect (barring away to one of the above): given our next couple of matches - Brighton or WBA

Thinking about it (but not wanting it) a home tie against Leicester could be interesting........

Ball numbers for tomorrow, televised on the one show around 7.20

Fifth round draw numbers:

1 West Brom

2 Leicester

3 Huddersfield or Birmingham

4 Notts County or Swansea

5 Manchester United

6 Sheffield Wednesday

7 Manchester City

8 Coventry

9 Millwall or Rochdale

10 Southampton

11 Brighton

12 Wigan

13 Hull City

14 Newport or Tottenham

15 Chelsea

16 Sheffield United

That's the best we've looked in a table for a while...

I want one of Coventry away, Millwall or Rochdale away, Wigan away or if Newport get through then them away.

I think we'll get Leicester at home.

Agree with all of this, although I think Wigan would turn us over at their place and it won't beat the last time we played there. Failing that, I'd take Hull at home (looking at it from a chance to progress point of view) as they really are terrible.

As you've said, I think we'll get Leicester and will probably lose.

From a purely personal point of view, I would like any of the following away as then I'll be able to get to the match:

West Brom, Leicester, Birmingham (if they get through), Notts County (if they get through, this would be perfect as I can walk to the ground), Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry or Sheffield United

In fact, out of the 6 or 7 matches I've seen us play the above sides in recent years, I'm yet to see us get a win. A couple of draws but no wins. That's depressing! Here's hoping we get a win at West Brom on Saturday. At least I've got the promise of a Balti in Birmingham City Centre after the match to look forward to regardless of the result.

Agree with all of this, although I think Wigan would turn us over at their place and it won't beat the last time we played there. Failing that, I'd take Hull at home (looking at it from a chance to progress point of view) as they really are terrible.

As you've said, I think we'll get Leicester and will probably lose.

I'm not sure we could take the shame of losing to a side managed by Paul Cook

Ideally we'd get Liverpool or Burnley, so that Pellegrino could use one of the games to assess what tactics are needed for the second match a week later. But they're both out, so looks like the Pelican will have to make do with WBA who we play 2 weeks before.

Moving the draw to a Monday night is just ridiculous. Why couldn't it be done after the game on TV yesterday? Or are they so insistent on us listening to the tiresome voice of Alex Jones?
It traditionally always used to be on a Monday evening, back in the 'good old days', didn't it? Or are my aging memory cells playing tricks on me?