WBA v Saints - 5th Round FA Cup Thread

Edmonton Saint

What I want: home to Hull, Coventry or Millwall/Rochdale (possibly Brum City)

What I REALLY want to avoid: away (or home to that matter) to either Manchester team, Chelsea or Spurs (if we have to get one of them I would prefer the latter)

What I expect (barring away to one of the above): given our next couple of matches - Brighton or WBA

Thinking about it (but not wanting it) a home tie against Leicester could be interesting........

I called it.....

It traditionally always used to be on a Monday evening, back in the 'good old days', didn't it? Or are my aging memory cells playing tricks on me?

I thought it was done on a Monday lunchtime?

Not an easy draw, WBA looked good against Pool and look to have their tails up.

Ideally we'd get Liverpool or Burnley, so that Pellegrino could use one of the games to assess what tactics are needed for the second match a week later. But they're both out, so looks like the Pelican will have to make do with WBA who we play 2 weeks before.

Well there you go...

Could be a lot worse, must back our chances of getting at least a replay. Am there this Saturday, but will be out of the country for the cup weekend. What is overseas coverage typically like of FA cup matches? I know all Premier League games are live but unsure about the cups

Probably similar feelings from both sets of fans. Winnable...but not the best.

Longer than the one second frame between the draw being made and the cut to them standing there facing each other ready to shake hands.

Slight delay in the broadcast perhaps?

Am I the only person finding it suspicious that the fans of the drawn clubs were ready to shake hands (cringeworthy) the second the draw was made?
Probably nothing more sinister than broadcasting the draw on a slight delay for 'production reasons' or such like, and the OB being live. Probably...

Probably nothing more sinister than broadcasting the draw on a slight delay for 'production reasons' or such like, and the OB being live. Probably...

A delay of pretty much a whole tie, in my favour, between 5L digital radio in my kitchen (me) and satellite TV in the lounge (Mrs Sandwich). Whoever said technology will be the death of the nuclear family needs to tune into RT 'now' if they want to see Robbie and Ruud releasing their big balls in (fake) real time.

I did notice the big clubs all missed each other.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not just avoided each other but also got comfortable draws , tv companies have paid a lot of money to ensure there are at least Man Utd , Spurs, Chelsea and Man City in the last 8.

Millwall v Spurs could be a good one, otherwise a very dull draw really.

Apparently last time Brighton got to the cup final they also went down?

Last 8 will be:

Man Utd

Man City

Spurs

Chelsea

Brighton

Leicester

Sheffield Wednesday

WBA

In my opinion