Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 550

Thread: Director of Football Operations Replacement Thread

  1. #151

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,471

    Default

    Wonder if the new guy was at the ground today? (If he even exists).

    Was anyone on earlobe-watch?

  2. #152

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    As per the Wallace article post Leicester:

    "A new senior recruitment figure who will occupy a similar position to the departed director of football operations, Ross Wilson, will also arrive before the next international break.

    The new director of football has been identified and will be expected to work with the scouting network in finding a profile of quick, high-energy players that suit the Hasenhuttl style. The partnership with Hasenhuttlis expected to be along the lines of that between Graham Potter and his technical director at Brighton and Hove Albion, Dan Ashworth, formerly of the Football Association

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...e-players/amp/

    The next Intl break begins after the Everton game....
    No update on this? The international break is upon us

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsaint View Post
    No update on this? The international break is upon us
    #AnnounceNellyGao

  4. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsaint View Post
    No update on this? The international break is upon us
    Of course there isn't. The club and its leaked messages are full of sh*t.

  5. Default

    Steve Walsh

  6. #156

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the frontline in Locks Heath
    Posts
    6,803

    Default

    Did anyone really think the club have a cohesive and competent master plan? And one that involved keeping to the DoF story spun to supporters?

    They must think we’re mugs. I think many of us were when we believed the Board might actually rescue the situation three years ago, but time has run out...goodwill has been worn thin...nothing short of a miracle will rectify the current demise. And the sad thing is we’re not even at rock bottom yet, but if the players heads are anything to go on it’s just around the corner. I’m probably not alone when I say I’m almost at a point where I just don’t care anymore.

  7. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Fan CaM View Post
    Did anyone really think the club have a cohesive and competent master plan? And one that involved keeping to the DoF story spun to supporters?

    They must think we’re mugs. I think many of us were when we believed the Board might actually rescue the situation three years ago, but time has run out...goodwill has been worn thin...nothing short of a miracle will rectify the current demise. And the sad thing is we’re not even at rock bottom yet, but if the players heads are anything to go on it’s just around the corner. I’m probably not alone when I say I’m almost at a point where I just don’t care anymore.
    I care and we are not going down.

  8. #158

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    get Rafa...

  9. #159

    Default

    I wish

  10. #160

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brockenhurst and EC4Y
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    #AnnounceNellyGao
    Dream team with Micky Fialka.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonaggro View Post
    Dream team with Micky Fialka.
    Barry the Briefcase as player-trading expert.

  12. Default

    Have they managed to Chinese water torture Steve Walsh into joining yet?.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Billy View Post
    Have they managed to Chinese water torture Steve Walsh into joining yet?.
    He’s apparently been scouting for us.

    “We need about 4 top players but with nothing to spend”

  14. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsaint View Post
    No update on this? The international break is upon us
    This imminent appointment has another whiff of bull**** about it....

    Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Tapatalk

  15. #165

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,277

    Default

    Our resident ITK poster says the person will be revealed just before the first game after the international break. So next week.

  16. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Mockles View Post
    I think Gao is getting social Engineering lessons from Vladislav Surkov.
    Definitely up there in the 'references I didn't expect to see on Saintsweb' stakes. Kudos.

  17. #167

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Our resident ITK poster says the person will be revealed just before the first game after the international break. So next week.
    Wonder if it is someone from the MLS? Doesn't their season end soon?

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Our resident ITK poster says the person will be revealed just before the first game after the international break. So next week.
    Who posted that?

  19. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Who posted that?
    Manji

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Manji
    Ta, Dusic. Missed that.

  21. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ta, Dusic. Missed that.
    No worries. Buried in the Everton post math thread which was probably best left alone.

    Lets hope it is true anyway, Club in dire need of some good leaders at all levels.

    Will be interesting to see if its someone with knowledge of British football or not.

  22. #172

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    10,280

    Default

    Or just knowledge


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #173

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the frontline in Locks Heath
    Posts
    6,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Steve Walsh
    Is there any foundation in this? Not seen any credible links. Could work well.

  24. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Fan CaM View Post
    Is there any foundation in this? Not seen any credible links. Could work well.
    Didn't he overspend on failures at Everton and get the sack? Could fit well

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Fan CaM View Post
    Is there any foundation in this? Not seen any credible links. Could work well.
    Apparently he has been scouting for us

  26. #176

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Searching for the voice of reason
    Posts
    3,876
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Didn't he overspend on failures at Everton and get the sack? Could fit well
    Part of the get players in quick strategy, many clubs who suddenly have money to spend so this. He did well at Leicester.

  27. #177

    Default

    Genuinely, does anybody know anything about this? The silence is rather deafening...

  28. #178

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,277

    Default

    Back in the 90s on the steam driven version of TSW ( the Saintslist) I remember a protracted argument about DOFs. They just started to become a thing and the general feeling was that the football manager should be totally in charge of player recruitment and that DOF’s were surplus to requirement. How times have changed!

  29. #179

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLondon View Post
    Genuinely, does anybody know anything about this? The silence is rather deafening...
    From Manji, post 526 of RH thread:

    He will be announced just before first game after international break , should have ****ed off our old boy hanger on coaches by then as well.
    Ralph approves of the DOF too.

  30. #180

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    From Manji, post 526 of RH thread:

    He will be announced just before first game after international break , should have ****ed off our old boy hanger on coaches by then as well.
    Ralph approves of the DOF too.
    Can we deduce from that that he is someone currently involved at international level whose current contract expires at the end of Euro qualifying rounds?

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    From Manji, post 526 of RH thread:

    He will be announced just before first game after international break , should have ****ed off our old boy hanger on coaches by then as well.
    Ralph approves of the DOF too.
    Hope he is right and this the start of a complete overhaul of the coaching/back room staff, considering the decline in players, poorness of the youth teams/youth coming through and the general failure of scouting over the last 3/4 years, can anyone in there really hold their head up high?

    We haven't had many long term injuries/regular injuries to my recollection so maybe the physios and sport science teams can, the rest of them though, scouts, first team coaches, analysts, youth coaches/managers, etc. not so much.

  32. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurzel View Post
    Can we deduce from that that he is someone currently involved at international level whose current contract expires at the end of Euro qualifying rounds?
    Maybe its Lippi...would has just quit the China job

  33. #183

    Default

    Paul Tisdale? Was practically manager and DoF at Exeter. Spotted young talent and sold them for profits- worked with no money. Rang England to tell them to look at Ampadu but they said he wasn’t in their thinking. Now playing for Wales. Out of work...

  34. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Fan CaM View Post
    Is there any foundation in this? Not seen any credible links. Could work well.
    Knowing this club what are the changes we get the wrong Steve Walsh? (only found out from Google today the ex-Leicester scout Steve Walsh is not the ex-Leicester player Steve Walsh)

  35. #185

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints-til-i-die View Post
    Paul Tisdale? Was practically manager and DoF at Exeter. Spotted young talent and sold them for profits- worked with no money. Rang England to tell them to look at Ampadu but they said he wasn’t in their thinking. Now playing for Wales. Out of work...
    Out of work fits our profile for making appointments perfectly.

  36. #186

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Padded cell with WiFi
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    How about Neil Warnock

  37. #187

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
    How about Neil Warnock
    Just left Cardiff, coincidence?

  38. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
    How about Neil Warnock
    Please spare us

  39. #189

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broadwindsor, Dorset
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Out of work fits our profile for making appointments perfectly.
    Ex Saint though.

  40. Default

    I thought it was going to be in place by this current international break, or did I imagine that quote?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  41. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    I thought it was going to be in place by this current international break, or did I imagine that quote?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I think it was during the International Break before our next game....This coming week?

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  42. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miserableoldgit View Post
    I think it was during the International Break before our next game....This coming week?

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    what's the old song : "...tomorrow, tomorrow ... "

  43. #193

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burrington, North Devon
    Posts
    34

    Default

    So - maybe Marcello Lippi (once named the best manager in the World) or Paul Tisdale (Team Bath and Exeter City - once the longest serving league manager)
    You just know which way we will go!
    I would have thought it would be better (if available) he was in position at least a week before our next game to settle in etc (i know he wouldnt affect the day to day preparations) - it would help the club (The squad?) and perhaps confidence to have someone to be in position now.
    I think someone on here has stated that he has Ralphs approval which i would guess means we arent going to the "Tisdale" end of appointments?

  44. #194

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Please spare us
    Why? I’d have him, great bloke

  45. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toussaint View Post
    Why? I’d have him, great bloke
    There's a collection of managers who have been round and round the circuit, getting sacked time and again. In what other walk of life would you interview a man aged 70 with a list of sackings? We don't want any of those well worn old timers

  46. #196

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Studio View Post
    So - maybe Marcello Lippi (once named the best manager in the World) or Paul Tisdale (Team Bath and Exeter City - once the longest serving league manager)
    You just know which way we will go!
    I would have thought it would be better (if available) he was in position at least a week before our next game to settle in etc (i know he wouldnt affect the day to day preparations) - it would help the club (The squad?) and perhaps confidence to have someone to be in position now.
    I think someone on here has stated that he has Ralphs approval which i would guess means we arent going to the "Tisdale" end of appointments?
    Hi Paul, sorry you didn’t get it. Best of luck though!

  47. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rooney View Post
    Ex Saint though.
    Along the right lines...

  48. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommi View Post
    Along the right lines...
    Beattie? Pahars?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  49. #199

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    10,280

    Default

    Strachan? Niemi? (Might as well get another keeper in...)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  50. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Strachan? Niemi? (Might as well get another keeper in...)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it is Strachan I wouldnt be surprised.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •