Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Leicester 1-2 Southampton - Reaction

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    It was bloody quick though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never seen a top billed game on MOTD have less discussion after than that one. Must have been 2 minutes at most. Usually they go on for 7 or 8 minutes with in depth analysis.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    I put £20 on Ward Prowse anytime scorer and Saints win 2-1

Oh well, still happy!!!
    I had ings anytime and saints 2-1 but only 3 quid , still made me nearly 80 bar though !

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Never seen a top billed game on MOTD have less discussion after than that one. Must have been 2 minutes at most. Usually they go on for 7 or 8 minutes with in depth analysis.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    And nothing more than a passing look at the supposed VAR offside for Long, which looked dubious to me. All their three were clear as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Up all night to see in the birth of my first child and the mighty red and white bag 3pts. What a day.
    Congratulations!!

Just got back home (live in Nottingham, bit of a pub crawl)
    Get in Saints. I thought we played well, Var as per usual talk of town, esp with Leicester fans back to train station. (sod them)

Up all night to see in the birth of my first child and the mighty red and white bag 3pts. What a day.
    Wonderful. Congratulations to you and your family. Exciting times ahead for you.

If my wife knew I had been posting on Saintsweb within a couple of hours of our daughter being born it would have been an instant divorce!

Enjoy fatherhood while you can.

In 2015/16 when we last qualified for Europe we had 28 points from 22 games. Tonight we have 28 from 22 games.

We ended the season on 63 points. That was a very good last 16 matches. Could we do the same this year? Is it possible to dream ?

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Said at the time that I thought the 0-9 signaled our rock bottom.
    You have to go some to get any worse than that so hardly the worlds best prediction.

10. Default

Said at the time we’d win 2-1 away (Ings/Armstrong), penalty incorrectly ruled out...

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Many congratulations to you both. The old cliche that they grow up so quickly is true. Savour every moment!

What a result. What an amazing turn around. Everyone at the club deserves credit, especially Gao and the board for not sacking Ralph when many other clubs would have done. There is still a long way to go but we are now where I think most of us thought we would be last summer so job’s a good ‘un. Wow.

Also wanted to add a special shout out to Armstrong. What a difference he has made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    In 2015/16 when we last qualified for Europe we had 28 points from 22 games. Tonight we have 28 from 22 games.

We ended the season on 63 points. That was a very good last 16 matches. Could we do the same this year? Is it possible to dream ?
    35 points from 16 matches... wow!

Not sure we'll be able to match that but the FA Cup always allows room for dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Brendan Rodgers saying similar in his post match interview. Said they would have been fortunate to have come away with a point.
    I love a gracious opposition and a good sport. Magnanimous in defeat. I hope our fans can follow that good example.

Partial redemption for the 0-9. We are starting to look a proper team now. Took far too long for Ralph to realise Armstrong was the key. Far too stifled in midfield before.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Walking back to the car Leicester fans were very generous with praise of Saints.

We really do now need to start looking up not down in the table given form and the fact that the three teams we have now played for the second time this season are Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester. Others will get fewer points than we have against those three. Realistically it will be tough to catch Leicester and the traditional top six, although not impossible in the case of Spurs and Arsenal, but I definitely think that Wolves, Sheff Utd, Palace and Everton are teams we could finish above and we have all four to play yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Said at the time we’d win 2-1 away (Ings/Armstrong), penalty incorrectly ruled out...
    I remember this and we all laughed at you, who the **** is laughing now.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fan The Flames View Post
    I remember this and we all laughed at you, who the **** is laughing now.
    Yeah just ignore that text at the bottom that says “last edited on 01/01/2020 @5:11pm”. Just some sort of code bug or something. Doesn’t mean anything...
    Last edited by OttawaSaint; 12-01-2020 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsbridge Saint View Post
    Partial redemption for the 0-9. We are starting to look a proper team now. Took far too long for Ralph to realise Armstrong was the key. Far too stifled in midfield before.
    To be honest many here felt the same about Armstrong.

One last comment. Why do they persist in booking players for taking their shirts off after scoring a goal? It doesn’t bother anybody and it hadn’t stopped people from doing it. Totally pointless and joyless. Just stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle04 View Post
    Garth Crooks is a professional moron, always has been....
    But, but, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Strangely Brown View Post
    I wouldn’t worry they haven’t learned how to walk upright down there yet so riding a bike will be beyond them!!

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post

One last comment. Why do they persist in booking players for taking their shirts off after scoring a goal? It doesn’t bother anybody and it hadn’t stopped people from doing it. Totally pointless and joyless. Just stop it.
    Yes, he was the missing piece of the jigsaw. Fantastic player in attack and he has even managed to add defending to his game. Fitness allowing, he should be one of the first names on the team-sheet.

FIFA ruling, innit. Maybe they want to make sure that the sponsors get seen during the goal celebrations.

Mind you, I think that taking your shirt off is pointless but I am rather old.

24. Default

What a fu**ing great away day. Still on the p!ss. Up the saints!

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Fair play to Reinhard. He said our tactics would get us a result!
    I am really happy with the result and the performance i saw! And no injuries obviously on our part.

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
    I am really happy with the result and the performance i saw! And no injuries obviously on our part.
    Hi Ralph....I mean Reinhard...

Outstanding result and more than many would hope dream for.

28. Default

Good for Ralph and the boys. Making the forum experts look like total morons!

Looks like the coach and players know more about the game than they do. Funny that...

Diego Forlan, against us for Man United, got a late goal, took his wet shirt off and swung it around his head, and then couldn't get the twisted thing back on as the game restarted. He played out the last few minutes topless, farcicaly carrying his shirt in one hand. It was a bit of a spectacle.

I don't know if that played any part in the lawmakers clamping down on the practice, but the rules were definitely changed soon after.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen a VAR breakdown of Leicester's goal? In real time I was sure Vardy was well offside in the build up but it was totally glossed over in the broadcast: no replays, no lines drawn on the screen.

I know all goals are allegedly checked by VAR as a matter of course, but it seemed weird that there was no mention of it and then the game just restarted.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Has anyone seen a VAR breakdown of Leicester's goal? In real time I was sure Vardy was well offside in the build up but it was totally glossed over in the broadcast: no replays, no lines drawn on the screen.

I know all goals are allegedly checked by VAR as a matter of course, but it seemed weird that there was no mention of it and then the game just restarted.

No! Never saw a reply from the proper angle and never saw a check on a moving ball for the free kick. The replay that was shown from further up the pitch made it look very close.

32. Default

So without VAR would Saints have lost 4-3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by East Kent Saint View Post
    Well no, because if the penalty decision hadn't been overruled then everything that happened afterwards would have been different. Butterfly effect innit.

Quote Originally Posted by sfc4prem View Post
    35 points from 16 matches... wow!

Not sure we'll be able to match that but the FA Cup always allows room for dreams!
    We don’t need to match that, we’re only 3 points off 7th now and we play Wolves in a 6 pointer next week followed by another 6 pointer with Palace, if a top 5 side wins the fa cup then 7th will get Europa, definitely possible to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveloyMush View Post
    Yes, he was the missing piece of the jigsaw. Fantastic player in attack and he has even managed to add defending to his game. Fitness allowing, he should be one of the first names on the team-sheet.
    Ings aside, Armstrong has been the player of the season so far

No, because at least two of Leicester’s disallowed goals were flagged offside by the linesman..

It would be amazing to qualify for Europe but would also totally screw us next season.

Currently 2nd behind Liverpool in the form table!

Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    well, that is not true is it in reality

No, 2 of Leicester’s goals were flagged by the assistant and then checked by VAR. Without VAR, those two goals would still have been disallowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not true

42. Default

Steady on. His speed and direct running are assets but he does drift in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    We don’t need to match that, we’re only 3 points off 7th now and we play Wolves in a 6 pointer next week followed by another 6 pointer with Palace, if a top 5 side wins the fa cup then 7th will get Europa, definitely possible to get that.
    Might be easier to just go and win the FA Cup.

While I'm happy to accept it if Long is ruled offside by three centimetres in the current climate, the only image I saw showed the ball about two foot long having already left the foot.
    There also seemed to be differences in the way the two players were measured, Long from the shoulder, their guy from the armpit.
    It would be good to see some clear images, shot at a frame rate for the job.

Default Leicester 1-2 Southampton - Reaction

90% of the MOTD coverage was of Ings looking spectacular. He was on one yesterday, no mistake.

No, because VAR distorts the way the the officials control the game. The assistants on the line have been instructed to be more cautious over flagging for offside and a referee is going to leave marginal calls to the remote official.

It would be amazing to qualify for Europe but would also totally screw us next season.

I'm happy to get screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    FIFA ruling, innit. Maybe they want to make sure that the sponsors get seen during the goal celebrations.

Mind you, I think that taking your shirt off is pointless but I am rather old.
    Yeah, me too. Is it to show your tattoos or muscles? Mind you, at my age I've still got a nice warm compression top underneath and sports bra under that.. Don't think out sponsor would be too worried but then she's my very good friend. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    Yeah, me too. Is it to show your tattoos or muscles? Mind you, at my age I've still got a nice warm compression top underneath and sports bra under that.. Don't think out sponsor would be too worried but then she's my very good friend. ;-)
    Do you play?

Really screwing Wolves this season....