The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Hasenhüttl in his press conference before this weekend's game...

Whether Forster is in his plans...

No, not really. I made the choice to have two strong keepers with Angus Gunn and Alex McCarthy. I think they did it well, both of them. So it will always be like it is, if you have a good experience with one goalkeeper then you don’t look for another one. It can be that Fraser can take a game in the under-23s. It’s possible to do so in the future because he needs games to get back in the position where he is an option for other clubs maybe and that’s what we try to force in the future.

Whether Fraser might therefore leave the club as he trims the squad…

Yes, that’s right.

Gabbiadini going to Sampdoria today and why didn’t it work out here…

It’s difficult to say. If you are a new manager and you come to a new club, you get the first experience and first impressions about a player and for me it seems that he is a good player with fantastic technique, but with this intensive pressing system we try to play, I think to be honest it’s not his way of playing. So it’s better to find a solution that is better for both sides. We can’t show him what he wants to see from us and he can’t bring us what we want to see from him. So it’s better to find a different solution and I think it’s a good step for him to go back to Italy and I wish him all the best. I know that he is a fantastic player and I am sure that he can score in every club in the world, his goals, but we try to go a different way and I think for that we need different players.

Whether signing a forward is his priority now...

That’s right. That’s what we are forcing and what we are looking for. To bring someone in, in this transfer period is not so easy. Because we must find a guy who is also not for the short-term to make us better, but also for the long-term. I only want to take a transfer which is also with a future, that it is helping us for the longer term and that’s what I want to see.

If the upcoming games means we should move faster in the market...

Sure, it’s better to make it as soon as possible. But it’s not so easy in the winter transfer period. We have very important games now, that we are facing and we have a good squad. We have a little bit of a problem with injuries in the front, that’s right. But we don’t want to be hurried. We’ll take time, think about it and if we are 100 per cent sure that this guy makes us better, we will take it. But not earlier.

Really surprised how open and honest this guy is. A refreshing change.

Thanks for the write up.

Weird move. I mean if they haven't watched him closely perhaps?

Objectively who are worse no1 keepers in the premier league? Lossl and Etheridge are a bit limited, Hart is erratic, but other than that I don't see anyone as poor as McCarthy and that's taking into account he's had some good games and made some decent saves. He's not a calamity, nothing like that. He's just a very average keeper. With Gunn you feel we might have someone who can be a lot better than that.

He may well go as a number two at a big club though, presumably

Assuming we can shift him out on loan...

All comes down to his attitude and his motivation. Seems clear he has been told he has no future at Saints, and will be lucky to make the bench at best.

If he wants to be playing regularly, and someone wants to take him on loan, then I expect it will be fairly easy to do a deal of some kind.

Strange one about Macca, maybe a change in heart...but then again what a manager says and what a club does......I’ll see what the cabbage phone says later....luckily I didn’t believe this anyway, didn’t make much sense. But guess what, when I was told the info I didn’t shout down my source, I said thanks, believed what I wanted and carried on. Try it...

God knows who will want Hoedt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cabbage_Face

And his ITK badge is ruthlessly wripped off of him at hassenhutls latest press conference. So it lasted all of 1/2 day. You couldnt make it up. Glasgow, Glasgow give us a wave :)

What badges? I’m not after any praise, I’m was passing on info and it’s down to the individual to believe it. My source has a 50% record, I don’t be Little them when they message me, I just believe what I want.

So far the source has right

Davis

Gabbi

Predictions left

Hoedt

Macca

Cedric

Believe what you want, that’s the info.

I have a list of ins, but cba.

What badges? I’m not after any praise, I’m was passing on info and it’s down to the individual to believe it. My source has a 50% record, I don’t be Little them when they message me, I just believe what I want.

So far the source has right

Davis

Gabbi

Predictions left

Hoedt

Macca

Cedric

Believe what you want, that’s the info.

I have a list of ins, but cba.

well I for one would appreciate you listing the Ins!

Ralph wants 'long term' signings.

HASENHUTTL WANTS 'LONG-TERM' SIGNINGS

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl is hopeful of adding players to his squad this month, but only if they are "long-term" prospects.

"We are looking to bring someone in this transfer period, but it is not easy because in winter you must find a guy who not only for a short-time makes us better, but also for long term," he said today.

"I only want to take a transfer for the future, which is also helping us for the longer term, that is what I want to see.

"It is better to make it as soon as possible, but it is not so easy in the winter break."

Don't think it helped us that lookman had a cracking game in the cup at the weekend. Silva sounds like he wants to keep him. Shame as he looks very fast and skilfull.. Poulsen rumour sounds very interesting though to me.. sounds like he would really suit Ralph's pressing game works very hard good in the air and good at linking play

Strange one about Macca, maybe a change in heart...but then again what a manager says and what a club does......I’ll see what the cabbage phone says later....luckily I didn’t believe this anyway, didn’t make much sense. But guess what, when I was told the info I didn’t shout down my source, I said thanks, believed what I wanted and carried on. Try it...

God knows who will want Hoedt.

I hope we have the phone numbers of second division Dutch clubs who want a billy big boots, conniving and demotivating know-it-all with 50p feet and a panic every ten minutes. Then we'd be sorted in shifting Hoedt

And his ITK badge is ruthlessly wripped off of him at hassenhutls latest press conference. So it lasted all of 1/2 day. You couldnt make it up. Glasgow, Glasgow give us a wave :)

Ffs. So hard to keep up with this.

I still think we need to respect him more.. ITK or not

I'm too trusting I guess. Y would anyone pretend to be ITK?

Unfortunately, I think Bayern offering £35m for Hudson-Odoi is going to raise the asking price for young British attackers overlooked by their clubs.

maybe- we could probably ask for £15m to £20m for Obafemi if someone wanted him- but really how much would players like Sims or Reed fetch?

Weird move. I mean if they haven't watched him closely perhaps?

Objectively who are worse no1 keepers in the premier league? Lossl and Etheridge are a bit limited, Hart is erratic, but other than that I don't see anyone as poor as McCarthy and that's taking into account he's had some good games and made some decent saves. He's not a calamity, nothing like that. He's just a very average keeper. With Gunn you feel we might have someone who can be a lot better than that.

Someone who wants a 'decent' number two. Ralph likes him, but Ralph also wants funds. So far we don't have enough from sales to even cover the Ings Signing. If the club thinks he is the asset easiest to sell, and the player wants to go, he will still go. See also: Wanyama, Pelle, Fonte, VVD, Mane, Lovren, Clyne, Shaw, Schneiderlin.

Someone who wants a 'decent' number two. Ralph likes him, but Ralph also wants funds. So far we don't have enough from sales to even cover the Ings Signing. If the club thinks he is the asset easiest to sell, and the player wants to go, he will still go. See also: Wanyama, Pelle, Fonte, VVD, Mane, Lovren, Clyne, Shaw, Schneiderlin.

Amazing. The search is on for a top quality striker who costs about 300k to sign.

This just makes me more and more annoyed that Kat decided to sell us to someone without a pot to p!ss in. So much for taking us to the ‘next level’ FFS.

This just makes me more and more annoyed that Kat decided to sell us to someone without a pot to p!ss in. So much for taking us to the ‘next level’ FFS.

You didn't buy the line that she would only sell to someone who could do that, did you? She was selling to the highest bidder pure and simple. She also ran the club like that when she was owner.

This situation was bound to arise sooner or later, but I thought that we might have had a bit more in the kitty. But given that the owner seems pretty absent most of the time, then I guess it shouldn't really be a surprise.

Edited by angelman

Sims and Reed are better players than at least 3-4 players in our current squad.

I disagree, but these 2 have not suddenly become good enough to improve us just because other players are sh'ite. They have been sent on loan to a lower league because they are lower league players.

Do go on...

Ok.....Sims in my view is a better winger/right sided attacking player than Elynoussi, or Long, who has been played there, or Ward-Prowse who has been played there. I'd rather Sims played as a support striker to Ings than the present versions of Austin and Long, particularly given Ralph's stated preference for a pressing style forward - Austin gives none of that quality and Long can only provide an attacking press and not much else. Reed is a better DM, CM option than Ward-Prowse in that his tackling, mobile pressing style is more effective and his distribution at least the equal of JWP's recycle, safe approach.

Someone we can get in on Loan with a view to a permanent move, rather. But the danger is there that if they shine, the number of clubs interested/Price increases.

Hopefully if they shine we stay up, that outweighs keeping them long term. Beggars can’t be choosers can they?

Surely the TV money next summer would account for the Ings transfer fee, without worrying about sales covering it? That’s assuming we stay up of course.

The Ings fee would not all be due in the summer anyway I would of thought. No different to any other transfer In that you don’t pay all at once.

I can understand trying to offload few but we need a minimum of 2 players that can walk straight in and improve us or Ralph is on a hiding too nothing.