The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Being reported that Gary Cahill likely to sign for Fulham on a free. We should be all over that because he is the type of player who could keep up the likes of Fulham or us, both teams currently very poor defensively.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Being reported that Gary Cahill likely to sign for Fulham on a free. We should be all over that because he is the type of player who could keep up the likes of Fulham or us, both teams currently very poor defensively.

Guessed ages ago he’d go to Fulham. Obvious move for him.

Wages way above our budget. We're not spending £120k+ a week on a 33 year old any time soon.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Wages way above our budget. We're not spending £120k+ a week on a 33 year old any time soon.

I would guess Fulham would only pay a percentage of that, just like when our high earners go out on loan it doesn't cover the wages normally.

Cahill to Fulham is bad news for us. Makes Fulham a hell of a lot stronger. I'd fancy them to have a good run now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its Gary Cahill they're signing, not VVD. Will likely help their defence but hes no spring chicken

Its Gary Cahill they're signing, not VVD. Will likely help their defence but hes no spring chicken
No, but he is a leader on the pitch, which is something that both Fulham and us sadly are totally lacking. He will help the other players around him play better and organise better in defence.

I personally think it's that leadership and strength that our team is most obviously missing so I wouldn't mind if we signed a more senior player at the back, because that would improve us.

Suspect Fulham won't be paying him anything like the full amount Chelsea have been paying him. Deal will be done with Chelsea to compensate him for that.

No, but he is a leader on the pitch, which is something that both Fulham and us sadly are totally lacking. He will help the other players around him play better and organise better in defence.

I personally think it's that leadership and strength that our team is most obviously missing so I wouldn't mind if we signed a more senior player at the back, because that would improve us.

This. Would much rather have him than them have him too. They have goals in them. If they can shore up the defence they will be fine. Eek

Gabbiadini to Sampdoria on loan with 10.75m in the Summer

Think we probably need to sell now tbh. Otherwise we can kiss inbound transfers goodbye? Or it might force us to do similar, making us not hugely strong in getting the CB(s) we need.

Think we probably need to sell now tbh. Otherwise we can kiss inbound transfers goodbye? Or it might force us to do similar, making us not hugely strong in getting the CB(s) we need.

Only if we're suffering cash flow or FFP issues, rather than balance sheet. I would say a guaranteed transfer (and a loan fee) would work.

We'll shortly have more players out on loan than Chelsea.

really? they're at 40 aren't they? A financial journalist really ought to take a look at that club. That David Luiz buy back especially stank

About that mark. 42 I think someone said, but that surely changes every window. Of course I wasn't being serious, just pointing out that we are loaning out too many of our multi-million pound players. Classie, Boufal, Carillo and now maybe Gabs.

Probably don’t need him but Spurs’ Dembele out of contract in summer.

Still v decent but looks like off to China

Yeah, he hasn't got the legs to play week in, week out in the PL anymore. When fully fit, a class above any of our midfielders but he's obviously decided to move on.

About that mark. 42 I think someone said, but that surely changes every window. Of course I wasn't being serious, just pointing out that we are loaning out too many of our multi-million pound players. Classie, Boufal, Carillo and now maybe Gabs.

we are only loaning these experience players because absolutely no one will buy them (teams cant afford their wages or want/need to pay a transfer fee). Chelsea on the other hand are in general loaning younger players out to gain experience, increase their value and put them in the shop window.

Probably don’t need him but Spurs’ Dembele out of contract in summer.

Still v decent but looks like off to China

I've been touting him for years. I seem to remember there was an opportunity for us to sign him at one point (I might be mistaken) three or four years ago when he seemed to fall out of favour. It didn't happen and he worked his way back into favour and hasn't looked back. I think he is exceptional. He got the plaudits last season finally, but he has been top class long before that. Love the strength his possesses with back to goal and under pressure. Shame we cant pay the gazillions he will get in China. £11m is not exactly peanuts when a players has only 6 months on his contract, but £11m is yesterdays £1m I guess. Hope we at least enquired, although I guess we have to lower the wage bill before we can add to it.

really? they're at 40 aren't they? A financial journalist really ought to take a look at that club. That David Luiz buy back especially stank

Remember a few years ago (I think it was when Mourinho was there) they started scouting a player, read into him, made an approach and then it turned out that he was theirs anyway? How true that story is, I don't know but it makes for a good anecdote.

we are only loaning these experience players because absolutely no one will buy them (teams cant afford their wages or want/need to pay a transfer fee). Chelsea on the other hand are in general loaning younger players out to gain experience, increase their value and put them in the shop window.

Indeed, if the business model is working those players have been/are being sold for big profits and we’re all left complaining about the loss of yet another good player. Buy potential and sell for big profit after potential is realised has become buy potential then loan out to anyone who’ll pay something towards his wages after potential is not realised. (Carrillo doesn’t quite fit either scenario due to absence of potential).