The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

have to say the more I read about David Selke the more I like the look of him.

Played for Ralph in Leipzeg - scored 10 goals in 20 games in league 2 - fast and pacy and 6ft 5, he likes to bully defenders and hold up play but also has pace.

Moved to Hertha where they play a different system, doesnt get in the team this season (after scoring 10 in 21 last season) so could be up for a move.

German under 21 international - 9 goals in 11 games.

Played for Ralph in Leipzeg - scored 10 goals in 20 games in league 2 - fast and pacy and 6ft 5, he likes to bully defenders and hold up play but also has pace.

Moved to Hertha where they play a different system, doesnt get in the team this season (after scoring 10 in 21 last season) so could be up for a move.

Is he as good looking as Pelle though?

Good player. Watched him whilst in Berlin last year, thought at the time he’d suit the PL.

Looked like A more athletic/better Carrillo.

Maybe one for the summer when we ship out 3/4 strikers

Good player. Watched him whilst in Berlin last year, thought at the time he’d suit the PL.

If we can ship out 3/4. I would imagine Long and Austin will go this summer but we've got some big earners returning with Carillo and Boufal, neither have impressed on loan so we're probably stuck with them. A lot may depend on how the youngsters and Gallagher fair if they get a run.

If we can ship out 3/4. I would imagine Long and Austin will go this summer but we've got some big earners returning with Carillo and Boufal, neither have impressed on loan so we're probably stuck with them. A lot may depend on how the youngsters and Gallagher fair if they get a run.

Boufal hasn’t impressed on loan? Do you watch La Liga?

stats aren't particularly impressive (not the stats ever tell the whole story)

started 9 (out of 17) six sub appearances 1 assist 2 goals looks like he is playing about the same level as he did with is

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/234363/History/Sofiane-Boufal

I'd absolutely love boufal to be brought back and have a fair crack under a good manager tbh.. lets be honest here he was no worse redmond last year and look how much readers has improved!. Boufal at his best can do things we haven't seen since MLT look at the goals verses Sunderland and wba it's the type of talent you need to be absolutely gifted to pull off and his dribbling can be that way too.. why not see what a super gifted player can do under a great coach ?

Oliver Burke joins Celtic on loan. Now there's a player who looked absolute quality at Forest but has totally lost his way.

SPL looks like it's actually going to be quite entertaining for the 2nd half of the season.

Celtic have signed Oliver Burke on loan from West Brom until the end of this season, subject to a medical.

The 21-year-old winger has made 21 appearances for the Sky Bet Championship side, scoring one goal. He has also been capped five times by Scotland, making his international debut against Denmark in March 2016.

He will join up with Brendan Rodgers' squad this week for their winter training camp in Dubai.

Omar Elabdellaoui gets another mention.

Sdna.GR claim Southampton are interested in signing Olympiacos’ Norwegian right back Omar Elabdellaoui in this transfer window.

Southampton are likely to be in the market to bring in players this month and it seems the Norway international is an option.

It’s reported new Saints manager Ralph Hassenhütl has identified him as a potential signing, but the Premier League club have yet to make an offer to Olmypiacos.

Elabdellaoui played for Hull City under Marco Silva during the 2016/17 season and has been linked with a return to Premier League in past transfer windows.

The Greek website says Hassenhütl has known him since his days playing in the Bundesliga and is looking to sign him to bolster his club’s chances of survival.

The Norwegian right back has been a regular player for the Greek giants this season and has played 21 games in all competitions this campaign, scoring two goals.

The 27-year old is under contract at Greek club until June 2021.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-tracking-former-pl-defender-familiar-face-ralph-hassenhutl/

Abraham to Wolves looks to be happening.

@JPercyTelegraph: #Wolves are poised to sign Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea early next week, pending Fifa approval. Understand the FA & Premier Lge have both given the deal the ok. Abraham has scored 16 goals on loan at #avfc #cfc

Cedric, injury may scupper deal back to Portugal, but sides from Italy and Spain want him.

Just to note that a Cedric return to Portgual is unlikely anyway unless it's back to Sporting. The terms of the transfer when we signed him included a clause that if we sell him to Porto, Braga or Benfica then the fee has to be at least 30m Euros and 50% of the fee must be paid to Sporting.

I'd absolutely love boufal to be brought back and have a fair crack under a good manager tbh.. lets be honest here he was no worse redmond last year and look how much readers has improved!. Boufal at his best can do things we haven't seen since MLT look at the goals verses Sunderland and wba it's the type of talent you need to be absolutely gifted to pull off and his dribbling can be that way too.. why not see what a super gifted player can do under a great coach ?

This

Very clear we need another option out wide as no 1 priority.

Moi looks terrible. Johnson not ready. If anything happens to Redmond we’d be in trouble.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was always a very obvious flaw in our summer business. (Along with buying for 3 at the back, and then switching to 2).

We need someone like him now (actually 2 years ago). If not, by the summer it could be too late and we could be down.

Gabbi looks like he's on his way out, Ings is reportedly injured again (as are the kids, and we can't rely on them anyway), Austin is a part time player, and the less said about Long the better.

Really disappointed in Elyounoussi. Worth loaning out rather than selling I think.

But we desperately need another option. Ideally someone better than Redmond to take the pressure off him and offer real threats on either side of Ings. We're so close to having a really good attack when everyone is fit. Just one decent signing away.

Gotze would be ideal if there's any way we could tempt him.

Behave.

Are there moderators or senior people on this forum with the power to block, suspend or ban users? It's seriously tiresome coming on here and having scroll through so many posts which are obviously just trolling (and reaction to trolling). This post is +1 on the reaction to trolling score... Seriously... I've followed/lurked on SaintsWeb for years and I know what to expect, but it seems particularly bad at the moment.

Are there moderators or senior people on this forum with the power to block, suspend or ban users? It's seriously tiresome coming on here and having scroll through so many posts which are obviously just trolling (and reaction to trolling). This post is +1 on the reaction to trolling score... Seriously... I've followed/lurked on SaintsWeb for years and I know what to expect, but it seems particularly bad at the moment.

You do know you can block users yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really disappointed in Elyounoussi. Worth loaning out rather than selling I think.

I don't see what we'd get from that; He's never going to come back a Premier League player. I can't see his value going up any higher than it currently is, so if we did get a concrete offer I'd sell now.

Are there moderators or senior people on this forum with the power to block, suspend or ban users?

No. The forum has been troll and WUM free for at least 2 years now, so there hasn't been a need to appoint any mods during this period of time.

I'm not ITK but from what I've heard, the owners (Boj and Eddie) aren't able to afford the wages of moderators anymore so all of them have been released. The result is the mad Max dystopia that you see before you.

Clearly from RH Echo interview after the game today we need players out before we can bring any in.

Davis to Rangers seems a formality but hopefully Gabbi can get something sorted.

Could make a few quid selling Gallagher now he is fit I would have thought.

The utter, utter dross we have like Long, Austin and Hoedt will be nigh on impossible to move on (why would any club want them?!)

Should add - faith in R Wilson is very low. Complict in some truely dreadful signings, plus turning down a bid of over £10m for Targett - which is probably the most ridiculous of them all.

I don't know why, perhaps its just sheer desperation, but I keep looking at this thread in the full knowledge that it never has anything other than regurgitated media rumours and keyboard warrior's outpourings.

I should know by now that anyone genuinely ITK won't be posting on here.

Stating the obvious perhaps, but it may be unreasonable to expect too much to happen soon because:

1. No movement out - We have too many players who are not good enough, on good contracts. As a player, especially a more senior one, why wouldn't you just stay put and take the money for 2-3-4 years? ...rather than move and take a pay cut

2. No movement in - the squad, and wage bill, is already too big because of 1.

3. No movement out - its unlikely that anyone in the higher leagues would want our rejects (is another Premier League team likely to want Hoedt?) - anyone in the lower leagues won't be able to afford their wage demands (hence loan outs)

3. No movement in - We are in the relegation zone - why would a good player come here and risk relegation?

and so we wait, waiting for a pleasant surprise...but with low expectations

Has Hoedt been rumoured to be going anywhere? Not even in the squad yesterday so clearly Ralph has no intent of selecting him anytime soon.

If we can shift Davis, Gabbi and Hoedt I don't see why we can't go for it least one ambitious signing.