The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

This has been the best moment of his career, the only moment a club might be interested in him. Conversely. saints will have seen his faults and be quite willing to accept a decent bid given we have Gunn and an extremely well paid third choice.

Forster back up til summer then leaving would be fine.

No it wouldn't be fine, it would be suicidal.

We dropped him from our relegation scrap last season so to go into the second half of the season knowing we are an injury away from having to recall him is a failing of 'Les Reed' proportions.

Sun suggesting that were interested in Shoya Nakajima, which almost certainly means we aren't. Looks like a classic case of agent hopefully touting him around.

Although, at 5'4" he'd make a good alternative to Hoedt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can I just say, I’m not trolling but passing on info I’ve been sent. If you’d rather I didn’t do this, I won’t. I’ll leave it for my private whatsapp group and twitter. It’s your loss, really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact McCarthy has been dropped vs. Chelsea is more than interesting and seems to be a hint that your Information might be right and something is going on in the background... To me this came out of the blue...

I wonder what's happened to Clyne for him to be wanted by the likes of Cardiff and Bournemouth?

I thought we'd be all over that, given our need for pace and a RB. Must be something else going on there as I'd have expected other clubs to be interested as well.

I wonder what's happened to Clyne for him to be wanted by the likes of Cardiff and Bournemouth?

I thought we'd be all over that, given our need for pace and a RB. Must be something else going on there as I'd have expected other clubs to be interested as well.

Deal agreed with Bompey on loan according to SSN

Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Clyne is still only 27. What a great player for Bournemouth to get.

We can’t loan him without negotiating early payment of ings transfer fee even if we were interested which club understandably wouldn’t want to do.

Is Dembele really going to China or is that just his agent trying to flush out offers from big clubs? Out of our league, but exactly the quality, size and power we need to add to our squad.

Fantastic player. Would love him here but doubt he’d come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love Clyne and Wanyama back if at all possible. Crazy they'd be available given they have the talent and plenty of years left. both would be major improvements on what we have in those positions.

Would take Lallana too even if some fans didn't like it.

One that many would think is ridiculous, but Janssen at Spurs needs a move. Would be at a reduced price but like Ings think a clean start would do him good. Seen him be decent at times and he just had a rough start at Spurs he never recovered from. There is a goalscorer in there, and he's the high energy hard working striker who'd suit this system. Still young and would want to prove himself.

Agree with all of that.

Apparently we are interested in Feyenoord and United Japanese target Shoya Nakajima, who plays for Porto.

not Porto, but Portimonese... having a good couple years, they're just in their second season in Portugese top flight and currently 7th now... (what Wikipedia tells me anyway!)

5ft 4/5 too I think, and probably mates with Yoshida?

but apparently he is incredibly fast and has unbelievable stamina... sounds like exactly what we need but in the PL who knows if he will live up to the billing.

as for Clyne, whilst we can't have a second loan from Liverpool anyway, I'd say we don't need him if we have Cedric and Valery. I'd take Clyne over Cedric though, because he is an English player who was quality when with us and really should have at least 3 more years in him- plus who knows what gear he'd be on if we came to us!

However, I'd love to be all over Wanyama, think that is exactly what we need- also means we have 2 box-to-box mids in Lemina/PEH, but just 1 break-up destroyer type CM (Romeu)... Again depends all on his fitness etc and whether injuries have really hampered him.

Edited by nta786

not Porto, but Portimonese... having a good couple years, they're just in their second season in Portugese top flight and currently 7th now... (what Wikipedia tells me anyway!)

5ft 4/5 too I think, and probably mates with Yoshida?

but apparently he is incredibly fast and has unbelievable stamina... sounds like exactly what we need but in the PL who knows if he will live up to the billing.

as for Clyne, whilst we can't have a second loan from Liverpool anyway, I'd say we don't need him if we have Cedric and Valery. I'd take Clyne over Cedric though, because he is an English player who was quality when with us and really should have at least 3 more years in him- plus who knows what gear he'd be on if we came to us!

However, I'd love to be all over Wanyama, think that is exactly what we need- also means we have 2 box-to-box mids in Lemina/PEH, but just 1 break-up destroyer type CM (Romeu)... Again depends all on his fitness etc and whether injuries have really hampered him.

Wanyama is a super player and so much better than Romeu, however I doubt Centre Mid is high on our priority list. Shame he would be wasted at WBA....

When it comes to younger prospects, we should be looking for the best available, regardless of position. People may have thought Gunn was a waste when we had McCarthy but if he proves to be top keeper then it'll be worth it in the long run.

However, if we're looking for players to "do a job" in the short term - those that will contribute immediately and help us fight off relegation, then given our financial restraints, we need to be identifying what kind of player we need and going after players who specifically fit that mould.

For example, while Wanyama is a good player, possibly (definitely before his injury but who knows now) an improvement on our current midfield, with Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina, is this really a position we are desperate for? Would money spent on him mean we couldn't invest in a centre back, right back, or quick forward?

Wanyama is a super player and so much better than Romeu, however I doubt Centre Mid is high on our priority list. Shame he would be wasted at WBA....

Wanyama was a good player for us not superb and the same in his early time Spurs but it seems that he is not regarded this highly at Spurs now

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

I do think, and it's probably obvious, that our policy is that we will not take a player on loan unless they are in our immediate future plans e.g. Ings/Bertrand etc etc...

hence why Clyne/Wanyama are probably out of the question- can't remember now but did someone once say after the 2014-15 season that we made a mistake in taking Elia and Duricic on loan? or something along those lines?

Cherries in talks to sign Solanke

BOURNEMOUTH IN ADVANCED SOLANKE TALKS

Bournemouth are in advanced talks with Liverpool over the permanent signing of striker Dominic Solanke, according to Sky sources.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Cherries in talks to sign Solanke

Wow Bournemouth really going for it - using the "raid a top 6 club" model. (Which actually was something I'd wished we'd done with Chelsea over the last few years rather than sign the dross that we've actually brought in.)

Wow Bournemouth really going for it - using the "raid a top 6 club" model. (Which actually was something I'd wished we'd done with Chelsea over the last few years rather than sign the dross that we've actually brought in.)

Chelsea are the ones I look at too. So many players. Chalobah / Bertrand Traore / Batshuayi are players I really wanted us to be after.

From the Liverpool end it should be noted. They certainly put across the figures they are told by Edwards, see also Ings.

100% from the Liverpool end due to the journo and the shoehorning of this: "The 27-year-old has rarely played over the last two years due to injury but made a successful comeback when he started against Manchester United recently."

Yes, DEFINITELY due to injury. Definitely.

Any actual incoming rumours?

No news about anyone coming in then?

Nothing concrete really. Just the odd rumour...

Keepers:

- Marcus Bettinelli

Fullbacks:

- Omar Elabdellaoui

Centre-Backs:

- Gary Cahill

- Martin Skrtel

Wingers:

- Shoya Nakajima

- Patrick Herrmann

Strikers:

- Mbaye Diagne