Booing of Guly

Wiggles31

Am I the only one that saw Fonte turn to the Kingsland and shrug his shoulders and say "wtf are you booing him for" as Guly came on. He then turned for a second time once Guly was on the pitch and tried to gee up the crowd up.

What I'd really like to know is, were the people that booed Guly today and have done all season at Bristol Rovers in League 1 when he scored a goal out of nothing to win us the game? Were these people at the majority of our games last season, in which Guly scored 11 goals and assisted a few others, massively contributing to our promotion to the premier league?

What he did at Fratton was pretty unforgivable, but how many of the people booing him today even set foot inside SMS last season let alone went to Fratton?

Whenever Guly has been called upon this season he's been decent, today I thought he was very good. Held the ball up we'll, went on some good runs and nearly scored a screamer. Shame he didn't score, I'd have gone mental for one if he had.

Should we all cheer a drink driver then?

Well it's hardly black and white, but if you want to judge footballers by their indiscretions I'd imagine there's a few others that you might like to think twice about cheering for in the future. He's clearly been dealt with according to the law and the club's code of conduct so where does it end?

Am I the only one that saw Fonte turn to the Kingsland and shrug his shoulders and say "wtf are you booing him for" as Guly came on. He then turned for a second time once Guly was on the pitch and tried to gee up the crowd up.

What I'd really like to know is, were the people that booed Guly today and have done all season at Bristol Rovers in League 1 when he scored a goal out of nothing to win us the game? Were these people at the majority of our games last season, in which Guly scored 11 goals and assisted a few others, massively contributing to our promotion to the premier league?

What he did at Fratton was pretty unforgivable, but how many of the people booing him today even set foot inside SMS last season let alone went to Fratton?

Whenever Guly has been called upon this season he's been decent, today I thought he was very good. Held the ball up we'll, went on some good runs and nearly scored a screamer. Shame he didn't score, I'd have gone mental for one if he had.

Nope i posted earlier that Fonte was embarrassed and tried to get the Kingsland to applaud not boo. Fonte looked embarrassed as hell, and that was how I felt. LLanna, Lambert and Ramirez are just as guilty of losing possesion, wasteful passing yet nothing is said. And if all the people who boo Guly is for the Portsmouth goal, I am glad it wasn't LLanna who had made that error, would he be treated the same? I think not!

Great key board warrior stuff, but most of the posters on here can be found on the match day thread. Quite frankly people inside the ground have a much more valid opinon than those that don't go .

Didn't boo guly , don't rate guly, but if paying fans want to make a point- thats fair enough by me.

1) Our form over the last 6 games has vastly improved

2) our win at home to Villa

These two have one thing in common............ No Guly

Newcastle were great last season, they are sh*t this season. Guthrie must be the new Beckenbauer... I like your "logic" ;)

Guly did the exact job he was brought on to do in that he maintained possession in the final third. Did Reading have any chances from open play when he was on the pitch?

As you say, Guly was brought on to help retain possession in the final third in a phase of the game where it was vital that we kept the ball in our own ranks. He chased down their defenders when they were in possession and when we had the ball he held it up well and gave an offensive outlet for the midfielders. It's really weird, if it wasn't Guly, we wouldn't have had this kind of thread over that performance. Brought in to do a particular job at a particular point in the match and he did this job in a solid and unspectacular manner. Fine shift that contributed to our win, nothing more, nothing less...

Utter mornonic behaviour o boo one of our own. Guy came on did a decent job as he has in basically every game he's played it's season only o have idiots boo him, we'll done! We as fans expect loyalty from our boys yet apparently can't give it back. Some of his goals last season have us where we are today, show some respect and support in future. Judge on his game by game play not by some silly grudge you have from the last game you happened to be there for or your daft mates explain to you.

It's the vocal minority, the same ones who kicked up over Hoddle's return in 2004.

Then when the club struggles they point the fingers at anyone but themselves.

What saddens me is the sheep that follow. Plenty of them in 2004 but they won't admit to nearly destroying the club.

Let's hope the yo-yo strategy works out, hey?

Firstly, we need to be relegated, obviously....

Despite missing a good opportunity for a goal Guly played ok today. To boo when he came on is completely out of order. Saints fans who did, should be ashamed of themselves. They are not together as one or shoulder to shoulder with the rest of us.

I think there has been an exaggeration at the level of booing brought about perhaps by a tv mike in the wrong place. I am on the edge of the Northam and although there were a few groans and muttering when he appeared on the touchline they were drowned by the subsequent chant for his name. No Saints player should be booed before hand - at the final whistle maybe if it is deserved.

I think some of our fans were deeply affected by our relegation to League 1 and now settle for mediocrity and being 2nd best

nobody booed Guly - they booed the decision to bring him on!!!

Disingenuous, specious argument to try to justify the booing.

Guly was key to some of our less glamorous but vital away wins in the lower leagues - I remember in particular, his match turning performance away at the freezing Ricoh against Coventry...but most of the lemmings who boo him wouldn't have been there I guess.

I think some of our fans were deeply affected by our relegation to League 1 and now settle for mediocrity and being 2nd best

nobody booed Guly - they booed the decision to bring him on!!!

Utter crap...booed when he was anounced as sub before ko too....cretins all of them..

I think there has been an exaggeration at the level of booing brought about perhaps by a tv mike in the wrong place. I am on the edge of the Northam and although there were a few groans and muttering when he appeared on the touchline they were drowned by the subsequent chant for his name. No Saints player should be booed before hand - at the final whistle maybe if it is deserved.

Well I was at the top of the Kingsland and it was extremely loud from there.....

Disingenuous, specious argument to try to justify the booing.

Guly was key to some of our less glamorous but vital away wins in the lower leagues - I remember in particular, his match turning performance away at the freezing Ricoh against Coventry...but most of the lemmings who boo him wouldn't have been there I guess.

they all saw that goal at Fratton Park though on the TV. Amazing how mistakes made in TV games shapes opinions of players. Fonte's error at Boro on TV swayed the general opinion on here that he had a poor season last year, which of course he didn't.

Great key board warrior stuff, but most of the posters on here can be found on the match day thread. Quite frankly people inside the ground have a much more valid opinon than those that don't go .

Didn't boo guly , don't rate guly, but if paying fans want to make a point- thats fair enough by me.

What's the point? What would booing actually achieve? I'm interested to know. You actually think it's fair enough to boo a Saints player coming on as sub in a massive game for our season that was still very much in the balance? Really?

It wasn't the TV mike that amplified it so NA or Fonte could hear it, so I suggest it was audible at pitch level.

I haven't read the whole thread but what I've seen is no one on here has defended the booing, so is there anyone on here who will admit it. This ******** about being entitled to voice your view is, I believe, trumped by your responsibility to the team. Bunch of c#nts.

The people who booed are a bunch of idiots, I think he is a good player who deserves our full support, someone even slagged him off for taking his tracksuit top off yesterday.

Agree, not that he's a good player particulary, but that he deserves our full support. One thing for sure, he's a better player than Chaplow, yet he would never get booed.

I was really hoping he scored. Then the idiots would run on the pitch (surely they wouldn't chant and then not follow it through, not top boys like those), get chucked out and banned. We then wouldn't have to put up with the ****s anymore.

I'm not a guly fan, but today he did well and is a far better player than our £7m striker jay rod. Guly imposed himself today and actually tried for a change. Of he carries on like that people will get off his back. As for mayuka, why buy him?

Jesus. Just how bad do you think Rodriguez is, then?

I think Guly also needs to take a look at himself, hes been poor for a very long time!

lackluster performances + no goals in 28 games....... Fans pay there money and are entitled to boo if they so choose imho

That's what the bloke next to me said... I pay my money, I can boo if I want!!

Told him to **** off and why bother coming to the ground.. The heart attack waiting to happen c**t!!

What an absolute bunch of tiresome wa**ers, the fans who boo their own team are.

There is no right time to slag your own team off during a game..EVER!!

They are normally the ones who think they could do better than Adkins & Players. But can't!!

On a side note.. The collective sighs after Jay Rodriguez misplaces a pass arent helping the lads confidence either.

I'm glad Kelvin doesn't turn round and acknowledge the singing of his name anymore... Coz he realises its the same helmets who booed him a few years ago!!

Modern football at its worst!!!!

It's pantomine season and Guly is the new Paul Telfer - oh and can the dulltards around me stop calling him Gully FFS

You don`t sit in the Kingsland centre do you? I have a "Statler and Waldorf" pair behind me that call him that. We have also had Punchard and Jaydoy (Jaidi) in the past and "we signed Ramez from Bologna" with Bologna pronounced exactly how it is spelt - a bit like Bogna!

No it was not exaggerated, you presumably did not hear the boos that were loud and clear in the Chapel/Itchen, eventually they were drowned out by the Northam starting the Guly song which was a welcome relief. Its not just the booing either its the inane comments made by many, who have clearly never watched the fella actually play and just feel it is cool to shout out insults that are not even relevant. There is no excuse ever to boo a home player during a game, never, the I pays me money so I'm entitled is completely fatuous. For those meatheads it would be better if you didn't pay your money in the first place.

he did this job in a solid and unspectacular manner. Fine shift that contributed to our win, nothing more, nothing less...

Would argue with this, some of his play was actually quite spectacular, the shot from the left corner of the pen would have been amazing if it had been 6 inches lower, and some of his lay-offs and movement were very good. Had a great view from the Itchen/Chapel corner, maybe if you were in the Northam you would not have seen some of the intricate footwork.

I've been away all week, so have missed things on here. Perhaps someone could update me.

Why was Guly playing, I thought Turkish told us that since the infamous "chat" Guly's "contract" of 15 mins minimum had been ripped up and Nigel is not being told to play him. Did his appearence yesterday mark the end of the "Adkin's alone" period with NC back in charge, or was it a legal decision after SFC's lawyers found we were in breach of employment law. The other option could be that Turkish was talking out of his arse, but that couldn't be the case, could it?