Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

I'm just hoping that this last few days isn't all a dream, and that I'll wake up in the morning and find out that it really has happened.

Wednesday - SRL the toast of England, could have even had a at trick in 20 mins!!

Sat - winning on the opening day of the season in The Prem for the 1st time since 1999, and against a team who convincingly beat us twice last season.

Sun - yet another International player with CL experience signed, another eterna watch to be worn at official press conference.

My head is spinning. It's like having a Happy Pill Overload!!

You got HAPPY PILLS in stock? You bstd. All you offered us were Margheritas

4 brilliant signings (let's not forget Luke Shaw) make this the best ever transfer window for Saints.

Glad I've got a season ticket, if we get a run going I don't expect there to be much 'walk up' this season. Time for some 2nd tiers for St. Mary's next please NC.

So... we've got Italy's number 9, in a World Cup year, with Spurs and various other clubs interested.

And now Roma have announced that he was 'only' £12.8M + £1.7M...

How the **** have we managed that?

You know the answer mate ;)

WCWCG.

What Cortese Wants Cortese Gets.

.....has scored 50 goals in last 104 apps. (since 2010) for Espanyol and Roma (thats a very good striking rate).

+ 3 goals in 9 games for Italy.

Him and Lambert (what a partnership :adore:

That's both the England and Italy No 9's - both Saints.......unbelievable........

So... we've got Italy's number 9, in a World Cup year, with Spurs and various other clubs interested.

And now Roma have announced that he was 'only' £12.8M + £1.7M...

How the **** have we managed that?

Given we were reportedly offering £20+ for Damiao, its indeed a bargain. Would also suggest we have some spare cash in the kitty.

Lets hope he comes here wanting to do well, can settle ok and keeps his head screwed on

I think - and hope - he'll be motivated by his own world cup ambitions, but the settling "on the bus", and mental approach are an unknown, although MP will earn his corn if he achieves on these two levels.

Is he the first Italian international to play for us?

Have we ever fielded an Italian before?

No internationals that I can recall.

We did have a young Italian player who scored regularly for the reserves and it seemed a matter of time before he stepped up, but the managers at the time did not see enough in him and it never happened. During the time of Jones/Hoddle I think.

No internationals that I can recall.

We did have a young Italian player who scored regularly for the reserves and it seemed a matter of time before he stepped up, but the managers at the time did not see enough in him and it never happened. During the time of Jones/Hoddle I think.

Cosimo Sarli

What an amazing transfer window; three significant internationals down the spine of the team in Lovren, Wanyama and now Daniel Osvaldo, but also the commitments of Shaw, Chambers and Ward Prowse. We do now seem to have strength in depth. I am loving being a Saints fan and I am not missing all the traumas which we endured under previous owners over many years. Thank you Markus and the Liebherr family. Thank you Nicola, your deeds do match your words! *****il now I have had a niggling doubt, but most of us have been a little bit hardened to disappointments over the decades!) Also, thanks to MP who has presumably convinced PDO to sign and to the team that started the season so well on Saturday!

Good and balanced read. Thanks.

But two questions remain:

Why the change of heart, from a resounding "NO" for a month or so, to signing ? MP was our manager two months ago.

What was his offence that caused the Roma fans to turn against him ? Was it just his spat with Lamela ?

Blue touch paper lit........ Squad based pyrotechnics to follow. Lets see how good a man manager MP is now.

Indeed. Interesting times.

I remember when our record signing was Rory Delap.

Is that a T-shirt in the making ?

(I remember it being Brian O'Neil at £75,000 and later another "Os", Peter Osgood at the shocking £275,000 when we thought Saints had entered the big time !)