Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

I love this mental video of Osvaldo and Papa Waigo combining to beat Juventus in 2008 :

The commentator is mental on this.

Papa waigo, Papa waigo, Papa waigo, Papa waigo, Papa waigo, Papa waigo, Papa waigo, Papa waigo, Papa waigo

Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo, Osvaldo.

Still, I digress

Exciting times

And a few arseholes being opened I feel, with this signing. We're a challenging team now.

Lets start with Sunderland and for a few weeks enjoy a high table position.

The Pope is telling him how much he enjoyed his performance as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Could we have a caption competition? There must be some good mileage on this one.

One day my son you will be SAINT !!.......................................................

Unbelievable transfer window.

I think this may spell the end for Ramirez unfortunately. He doesn't fit we'll out wide where Lallana and JRod will be and now he has Osvaldo and Lambert to compete with in a central attacking role.

I seriously doubt NC will give up on a 13m asset that easily.

Bet he's always been a fan of Saints and it was always his dream to play for Southampton.

Shame about the tatts, hope he's not another Fox. Somehow it always looks as 'though these guys don't shower very often. Wash that ink off man!

More Rickie than Fox...

Bet he's always been a fan of Saints and it was always his dream to play for Southampton.

Shame about the tatts, hope he's not another Fox. Somehow it always looks as 'though these guys don't shower very often. Wash that ink off man!

Why a shame he has tattoos? Sorry he doesn't has sick gothic font down his forearm of his own name.

Watch him struggle to adjust to the English game & be a huge flop.

Have you watched us play, its about as un-english as it comes. We are buying players to fit the bilbao mold... to play the football that destroyed man united in the europa league, and frankly last season as well. We have signed 3 quality signings..... 2 of them look settled allready... not to mention the fact that Poch has managed to bring through Chambers with ease... and is getting more out of warde prowse than many of the doubters on here imagined....

If you can't enjoy this you are either a permanent miserable git or a skate? Which is it....

Under Poch and NC this club is going to win things.... I literally only think 2 teams have got a first 11 that you would say is instantly better, and that is chelsea and city.... United I would take Van Persi and Vidic, Arsenal I wouldnt have anyone but the ox, Spurs i think we'd all take bale... but anyone else for the first 11 in a heartbeat.

Morgan, wanyama, osvaldo, Lovren, Lambert, ramirez, clyne, shaw, jayrod and lallana.... just think back to players like chris perry, murty and wayne thomas.... they did a great job for us back then.... but are you really so miserable that you can't enjoy the rise?

Have you watched us play, its about as un-english as it comes. We are buying players to fit the bilbao mold... to play the football that destroyed man united in the europa league, and frankly last season as well. We have signed 3 quality signings..... 2 of them look settled allready... not to mention the fact that Poch has managed to bring through Chambers with ease... and is getting more out of warde prowse than many of the doubters on here imagined....

If you can't enjoy this you are either a permanent miserable git or a skate? Which is it....

Under Poch and NC this club is going to win things.... I literally only think 2 teams have got a first 11 that you would say is instantly better, and that is chelsea and city.... United I would take Van Persi and Vidic, Arsenal I wouldnt have anyone but the ox, Spurs i think we'd all take bale... but anyone else for the first 11 in a heartbeat.

Morgan, wanyama, osvaldo, Lovren, Lambert, ramirez, clyne, shaw, jayrod and lallana.... just think back to players like chris perry, murty and wayne thomas.... they did a great job for us back then.... but are you really so miserable that you can't enjoy the rise?

Think I might have Jack Wiltshier from Arsenal as a squad player... or maybe just to collect the cones and bibs.

;)

You've been on some horrendous beak.

I literally only think 2 teams have got a first 11 that you would say is instantly better, and that is chelsea and city.... United I would take Van Persi and Vidic, Arsenal I wouldnt have anyone but the ox, Spurs i think we'd all take bale... but anyone else for the first 11 in a heartbeat.

I think ur getting carried away, but when I saw Arsenal's line up Saturday I did think, you know, that ain't much better than us!

It was like:

Szczesny

Gibbs

Koscielny

Mertesacker

Sagna

Wilshere

Ramsey

Rosicky

Ox

Walcott

Giroud

I think ur getting carried away, but when I saw Arsenal's line up Saturday I did think, you know, that ain't much better than us!

It was like:

Szczesny

Gibbs

Koscielny

Mertesacker

Sagna

Wilshere

Ramsey

Rosicky

Ox

Walcott

Giroud

The fact Sagna is still first choice for Arsenal sums them up for me. He is terrible and has been for ages.

There is an element of our fan base that needs to pay attention to this - "Saints are buying a player who needs an arm around the shoulder when things are going bad, rather than screaming from the crowd and gripe from his team-mates." TBF - I don't expect any of the latter and am hoping for none of the former.

There is an element of our fan base that needs to pay attention to this - "Saints are buying a player who needs an arm around the shoulder when things are going bad, rather than screaming from the crowd and gripe from his team-mates." TBF - I don't expect any of the latter and am hoping for none of the former.

Honestly, it'll be nothing compared to what he got from some of the Roma fans. We'll give him enough support if he doesn't start well though, can't remember the last time we really got on a player's back at games and not just on the message boards.

Honestly, it'll be nothing compared to what he got from some of the Roma fans. We'll give him enough support if he doesn't start well though, can't remember the last time we really got on a player's back at games and not just on the message boards.

You for real? Guly gets loads of stick, for no ****ing reason, too.

Surprised your not on his back already TBH

Grow up just because I think Ramirez is underachiving while admitting hes a very skilled player and having an opinion that differs from yours, you want to make petty swipes your username couldnt be more appropriate

Last year I go away and we sign Ramirez whilst I'm away; this year I'm away and we sign Osvaldo. Top, top signing - brilliant stuff again from the chaps running the club.

For those of you who continue to want to see big name signings, I'm happy for you to start up a fund to ensure I'm out of the country for the duration of all transfer windows...