Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Yes, number 11 is still free. But that doesn't mean it will be filled by another signing, he may have just preferred number 17 and 11 is still free as a result.

Nabil Hassan ‏@NabilHassan79 4m

Dani Osvaldo will wear number 17, which in Italy is considered an unlucky number. #SaintsFC

The fact Sagna is still first choice for Arsenal sums them up for me. He is terrible and has been for ages.

The Arsenal fan on their web site commenting on the Osvaldo signing made me laugh - he said don't boast too much about Osavaldo because they are coming for Lambert Schneiderlin and Shaw. I do see panic setting in if they get dicked on Wednesday after the Ox blow but I cannot see any of the squad going.

Yes, number 11 is still free. But that doesn't mean it will be filled by another signing, he may have just preferred number 17 and 11 is still free as a result.

As we need to use continuous numbers unless the Premier League Board approves otherwise, and we also have to name 25 senior pros if we have them, I would be pretty sure that the supposedly "free" numbers have already got Sharp, Hammond and Lee's names against them unless we do sign other players.

We don't have to publicise that though, which means we can change the ones that haven't been announced before September 3rd - if we sign other players.

It's FAR too much of a coincidence that the "free" numbers coincide with Sharp, Hammond and Lee's previous numbers though, as well as Forren's former number 15 not yet being filled. Barnard and Forte are now numberless, but we'll need to name them if we don't sell them or sign anyone else.

Okay and wow. A couple of things.

1) Was it 12.6 I saw raising to 14 or 15? What a price. Very happy with that.

2) Will be great to have a character who ( Im guessing) saints fans will grow to love and opposition fans will hate ( hopefully).

3). Quite a forward line we have now.

4). I LOVE being a Saints fan.

I see one of the top topics on the uglies is about a loose rumour how adkins is owed money from saints

what a surprise

a surprise that its a top topic on the ugly or that Saints look likley to again be threatened with legal action to get their money owed?

Agree. Read somewhere else that he wore 17 at Espanyol. He may see it as a lucky number particularly with reconnecting with Pochettino

As we need to use continuous numbers unless the Premier League Board approves otherwise, and we also have to name 25 senior pros if we have them, I would be pretty sure that the supposedly "free" numbers have already got Sharp, Hammond and Lee's names against them unless we do sign other players.

We don't have to publicise that though, which means we can change the ones that haven't been announced before September 3rd - if we sign other players.

It's FAR too much of a coincidence that the "free" numbers coincide with Sharp, Hammond and Lee's previous numbers though, as well as Forren's former number 15 not yet being filled. Barnard and Forte are now numberless, but we'll need to name them if we don't sell them or sign anyone else.

Have no basis to disagree with you, and agree that it seems a bit of a coincidence that we haven't used numbers previously assigned to Sharp, Hammond, Lee and Forren, however, if we have to use continuous numbering how come Boruc is 31 and Puncheon 42? Even if we plan to include Sharp, Hammond, Lee and possibly some of the youngster in the other empty numbers I don't see us getting to 42

Swedish paper Aftonbladet calls Osvaldo Jonny Depp - I must agree they look very alike in that pic... http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article17320525.ab

A copy from this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2396981/Pass-notes-Who-Southamptons-15million-Johnny-Depp-lookalike-Pablo-Daniel-Osvaldo.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

But still Saints are getting more and more media in Sweden now despite all the Swedes are gone.

Edited by St.Patrik

I know we are paying him a shedload of cash but I cant help but wonder what Pochettino said to him to convince him to come. Exciting to think that our plans have attracted 3 players here this summer who are of CL quality. Wonder if we have a guaranteed 30-40 million to spend for next 3 years or something like that.

The clues, 11 and 17 left available, Daniel likes both, he claimed that he had been house hunting for three months. Ummm!! now what could this all mean? Perhaps we have only been after one target after all, and the rest of the rumours, were just that, rumours.

while i doubt that was a plea to the fans themselves... it looks like we (the fans) could really be a key influence on young mr Osvaldo...

I don't cheer for cheering sake if a player doesn't deserve it, its sounds like he really needs to support to feel appreciated and do well...

Have no basis to disagree with you, and agree that it seems a bit of a coincidence that we haven't used numbers previously assigned to Sharp, Hammond, Lee and Forren, however, if we have to use continuous numbering how come Boruc is 31 and Puncheon 42? Even if we plan to include Sharp, Hammond, Lee and possibly some of the youngster in the other empty numbers I don't see us getting to 42

The football league is probably less anal about squad numbers and because Puncheon already had 42 the PL just accepted it.

LoL Shows you that the majority of reporters have the same level of inside ITK information as the majority of posters on this site i.e. zippo

Not really. Two if not three of those players did turn us down, it just so happened that we overcame it in Wanyama's case.

Couldn't be bothered to read all the way through to see if this had been said before but if it has, sorry.........

Does anyone think that Adkins could have attracted Osvaldo here, and he certainly couldn't have held his own with him in game of football tennis in the way that Pochettino did in the video. Nice man that Adkins was, the slightly nerdish image couldn't compete with Poch in terms of gaining respect from professional footballers.

Couldn't be bothered to read all the way through to see if this had been said before but if it has, sorry.........

Does anyone think that Adkins could have attracted Osvaldo here, and he certainly couldn't have held his own with him in game of football tennis in the way that Pochettino did in the video. Nice man that Adkins was, the slightly nerdish image couldn't compete with Poch in terms of gaining respect from professional footballers.

Never in a million years,hence he was shown the door...he served his purpose,like Pardew.....but was never a long term acquisition in Corteses eyes.

plus he didn't help himself at times.