Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

I'm guessing Spurs fans are now taking to Twitter in their droves to exclaim how they've dodged a bullet...
AVB said after their match when asked about"P. O." ,that, as far a strikers were concerned he was now fully covered.

Such a great transfer window. Lovren, Wanyama, Osvaldo, wow. Would have been happy with just one of them!

Best bit is that we aren't going to have to endure any last minute panicking on transfer deadline day. Done some fantastic business already, now we can sit back, relax, and see what deals there are to be done.

I'd be perfectly content if the window were to close now.

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said. A brilliant improvement for the spine of our team - three players with Champions League experience is something a majority of teams in the league could dream of (including one Arsenal based team who themselves have qualified for the competition this year). Anything else in the next couple of weeks would just be a bonus..

Speechless at just what is happening to our club!

What have the wums have to say now?

GLASGOW, do old players not want to play for him? Is he joining spurs as your ITK contacts to you ages ago?

BARRY SANCHEZ, is this another cr aa p window?

Said it before, will say it again, NICOLA CORTESE is the single most important figure for our clubs exciting future on the saints payroll...

He may not be the most enthusiastic player to ever arrive here, but his class is obvious. Spending our (by which we mean Liebherr) money on signing 3 quality players, rather than half a dozen decent ones, just has to be the way forward I'd say - how fortunate this club is to be in such a envious situation.

Is this now the best Saints squad most of us have seen during our lifetimes? I reckon so.

Just under a year ago, after losing 2-0 away to west brom I was stuck in a huge Facebook debate about the quality of our squad and what the future holds... I was still excited then and argued we had a great future ahead of us with the youth I out squad... Nearly a year on and a more positive result away against West Brom and we've signed Italy's number 9!!!!

Seriously!?! Am I dreaming...

IT'S HAPPENING!!!! IT'S ****ING HAPPENING

Remember when Huddersfield passed on Rickie Lambert because there'd be no resale value for a 27 year old? I wonder what the resale value on Osvaldo will be if he's a success....

Really good point there. I'd forgotten that, would it have made the difference when they were matching us game for game and on our tail for months? Methinks Lambert in that Hudds side instead of ours, and they would have comfortably overhauled us.

Official announcement to Italian stockmarket?

@OfficialASRoma: Corporate: Osvaldo

http://t.co/PMgDBmyYik #ASR

Pablo Daniel OsvaldoCessione a titolo definitivo

L’A.S. Roma S.p.A. rende noto di aver sottoscritto il contratto con il SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL

CLUB per la cessione a titolo definitivo dei diritti alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore Pablo

Daniel Osvaldo, a fronte del riconoscimento di un corrispettivo pari a 15,1 milioni di euro.

L’accordo prevede altresì il riconoscimento di un corrispettivo variabile, fino ad un massimo di 2

milioni di euro, per bonus legati al raggiungimento da parte del Calciatore e del Club inglese di

determinati obiettivi sportivi.

The A. S. Rome S.p.A. announces that it has signed an agreement with the SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL

CLUB for the outright sale of the rights to the player Pablo

Daniel Osvaldo, along with the recognition of an amount of 15.1 million euro.

The agreement also provides for the recognition of a variable fee, up to a maximum of 2

million euro, bonuses linked to the achievement by the Players Club and English

certain athletic goals.

Boruc

Clyne Lovren ???? Shaw

Rodriguez SpiderMan Wanyama Lallana

Osvaldo Lambert

INSANE, CL here we come with that lot. So much quality on the bench and competition for places. Should get Lallana back to his best, have felt he's been a little bit lacking since his injury layoff

I'm just hoping that this last few days isn't all a dream, and that I'll wake up in the morning and find out that it really has happened.

Wednesday - SRL the toast of England, could have even had a at trick in 20 mins!!

Sat - winning on the opening day of the season in The Prem for the 1st time since 1999, and against a team who convincingly beat us twice last season.

Sun - yet another International player with CL experience signed, another eterna watch to be worn at official press conference.

My head is spinning. It's like having a Happy Pill Overload!!

In all honesty, before we were linked with him I'd never heard of him.

I've been one of the more negative people about the whole Adkins/Pochettino business, that we finished 14th and Adkins left us in 15th. But now I can see the reasons behind it.. Would we really have attracted any of these 3 players under Adkins? I love Nige and everything he did for us but the decision to appoint Pochettino is starting to be justified to me now. Just hope this doesn't mean Lambert's forced out or doesn't play as much now.

Roma announce that Osvaldo has cost #saintsfc €15.1m + a maximum of €2m in bonuses. That's around £12.875m + £1.7m. http://t.co/KDVGh3O6Au

That's outstanding business for Italy's 27 year old striker in this financial climate. He might chuck his dummy now and then but he's gotta be worth that much at least. NC is a wily old fox........

Hands up time - never thought we would get him after the Damiano deal went tits up and things I heard but

how far have we come from Trotman and Mellis the same time just a few years ago.

Also puts to bed my fears that no players had followed Pochettino...well done Nicola.

Now lets hope he enjoys his time at this great club.