Sunderland 1 Saints 0 Match Reaction

Glasgow_Saint

I can't remember being quite this p*ssed off about a Saints result because the quarter-finals were there for the taking.

Picking the languid, lazy Guly to play in a high-intensity side is insane, especially when you're leaving out the engine room in the middle of the park and you've got a problem pairing at the back.

Even the commentators said there would be some explaining to do.

MP didnt even look interested. dare I say it, is there more to this?

probably not but ffs

so so poor

lambert, shaw poor

clyne poor

we know guly and hooiveld are crap

s.davis and wanyama the only ones with any credit

utterly shameful from the club.

surely, MP would have spoken to the owners about his plans for the cup

fuking terrible

A complete and utter mess. I've never felt like saying this about my side over the last 4 years, as we've been brilliant, but this is the first time I've questioned their commitment as it was as bad as we have played since the Wotte days. I don't get it.

The selection set the tone. The club don't care about the cups, it's been clear. Jesus as the press-guy, young players start and on the bench. It's been the pattern from the league cups and the FA Cup.

We have a terrific first 11, which can go toe to toe with the best teams in this league. This was our best opportunity to get to a final and have a chance to win it - first time for over a decade. We've blown it, TWICE. against the same utter dross. It's not like we've been knocked out against Chelsea or Man City, it's Sunderland. They're so bad.

We may never have such a talented squad at our disposal again, who knows what the summer will hold.

Totally agree.

I suspect the club are concentrating on the league. Watch them bounce back against Wham

Are we though? didn't MP say he doesn't want Europa league football? what is he hoping for,Champions league?

Even with that team we should of won but you could tell from the first 5 mins we didn't fancy it,worst performance since West Brom at home last season

Edited by pangy

Thanks for nothing mopo

Shambles!!

Posted at least 2min before the final whistle... what a gimp :mcinnes:

As for the game. The but starts and stops at MoPo, You can't have Lallana saying its the players biggest game of the season and then pick a second string team... demoralise the players before they even start the game.

Other than that they were all fu cking useless bar Davis who put in a decent shift as always.

Anyone else think that lallana and shaw espeically were worried about getting injured after the last game vs sunderland.... Its starting to get to their heads if so.

All in all, no defending that performance, they couldn't have looked less interested in winning if they tried. Worst ever performance I have seen from a saints team.

Nothing stuck today. Wonder goal won it. Our forward line failed to turn up and that has got to be the worst performance from rickie Lambert I have ever seen. AL seems to have gone off the boil over the past few games.

We could well rue the opportunity to get a striker in during the window. Forward line looked very tired. Wanyama was our best player today along with Shaw.

Awful performance' date=' but ultimately it has to come down to the team selection. We now have virtually nothing to play for.[/quote']

Rubbish. We could go for 7th ! This would be fantastic and we could bloody a few noses of the 'big boys' or 'ruffle a few feathers' on the way.

That was very, very, very strange. It looked as if they truly didn't want to win. Every single player was misplacing passes, mucking up. Was the pitch covered in molasses? Did MoPo offer them a bonus to lose so that we had no risk of entering the Europa League? It's just makes no sense.

Nothing stuck today. Wonder goal won it. Our forward line failed to turn up and that has got to be the worst performance from rickie Lambert I have ever seen. AL seems to have gone off the boil over the past few games.

We could well rue the opportunity to get a striker in during the window. Forward line looked very tired. Wanyama was our best player today along with Shaw.

nope. we DEFINITELY did not need anyone in jan

Very disappointed, went out with a whimper. Poor decision on the team selection, seemed to set the tone that it wasn't important. Then went and played that way. Feel so sorry for the fans who went today let down badly by the team & Management. So frustrating we could have gone a long way in this if we'd taken it seriously, now the season just Peeters out.

A golden opportunity thrown away. I am livid atm.

Team choice, lacklustre display is just taking the p*ss out of the fans and tha FA cup.

We are safe in the prem, there is no reason why we could not go for this all guns blazing, but we decided to go out in a whimper.

Feckin disgusting.

Personally, couldn't care less about defeat today. I do feel sorry for those admirable fans who made the journey again to see another lacklustre performance. I am more worried about the league and building for next season. When we have a bigger squad then have a go at the cups.

Brave comment. Lot of understandable emotion at the moment, but in the cold light of day people will see that it is more important to concentrate on the league.

How guly starts is beyond me, average in league 1, anonymous in championship, out of his depth this season...it was like we played with 10 men. Not just guly but entire team was poor today and disappointing team selection. If we win at west ham and beat Liverpool then perhaps forgiven.

Did Sunderland get what they deserved from resting 9 first choice players?

They have decent replacements though don't they, I mean wouldn't it be handy to have Larsson and Wickham in reserve and a couple of those Italian fellas as well? Our squad is far too weak, we've been cost cutting of late and it's left us with nothing.

Never mind you get 15 minutes extra free parking though don't youy and Franny and Matty can get in free.

A complete and utter mess. I've never felt like saying this about my side over the last 4 years, as we've been brilliant, but this is the first time I've questioned their commitment as it was as bad as we have played since the Wotte days. I don't get it.

The selection set the tone. The club don't care about the cups, it's been clear. Jesus as the press-guy, young players start and on the bench. It's been the pattern from the league cups and the FA Cup.

We have a terrific first 11, which can go toe to toe with the best teams in this league. This was our best opportunity to get to a final and have a chance to win it - first time for over a decade. We've blown it, TWICE. against the same utter dross. It's not like we've been knocked out against Chelsea or Man City, it's Sunderland. They're so bad.

We may never have such a talented squad at our disposal again, who knows what the summer will hold.

Yep can't argue with that.

I have just had a rant at my wife who knows nothing about football. She thinks MP should be sacked but that would be to ignore all the good that he has done.

I havn't felt as angry about a team selection before as this one. It was a good team but it should have been our best. we had a great chance to make the quarter finals with all the excitement that brings. MP threw this game and I am furious.

It has been a great season but this has put a massive dampener on it.

People moaning at Clyne he made two great chances that were both missed. Lambert shocking. Cork better than wanyama. Mopo is a disgrace today.

Probably doesn't care anyway, he'll as likely as not not be here next season. It will just take the sale of one first teamer and he'll be off. Don't think he was very happy about Osvaldo being given away and no replacement being signed.

In fairness I think we would have played Gallagher more but for circumstance. Plus the forward line can only score if they get decent balls played to them midfield was woeful (dare I say without Jack Cork) so the forwards had few quality balls all day.