England vs Costa Rica

nta786

Is this even worth a thread?

Anyways, I say experiment this game. We have nothing to lose anyway...

So that means, the usual back 4 except Shaw instead of Baines.

Even though it would probably backfire horribly, anything to see that **** Gerrard whos only gone to Brazil to tap our players up, just put Henderson and Wilshere as our holding midfielders.

The 3 behind the striker should be Sterling and Oxlade down the wings and Lallana as the number 10 (though Barkley if we're going on the theme of youth)

And finally have Sturridge up top.

Make Lallana captain- as Gerrard showed, even he has been a shocking captain- sending Jagielka down for the post match interview and hiding away when it has all been his fault.

Having written on that, no doubt we will have the usual suspects in Gerrard, and Rooney and Welbeck up top.

Worth a thread with two Saints in the squad. With an eye to the future this is the moment for Hodgson to show he picks the side and not the media. Drop Gerrard and Rooney. Play as many of those who haven't started a game or have only been bit-part subs as possible, including Shaw, Lallana and Lambert.

Interesting that people have commented on how countries with very much smaller populations than England can produce better football teams - but the England team has been mainly picked from a very limited pool - with over half the outfield players coming from Liverpool and Everton.

Worth a thread with two Saints in the squad. With an eye to the future this is the moment for Hodgson to show he picks the side and not the media. Drop Gerrard and Rooney. Play as many of those who haven't started a game or have only been bit-part subs as possible, including Shaw, Lallana and Lambert.

Interesting that people have commented on how countries with very much smaller populations than England can produce better football teams - but the England team has been mainly picked from a very limited pool - with over half the outfield players coming from Liverpool and Everton.

This.

We have the players. We just suffer from the media picking the team. English SBS commentator in the Uruguay game when Lallana came on commented on his 'opportunity to cement a place'. Never comments like that about plodders like Welbeck who just get in on the media love in with the big clubs. I don't care about this game. Will be watching Uruguay hopefully put the Italians out to punish them for being so casual against Costa Rica. England will win 4-0 and few will notice, even fewer will care. The horse has bolted. It's over.

Will be watching Uruguay hopefully put the Italians out to punish them for being so casual against Costa Rica. England will win 4-0 and few will notice, even fewer will care. The horse has bolted. It's over.

My last hope for this world cup is finishing above Italy......COME ON ENGLAND! ...at least do something right :)

despite England having gone out of the tournament, it's a win-win situation for Lallana and Shaw in a nothing match.

Having lauded up AL in recent months, Roy Hodgson can scarcely fail to start Lallana now.... having selected him for the squad in the first place, and then subsequently ignored him.

Luke Shaw should start - and even a mediochre performance will heighten his claim to the future LB spot - as Baines proved himself to be less than convincing in the first two games.

The shame (for Hodgson) will be IF England actually beat Costa Rica (already top of the group), because it will show that his original team selection was flawed from the start.

Although Rickie Lambert is a Liverpool player (on paper) he will remain in the hearts of Saints fans for a while longer. A goal for him in WC will surely be his crowning glory given his previous career details.

Even though it would probably backfire horribly, anything to see that **** Gerrard whos only gone to Brazil to tap our players up, just put Henderson and Wilshere as our holding midfielders.

The 3 behind the striker should be Sterling and Oxlade down the wings and Lallana as the number 10 (though Barkley if we're going on the theme of youth)

Make Lallana captain- as Gerrard showed, even he has been a shocking captain- sending Jagielka down for the post match interview and hiding away when it has all been his fault.

Having written on that, no doubt we will have the usual suspects in Gerrard, and Rooney and Welbeck up top.

Just as matter of interest, have your seen Henderson and Wilshire performing in this World Cup? Both have been abject!

Roy will stick with the same team and system which has been crap the last two games. All the 'big names' will be shoe horned in and players like Lallana will get 20 minute sub appearance at the end.

We will draw 1-1, Rooney will score another simple tap in which will enough to "silence his doubters," according to the media.

I have seen some absolute garbage from deluded Saints fans but this tops the lot

Guaranteed England will win 4-0 and we'll all be saying "why didn't we play like that in the last 2 games?" :)

That's what I've been thinking. Adam will probably play a blinder. Please please drop Rooney. He is not world class, no matter how many times the pundits laud him up.

We played some much better when he was subbed during warm up games.

Nothing to lose - experimental XI for me with one eye on the future. I'd go with...

-------------- Hart --------------

Johnson -- Jones -- Cahill -- Shaw

----- Wilshere -- Chamberlain -----

Sterling ----- Barkley ----- Lallana

------------ Sturridge ------------

Do you know what.I couldn't give a toss. Whatever the selection it'll still be Liverchester et al.

It's easy for a good player to look a lot better when surrounded by other good players in their club team. This never seems to be obvious to England managers.

Just as matter of interest, have your seen Henderson and Wilshire performing in this World Cup? Both have been abject!

I know they have- hence why I said- 'even though it would backfire horribly', and I couldn't really care anymore tbh, and if I'm honest, I'd rather have Costa Rica top the group than the likes of Italy and Urugay.

I have seen some absolute garbage from deluded Saints fans but this tops the lot

Take it with a pinch of salt mate, I'm joking ffs. I know Lallana isn't England captain material. I'm sorry for not making that clearer lool... Though I do still hate Gerrard :)

I wanna see us play with freedom and most importantly passion, something which hasn't been shown if I'm honest.

We wait 4 years for a WC and it's over in a week... sigh...

A lot of those players who have started don't deserve to play in this game. I'd go with:

Hart; Johnson Jones Cahill Shaw; Henderson Barkley; Chamberlain Lallana Sterling; Lambert

See absolutely zero benefit in playing Baines, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Sturridge or Welbeck. Lambert deserves a full 90 on the pitch.

Can't believe so many are naming Johnson in their teams. He is probably the worst defender in the competition. I think Jones and Smalling are sh*t full-backs, but I'd have either of them over the other useless c*nt.

Johnson only made my XI on the basis that there's no-one better - says it all, really! I'd genuinely rather have Clyne than him...

Doubt he'll start - no real point. He isn't the future of England.

I would agree, however Woy has not tested the system Saints have adopted and using Lallana and Lambert to link up might give him an idea of how it might work. Highly likely he will not start, but perhaps a chance.