Defectors Watch

adrian lord

I wouldn’t say they’re out of relegation trouble just yet. Unlikely but not out of the question.

If Everton are in relegation danger this season (in any sense) then we were last year, something which was vehemently denied by all on this forum.

This match is an exceptionally uncomfortable watch thinking where we could have been had Katarina been willing to properly invest for growth of our football club instead of priming it for selling. And don’t say it could not have happened because Man City have made something happen from relatively little because of genuine ambition by rich owners and stretching within (and beyond when it got them further) the rules to work for them. Now we are among the favourites for relegation. Nice one.

Oh don't be stupid Daft K. We can never match the likes of Liverpool on wages. And that is all you need to know. So stow the what ifs, it just isn't the case.

Its never been about just money. Look at Spurs.

And why Lallana, Morgan ect all stayed while Cortese was here.

If its easier for you to believe its simply just money then ignore me and pop the head back in the sand.

Oh don't be stupid Daft K. We can never match the likes of Liverpool on wages. And that is all you need to know. So stow the what ifs, it just isn't the case.

Read his post though. He’s lamenting the fact that we had an owner more interested in priming us for sale than investing - Man City are a similar size club to us historically and they attracted a benevolent owner whereas we unfortunately didn’t get one with the means or the desire to push us on. Obviously we could never have kept the players under this leadership.

Read his post though. He’s lamenting the fact that we had an owner more interested in priming us for sale than investing - Man City are a similar size club to us historically and they attracted a benevolent owner whereas we unfortunately didn’t get one with the means or the desire to push us on. Obviously we could never have kept the players under this leadership.

Location probably played a part in that too- Manchester is bigger than Southampton

Are you taking the ****?

Its never been about just money. Look at Spurs.

And why Lallana, Morgan ect all stayed while Cortese was here.

If its easier for you to believe its simply just money then ignore me and pop the head back in the sand.

Your first point - Spurs are still paying their players up to and just over £100k a week, but aside from that they came close to winning the league twice which is why players have stuck around, plus Champions League football. See how long they stick around if they finish outside the top 4 this season.

Second point - Lallana and Morgan stayed around under Cortese for one and a half season in the Prem. It was only after that they had proven themselves as capable that they wanted to leave. If they'd kicked up a fuss after our first season in the Prem, no top club would have come to their rescue.

TL;DR - F*ck off you *****.

He’s breezed through that match and was back to his best, proves he wasn’t bothered about trying for us this season. Painful to watch

Jamie Carragher had him sussed a couple of weeks ago on Sky when he analysed his performances for us. He never dud anything obvious but there was a distinct lack of effort. ****.

F**k it. Exciting, fast football and wins are overrated.

We dont buy success, we breed it.

#WeMarchOn

Look mate, I have a friend who is (was) a huge Montreal Canadiens fan. Their current general manger (same position as Les) is a bumbling fool, he’s ruined a team capable of winning the cup. My friend is boycotting the Canadiens until that chump leaves.

Maybe you could try something similar, it’s not a great id a to risk your health over this. My friend is feeling much better.

Read his post though. He’s lamenting the fact that we had an owner more interested in priming us for sale than investing - Man City are a similar size club to us historically and they attracted a benevolent owner .

****ing heard it all now. City have always been a bigger club than us, even pre money. How old are you 11?

They won a European trophy , 2league titles , 4 Fa cups , 2 league cups before the primer league existed, you plum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****ing heard it all now. City have always been a bigger club than us, even pre money. How old are you 11?

They won a European trophy , 2league titles , 4 Fa cups , 2 league cups before the primer league existed, you plum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have dreamt them being down in the old division two (like we were), coming up through the Championship (like we did) and then finishing mid table in the Prem for years before being jettisoned into the Champions League. There are plenty of clubs that have won more trophies than we have if that’s all you put it down to (Pompey for one, would you be calling someone a plum for saying we were a bigger club than the Skates?)

My point was that, before they were bought, City were a club of very similar stature and with very similar recent history. I take the point that Manchester is a more attractive location but do you honestly believe that an Arab sheik bought Manchester City because they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1970? I don’t think so.

I wouldn’t say they’re out of relegation trouble just yet. Unlikely but not out of the question.

They are miles out of it... There is no way us, West Brom or Swansea will get within 6 points of them by the end of the season let alone get in front of them.

Scored the winner in a cup tie against a club I don't particularly like anyway, big whoop.

Personally I can't be arsed getting annoyed about a player who couldn't be arsed to play for a team who can't be arsed.

There’s too much other irritating stuff going on at Saints right now on to be irritated by this. At some point he’ll pull a Lovren, and if my schadenfreudascope notices it, I will enjoy it.

I must have dreamt them being down in the old division two (like we were), coming up through the Championship (like we did) and then finishing mid table in the Prem for years before being jettisoned into the Champions League. There are plenty of clubs that have won more trophies than we have if that’s all you put it down to (Pompey for one, would you be calling someone a plum for saying we were a bigger club than the Skates?)

My point was that, before they were bought, City were a club of very similar stature and with very similar recent history. I take the point that Manchester is a more attractive location but do you honestly believe that an Arab sheik bought Manchester City because they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1970? I don’t think so.

Bet you struggle to understand why players leave us for Spurs because we are every bit as big as them right?

Bet you struggle to understand why players leave us for Spurs because we are every bit as big as them right?

Not really relevant to the point that’s being debated is it ? Did you miss the part of my original post where I admitted to it being impossible for us to keep players from other clubs under our current regime?

If we had a rich owner like City we’d be able to keep players but we don’t, the point I made was that it could easily have been us taken over by a very rich Arab Sheik given that, at the time they were taken over, both clubs had a very similar recent history.

Not really relevant to the point that’s being debated is it ? Did you miss the part of my original post where I admitted to it being impossible for us to keep players from other clubs under our current regime?

If we had a rich owner like City we’d be able to keep players but we don’t, the point I made was that it could easily have been us taken over by a very rich Arab Sheik given that, at the time they were taken over, both clubs had a very similar recent history.

I wouldn’t want us to spend money like Man City. I loathe them because of it. They’re not smaller than us (lol), but in my lifetime they had been a mid-table team at best who suddenly had cheat mode enabled. Surely when you taste victory you want to feel like you’ve earned it through harder work, or smarter choices than your opponents. It’d be like me getting a 90m head start in the 100m and then showing off I had an Olympic gold medal.

I do agree with Daft Kerplunk that having an owner whose first priority wasn’t the success of the team (even if it was linked), with directors who seem hellbent on overseeing team affairs in order to achieve those priorities for them, has been costly. No matter which way you cut it though, we are in a mess because we appointed the wrong manager and haven’t done anything about it. Our transfers haven’t been too bad really. Sure, could have been better, and the GK situation is laughable, but no bad enough to get us relegated.

I wouldn’t want us to spend money like Man City. I loathe them because of it. They’re not smaller than us (lol), but in my lifetime they had been a mid-table team at best who suddenly had cheat mode enabled. Surely when you taste victory you want to feel like you’ve earned it through harder work, or smarter choices than your opponents. It’d be like me getting a 90m head start in the 100m and then showing off I had an Olympic gold medal.

I do agree with Daft Kerplunk that having an owner whose first priority wasn’t the success of the team (even if it was linked), with directors who seem hellbent on overseeing team affairs in order to achieve those priorities for them, has been costly. No matter which way you cut it though, we are in a mess because we appointed the wrong manager and haven’t done anything about it. Our transfers haven’t been too bad really. Sure, could have been better, and the GK situation is laughable, but no bad enough to get us relegated.

Agree with this - don’t think I ever claimed that we were a bigger club than Man City, my point was that, at the time they were taken over, they were part of a cluster of similar sized clubs and that we had been in an around them in the time which led up to their investment. I misspoke when I said they were similar size to us historically, I meant they were similar to us when they secured the Sheik, not that we had done better than them in the past and certainly not that we are bigger than them now. Shock horror that my original post was largely ignored and that the forum police focused on one statement they disagreed with rather than taking it as a whole (not aimed at you to be fair).

Agree with this - don’t think I ever claimed that we were a bigger club than Man City, my point was that, at the time they were taken over, they were part of a cluster of similar sized clubs and that we had been in an around them in the time which led up to their investment. I misspoke when I said they were similar size to us historically, I meant they were similar to us when they secured the Sheik, not that we had done better than them in the past and certainly not that we are bigger than them now. Shock horror that my original post was largely ignored and that the forum police focused on one statement they disagreed with rather than taking it as a whole (not aimed at you to be fair).

Your original point, if I've read the right post, was that he was lamenting the fact that we didn't get a rich owner. He wasn't, what he was said was that Kat chose a different approach to Man City and could have, if she wanted to, invested to improve the the club like Man City did. Which is complete ********, Man City have spent hundreds of millions to get where they are. They are owned by the ruling family of Abu Dhabi, its laughable to even think that a moderate industrialist from Germany could emulate that. It takes more than desire, it takes a wealth of billions. This discontent is just experienced by moron fans that think this way.

Yeah sorry I definitely used a smidgen of your post to go off on a bit of a tangent...

Your original point, if I've read the right post, was that he was lamenting the fact that we didn't get a rich owner. He wasn't, what he was said was that Kat chose a different approach to Man City and could have, if she wanted to, invested to improve the the club like Man City did. Which is complete ********, Man City have spent hundreds of millions to get where they are. They are owned by the ruling family of Abu Dhabi, its laughable to even think that a moderate industrialist from Germany could emulate that. It takes more than desire, it takes a wealth of billions. This discontent is just experienced by moron fans that think this way.

Wish i was a 'Moderate industrialist'- https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/profiles/willi-liebherr/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk