Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Would be interesting to see how Liverpool have done since the drug issue for their centre back was unveiled? I wonder if their performances have dropped?

Sahko was their best centre back that's for sure and was superb when I saw him against Everton I think? Think that was the last time he played.

What a couple of weeks.

Beat Tottenham, thrash Man City, finish 6th, Liverpool lose, Pompey lose, West Ham choke, SKD testimonial, VVD, Forster and JWP sign on.

Now, just one more wish. C'mon United! (Feel dirty for saying that)

and a 4-1 Palace win which could of been 7-3 :smug:

Goes against the grain of the thread somewhat but whilst those players don't have European football next season they have played in a domestic and European final this season.

We knocked ourselves out before even making the group stage.

We also were knocked out of the same competitions so what's the difference?

We also were knocked out of the same competitions so what's the difference?

Presumably that they got all the way to the final whilst we didnt make the group stage.

You never have a guarentee you are going to win anything of course but at the start of his first season at Liverpool if you had said to Clyne he would play in a League Cup Final (humiliating Saints on the way) and a Europa League final he would probably have taken that (plus his extra 50k a week).

Its funny they lost the final, absolutely. Would be funnier if they had done what we did and lost to a ****e team before the group stage had even started.

Its funny they lost the final, absolutely. Would be funnier if they had done what we did and lost to a ****e team before the group stage had even started.

I'm inclined to disagree. IMO, it's much more entertaining when the people one's laughing at get so near yet so far. By comparison, imagine how dull it would have been if Pompey had succumbed to mid-table obscurity a few months ago. Nah, give me the "It's the hope that kills them" scenario every time. :)

I'm inclined to disagree. IMO, it's much more entertaining when the people one's laughing at get so near yet so far. By comparison, imagine how dull it would have been if Pompey had succumbed to mid-table obscurity a few months ago. Nah, give me the "It's the hope that kills them" scenario every time. :)

[emoji106]

Fair point. But where does a thread like this stop? Better to create our own history rather than be entertained every time a player who played one season for us nearly 3 years ago (Lovren) loses a game that we would be buzzing to even be playing in.

We march on (but we are actually still really bitter years later and have a thread that is always on page one of the site).

Fair point. But where does a thread like this stop? Better to create our own history rather than be entertained every time a player who played one season for us nearly 3 years ago (Lovren) loses a game that we would be buzzing to even be playing in.

We march on (but we are actually still really bitter years later and have a thread that is always on page one of the site).

I some times wonder if you understand the average football fan.......

It's tongue-in-cheek. Its a bit like the mild amusement one gets from keeping the Pompey Takeover Saga thread alive, in the knowledge that Pompey fans don't quite get the fact that maintaining the obsession is what keeps (some of) us amused. Yes, its all a bit sad when placed under the microscope of intellectual scrutiny but, hey, its the internet...not to be taken too seriously IMO. Anyway, back later... Just off to wind up my Italian mate about the fall of the Roman Empire...

Edited by trousers

It is indeed. If Lollana is still at Liverpool next season we can rightly sing 'Oh Lallana, went to Liverpool and he won f*ck all' - shortly before his big transfer to Hull. Barmbyesque!

It is indeed. If Lollana is still at Liverpool next season we can rightly sing 'Oh Lallana, went to Liverpool and he won f*ck all' - shortly before his big transfer to Hull. Barmbyesque!

People keep on saying that he is going to get the chop. He has dismissed the links to Spurs and says that he wants to win things with Klopp

adam-lallana_3476262b.jpg

This picture...!!!!

When I started this thread I never imagined it would become so long and persist for so long. But then neither did I imagine we'd have a new set of Defectors every summer to keep up the momentum! It is all largely humorous and light hearted, and indeed the very stalkerish nature of the hounding of the original Defectors from Summer 2014 is done with a knowing chuckle rather than blind, obsessive hatred.

Schneiderlin is on the reserve list just like he was for the last World Cup. So if Cabaye got injured....

He will be training with the squad to start with.

Schneiderlin called into the final France squad after Lassana Diarra is forced to withdraw with a knee injury.

So it wasn't Cabaye...

So it wasn't Cabaye...

Was always pretty likely that Diarra wouldn't actually make the Euro, been on one leg for months, if not years. Now if DD had done as originally planned (or so it would seem) the 31 would have still been together when he dropped out. Spain got it right, decide the 23 at the last minute.

• 1 month later...

Aside from Bertrand being involved in the Slovakia draw, the rest of our Euro contingent did well or excellent. (or looked good by not playing if you are Forster)

Obviously Fonte and Cedric will be thrilled, but I'd think all our players should come back with more confidence. Lets just hope they aren't too knackered!

Aside from Bertrand being involved in the Slovakia draw, the rest of our Euro contingent did well or excellent. (or looked good by not playing if you are Forster)

Obviously Fonte and Cedric will be thrilled, but I'd think all our players should come back with more confidence. Lets just hope they aren't too knackered!

Let's hope Bertrand doesn't come back with a nasty dose of Hodgson's disease.

Symptoms include; confusion, disorganisation, lethargy, not knowing who you are or where you're supposed to be and a tendency to repeatedly mutter "I don't know why I'm here".