Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Probably wanted the room next to Henderson!

Probably wanted the room next to Henderson!

Think that that might be a watching of a defector that I might pass on. Is it something particular to football players that they have to have a **** with an audience? Does it massage their already considerable egos?? "Look at me while I pleasure this lady. Rudolph Valentino eat your heart out!".

15 minutes gone and Victor and his new team mates 2-0 down to Juventus...Poch doesn't look happy....pmsl:lol:

Showed his class to help them get back into the game though:

"Spurs have pulled one back, thanks to a fine steal in midfield from Victor Wanyama. He muscles his way out of a Juventus tackle, sets up Erik Lamela who shoots low past Neto. Lovely bit of smash and grab from the new signing Wanyama, who arrived from Southampton this summer."

He is a class act, and will be missed.

Seeing pictures in the gallery of Puel taking part in Saints' last training session was a reminder that defector Koeman was rarely, if ever, seen doing anything physical on the training ground. RK didn't really need to put on a tracksuit just to stand around watching, whereas Puel looks as if he throws himself into it. Odd that Koeman, who was was very fit as a player, seems content to allow the pounds to pile on.

Aside from Bertrand being involved in the Slovakia draw, the rest of our Euro contingent did well or excellent. (or looked good by not playing if you are Forster)

But if we didn't lose Bertand must have been doing his job.

When he could be bothered which last season was about 6 games

This. Gutted he's gone from a playing perspective, but he only stepped up when in the shop window last season. might have got the 3 points we needed for Champions League by dropping him against lesser opposition he couldn't be bothered against...

Seeing pictures in the gallery of Puel taking part in Saints' last training session was a reminder that defector Koeman was rarely, if ever, seen doing anything physical on the training ground. RK didn't really need to put on a tracksuit just to stand around watching, whereas Puel looks as if he throws himself into it. Odd that Koeman, who was was very fit as a player, seems content to allow the pounds to pile on.

Didn't Koeman get injured himself during a training session? Unless he was faking it in order to realise his lifelong dream of a move to Everton.

He used to blow a whistle occasionally.

our most successful manager of all time left Alan Ball to do the training.

It seems people are trying to hide their disappointment in RK leaving and trying to do him down but I suspect we would all have him back in a heartbeat. To me there seems a bit of unease about the new leap into the dark

our most successful manager of all time left Alan Ball to do the training.

It seems people are trying to hide their disappointment in RK leaving and trying to do him down but I suspect we would all have him back in a heartbeat. To me there seems a bit of unease about the new leap into the dark

Same thing happened on here when Pochettino left as well.

Same thing happened on here when Pochettino left as well.
yep, although I think there were always those would didn't like him as he took Adkins job. As I wasn't such a fan of Adkins I didn't worry, but again was very disappointed when MP left

I just read the article about Hibbert (and Osman).. It makes me wonder about Koeman frankly. Really disgraceful stuff from Everton.

Oumar Niasse has not been given a shirt number for the new season despite only arriving as Everton's third most expensive signing last January.

Winger Aiden McGeady, forwards Conor McAleny and Leandro Rodriguez and defender Luke Garbutt are also among those not assigned a number.

Reading Everton's forum on the Hibbert story

'The rant has tarnished his cult status'

'He should shut up we paid him a wage despite him knowing he is no longer a PL footballer'

I'm getting the feeling some justify the way Everton casted him out.

'He should shut up we paid him a wage despite him knowing he is no longer a PL footballer'

They will do, as by casting him out it has helped them on the way to becoming a world super power, unrivaled by all. Glass ceiling and all that.

tony hibbert. made many, many millions of £££ by playing for everton

probably more money than his talent was worth

one of those where the club have done more for him than the other way around I would suggest

Can't disagree with that, but you'd hope for some decency in the departure for someone who has been loyal to the course. Kelvin wasn't a PL star for us, but we didn't just cast him off - I'm sure people would have been pretty miffed if he was treated in the same way.

You must have missed the cult of Cortese turning on Matthew Le Tissier who on here was compared to a supermarket employee who was paid for his work at the time.

A similar situation at our club you'd find similar forum comments here.

We will miss Mané for sure but Lallana's play was excellent for Mané's goal.

Clyne, Lovren, Lallana and Mané in a side beating Barcelona at Wembley. I think within 2 years Mané will go to Barcelona or Madrid for 100 million. He's iimproving all the time and I'd have expected 20+ goals from him this season if we'd kept him. He could one day rival Bale as the best player we ever sold.

Clyne, Lovren, Lallana and Mané in a side beating Barcelona at Wembley. I think within 2 years Mané will go to Barcelona or Madrid for 100 million. He's iimproving all the time and I'd have expected 20+ goals from him this season if we'd kept him. He could one day rival Bale as the best player we ever sold.

That's a bold claim!

Agree that it will be very interesting watching his development. Shame it's a reason to to watch the Scousers with a sense of anticipation.