• Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Tadic
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Gardos
    • Long

Great defensive rearguard. Toby, Fonte and Targett excellent, Shame about the sending off meaning anither suspension for Morgan. Ref was a tit (as usual)!!

Ref had totally lost that game, it was long gone.

Should be sent into a darkened room for a week to watch all his cock ups for both sides. He didn't have a clue.

Apart from the one that should have been a penalty!

Would have been an unbelievably soft penalty - Fabregas was looking for it all day, and could easily have stayed in his feet. Looking for pens is part of Chelsea's MO when they can't break teams down.

Well I did not think it was a pen. Fab dragged his leg, not a dive, but not a pen.

GREAT RESULT! After watching Chelsea last week I thought they were going to rinse us. He defended well under pressure, Yoshi did a good job covering at right back and anyone who says he should of done better for the goal is a joke. Mane was impressive and Targett. One sour note, I just thought Pelle did not look interested and did little throughout the game. Need a new striker in the Jan transfer window to challenge him and get him earning his place.

That was a clear dive. Fabregas tapped it past Targett, then kicked his shin against him on the follow through. If he'd thought he had any chance of making something from the situation he'd have stayed on his feet. Fair play to the ref for booking him for the dive.

Just back from the game.

Great point. Feels like a win! I believe there is something wrong with the stadium clock as it felt like a very long 94 minutes.

We really had to dig in for that point and it was good to see.

I think Chelsea are the best team we've played this season at St Marys (as they were last season) so hats off to us.

Fonte my MOTM, though it could have been Targett or Toby just as easily. Yoshida did pretty well too considering he had Hazard running at him for an hour.

Morgan had to make that challenge. No blame there from me.

Mane took his goal brilliantly and had another good game. Made Terry look even slower than normal.

Not sure how Victor avoided a booking (unless I missed it). Put himself about a bit and he and Morgan both had good games. I think Davis has been below his usual high standard for the last couple of games but was tidy enough.

Tadic started the game well, faded badly in the second half and his dead ball delivery was woeful. Lots more to come from him next year.

Pelle worked hard again against probably the best pair of centre backs in the league. Chances were few and far between.

All in all a solid team performance and a well deserved point. 4th at the end of the year. Remind me who were favourites for relegation?

Happy Days. COYS!

Just back from the game.

Great point. Feels like a win! I believe there is something wrong with the stadium clock as it felt like a very long 94 minutes.

We really had to dig in for that point and it was good to see.

I think Chelsea are the best team we've played this season at St Marys (as they were last season) so hats off to us.

Fonte my MOTM, though it could have been Targett or Toby just as easily. Yoshida did pretty well too considering he had Hazard running at him for an hour.

Morgan had to make that challenge. No blame there from me.

Mane took his goal brilliantly and had another good game. Made Terry look even slower than normal.

Not sure how Victor avoided a booking (unless I missed it). Put himself about a bit and he and Morgan both had good games. I think Davis has been below his usual high standard for the last couple of games but was tidy enough.

Tadic started the game well, faded badly in the second half and his dead ball delivery was woeful. Lots more to come from him next year.

Pelle worked hard again against probably the best pair of centre backs in the league. Chances were few and far between.

All in all a solid team performance and a well deserved point. 4th at the end of the year. Remind me who were favourites for relegation?

Happy Days. COYS!

Agree with all of these points. Tadic needs to rediscover his form!

Very pleased with that point. At times we couldn't get near them and a winner for them seemed inevitable, so fair play for digging in and holding them at bay. Around the 80 minute mark we got a second wind, but with the sending off it was batten down the hatches.

Some great defensive performances out there today, particularly when you consider the calibre of the players they were up against.

Really missed Bertrand and Clyne (particularly going forward), although Yoshida & Targett did ok deputising.

Would have to say City for the title after seeing both teams, and Ivanovic really is a grade a #*#%. A great player, but ruins it with his play acting & histrionics.

Great point...feels like a win....sat in a pub in Newquay surrounded by Chelsea fans....incredibly brave defence today....last season I think we'd have caved in so huge credit to hang on there....Chelsea are a different class and have so many world-class players who can win a game by themselves, so a point against them is massive....thought the back four were outstanding and Gardos looked.solid when he came on, TA good but pulled out of making a block for the goal....MS took one for the team, fair play.....feel for Pèlle, no matter what he does he gets nothing from referees....today's ref was clearly intimidated by Chelsea and gave them everything, ****poor performance from him. Bit worried about lack of chances created by we shouldn't fear anyone in this league....#wemarchon

Ref was a blatant Chelsea rent boy, they were falling about all over the place and he was giving free kicks! Very happy with that result, would have if someone said we'd end our losing run with wins against Everton and Palace and a draw against Chelsea if have snapped their hands off!

Good performances out there today, found Pelle a bit anonymous and Tadic poor, but the defence played very well. Looking forward to Thursday, can definitely get a result against the Arse.

That was a clear dive. Fabregas tapped it past Targett, then kicked his shin against him on the follow through. If he'd thought he had any chance of making something from the situation he'd have stayed on his feet. Fair play to the ref for booking him for the dive.
Haven't seen a replay yet - but you seem to be in the minority with that assessment.

Ref was a blatant Chelsea rent boy, they were falling about all over the place and he was giving free kicks! Very happy with that result, would have if someone said we'd end our losing run with wins against Everton and Palace and a draw against Chelsea if have snapped their hands off!

Good performances out there today, found Pelle a bit anonymous and Tadic poor, but the defence played very well. Looking forward to Thursday, can definitely get a result against the Arse.

Jose doesn't agree with you:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30618119

Excellent point! Could even have been 3 points if we had clyne going up against hazard for their goal. Extremely hard to watch though as I kept having a nagging feeling at the back of the mind that we would give away a cheap goal right at the end in typical saints style. There was a run that targett made in the first half that reminded me so much of shaw, motm for me factoring in this being his first premier league start.

Defensively superb all over the pitch, that was a real battle and one we came out of with a well deserved point and our heads held high.

Targett was excellent, as was Alderweireld. Happy for Mane that he silenced the idiots again with a very well taken goal.

Shout out to the family in front who spent all game filming on their phones everytime the ball came towards us and then naffed off home on 78 minutes.

Great defensive display, but what has happened to Tadic. Early season he demanded the ball all game; now he goes hiding in games..

except the assist to make our goal

generally agree though, he's not the confident player that arrived here, lets hope its fitness or slight injury. great team performance and great organisation (and a little bit of luck) to get the point

Jose doesn't agree with you:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30618119

He was on Talk Sport saying he thought it was a penalty and was very sarcastic about the ref it happened right in front of us bloody dive all day long. Great all round team performance again today Davis stood out for me again today, two Chelsea supporters kicked out when they scored one of them was lucky not to get a slap gobby count.

Can't say I agree regarding ref, thought he gave decent account of himself. Didn't give them a penalty too, which made me happy considering fabregas making zero attempt to stay on his feet.

Apart from surprisingly standing his ground on the pen decision, and not giving us a couple of free kicks when Mane dived, (yet fell for virtually every single Chelsea fall), he was an all round crock of sh!te. Whistle Happy at the slightest contact to a Chelsea player, Pelle wasn't allowed within 2 feet of a defender without a foul being given FFS, it got to the stage where Chelsea were expecting a free kick at every challenge and cried like b!tches when then didn't get one.

I think Fabregas was looking for the Pen, but have seen them given for less, but if the coooonts didn't keep diving they may have been awarded it.

Our defence was magnificent in not lunging into tackles, knowing a Pen was always the likely outcome.

Can't say I agree regarding ref, thought he gave decent account of himself. Didn't give them a penalty too, which made me happy considering fabregas making zero attempt to stay on his feet.

I thought he was awful. Poor decisions for both teams throughout the whole game. How on earth did Ivanovic escape a booking when he pulled Long down in the second half? Very poor IMO.

I thought he was awful. Poor decisions for both teams throughout the whole game. How on earth did Ivanovic escape a booking when he pulled Long down in the second half? Very poor IMO.

Also poor lack of action from 4th official or lino's moments after Fabregas had been booked for the "dive"and over reaction/dissent to the pen decision, he whacked the ball into the crowd at the next decision that went our way. Defo another Yellow and he's off.

Very pleased I made the trip and got tickets.

Our team play the ball around and are comfortable in posession. Not used to seeing that.

Impressed with Toby, Jose, Maya and especially Mane.

Ref was sh*te and biased. He was protecting the Chelsea players. Mourinho can't complain, he shouldn't be telling his players to dive. Ivanovic's dive at the end of the first half was a disgrace.

What happened to Clyne, anyone ?

Also don't understand people paying 40 quid a ticket, coming to their seat 5mins into game, going out 5mins before end of first half, coming back again late, the leaving early. Sitting at the end of a row in Itchen North corner, I struggled to see anything for about 20 of the 90 mins.

Great defensive organisation, Pelle held the ball up well, Wanyama, Davis , JWP and Schneiderlin in amongst it and Mane's finish was class.

With both first choice full backs back we can give Arsenal a good go.

PS Well played Matt Targett, superb composed performance.

Clyne will miss Arse and ipswich according to the Echo. :(

On another note:

The difference in my opinion was we didn’t make stupid mistakes that we did against City and United." - R.K.

I think Ronald missed JWP's horrific back pass to Costa. :o

Very pleased I made the trip and got tickets.

Our team play the ball around and are comfortable in posession. Not used to seeing that.

Impressed with Toby, Jose, Maya and especially Mane.

Ref was sh*te and biased. He was protecting the Chelsea players. Mourinho can't complain, he shouldn't be telling his players to dive. Ivanovic's dive at the end of the first half was a disgrace.

What happened to Clyne, anyone ?

Also don't understand people paying 40 quid a ticket, coming to their seat 5mins into game, going out 5mins before end of first half, coming back again late, the leaving early. Sitting at the end of a row in Itchen North corner, I struggled to see anything for about 20 of the 90 mins.

Clyne got a deep cut on the front of his foot. I agree with you about ****s who arrive late and leave early, its selfish. Why should 20 people have to stand up and miss often key parts of the game because one or two think missing the traffic is more important.

For any bedwetters out there, Morgan is on the 555pm train from Soton to London with two very good looking women, his agent and lots of packed luggage.

Has at least shut up the Chelsea fans who seem a bit surprised he's travelling 2nd class!

Well hopefully he's just on the way to the Eurostar for a deserved break with his family...

An excellent performance by Koeman and the lads although Koeman's late substitution could have been a repeat of the Arsenal game. Matt Target is going to far exceed Shaw after being given a run of games. For me, Schneiderlin deliberately got sent off to ensure New Year in France. With Reed who needs him, let him bugger off and ensure we maintain 100% team spirit and effort.

I was worried how our limited squad would cope with those two games so close together, so to get 4 points from them is about as good as we could have expected really.

Didn't get to watch the game today, but it I've seen the highlights and it sounds like we deserved to get the draw by restricting Chelsea to only one shot on target.

No surprise to see Moanrinho complaining about the non-penalty, but the ref got it spot on IMO. There was contact but Fabregas was clearly already falling over by the time he collided with Targett.

Bring on the Arse!

Edited by Sheaf Saint
Bloody auto-correct.

An excellent performance by Koeman and the lads although Koeman's late substitution could have been a repeat of the Arsenal game. Matt Target is going to far exceed Shaw after being given a run of games. For me, Schneiderlin deliberately got sent off to ensure New Year in France. With Reed who needs him, let him bugger off and ensure we maintain 100% team spirit and effort.

Really? It looked distinctly like he made a tackle he had to in order to prevent a break away goal and took one for the team. No chance he did it deliberately.

Interesting that someone has voted for Clyne (not me). Bit unfair on Yoshida to leave him out of the MotM poll. He was completely ****ged when he was subbed, its one thing being a CB but trying to do the RB role these days is a whole different experience - thought he put in a very good effort until the fitness issue told, though he was partly at fault for the goal.

Thought that was a great result today, but till came away disappointed that we probably could have won if we had not switched off just before HT. Referee was a complete berk today, Jose moaning there is a conspiracy takes the biscuit when they were playing with 12 men in the first half. Evened up the cock-ups a bit in the 2nd.

Have to disagree with those saying Morgan had to take the 2nd yellow for the team, sorry but he really didn't. He may have thought he did but we had adequate cover. Still we played well against Everton without him, and think if we go 3-5-2 again we can cope without him again (play McCarthy at RWB).

Mane great first half, not sure he was still on the pitch 2nd half. Tadic was awful after the first 20 minutes or so. Pelle was frustrated that the imbecile ref took a dislike to him and penalised him every time he breathed. He is poor sometimes at holding the ball up, today was one of those days. Davis was good, but he has been off the boil a bit for the last couple of games. Back 4 were tremendous, Target was great but he does need to learn to deliver the ball accurately after doing the defending bit so well, its a matter of experience, otherwise he looks a great prospect. Victor was excellent again, thank goodness Kenya are not very good. Forster was reasonably solid, though he still managed a ball juggling wobbly in the 2nd half, but really not too much to do again. JWP is an enigma, he really does not bring much to the team at the moment apart from set pieces, he seems unable or unwilling to tackle, and is very slow to get out of the pen area to clear his lines - he will be very good, but just not convinced by him right now. Also thought Fabregas dived, or at least went down rather easily, never had any concerns it was a penalty, despite what the **** Jose M thinks.

Great link, thanks! Fabregas clearly looking for that and left his foot in, as some others have already pointed out. Must admit when I saw the Mourinho quotes I thought it would be a clear pen but having seen that good reffing imo. (Couldn't see incident from block2.)

Chelsea fans were some of the quietest this season,very poor support and hardly any songs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk