Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

If he wants to price himself out of staying then thats up to him, flog him and we'll get someone in our wage bracket. No point breaking the clubs structure just because of another greedy footballer. You'd have thought they would learn after seeing others fail.

Not many footballers these days think like that unfortunately. Greed plus massive ego equals no way will I fail mentality.

i know it's rose coloured spectacles view but if you were a defender playing under one of the best defenders of the last 30 years why would you want to leave and not have him coach you and teach you how to become a better player ? That's the footballers mentality that I don't understand.

Not many footballers these days think like that unfortunately. Greed plus massive ego equals no way will I fail mentality.

i know it's rose coloured spectacles view but if you were a defender playing under one of the best defenders of the last 30 years why would you want to leave and not have him coach you and teach you how to become a better player ? That's the footballers mentality that I don't understand.

£££££££££

Unfortunately Clyne has already shown himself to be one who will sit and get the club nothing when he left Palace for free. Get rid asap if he's not signing

£££££££££

Unfortunately Clyne has already shown himself to be one who will sit and get the club nothing when he left Palace for free. Get rid asap if he's not signing

There is nothing wrong with fulfilling your contract and moving on. Forcing a move in violation of your contract is a different matter.

Edited by Redslo

If he wants to price himself out of staying then thats up to him, flog him and we'll get someone in our wage bracket. No point breaking the clubs structure just because of another greedy footballer. You'd have thought they would learn after seeing others fail.

With you on this. Although Lovren has got more than he deserves, lala is starting to come good. Rickie and Shaw are enjoying retirement and Chambers is earning a fortune for putting in an average days work.

Who exactly has failed ? They are all at bigger clubs on more money.

Listen, I am very happy we have done what we have, it puts all the pressure on Clyne as opposed to it being the other way around. He is a great player, and we should be offering a top wage of around 70-80k IMO (considering the TV deal and our top 4 'ambition'). If he isnt interested then we need to get as much as we can and get an adequate replacement (im not sure trippier is)

Listen, I am very happy we have done what we have, it puts all the pressure on Clyne as opposed to it being the other way around. He is a great player, and we should be offering a top wage of around 70-80k IMO (considering the TV deal and our top 4 'ambition'). If he isnt interested then we need to get as much as we can and get an adequate replacement (im not sure trippier is)

They have failed in the eyes of those who love football , not money.... i could have earned £150K plus a year for the last decade but decided not to so I could be involved in my kids growing up.... I love some things more than money..... just one example....

So, a 10 day ultimatum. That should be as successful as it was with Cork. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if he decides to go good luck to him. I agree with Redslo, Nathan will have fulfilled most of his contract and played well for us, and Saints will make good money if he leaves in the summer. I certainly will have much more respect for him than Lovren, Shaw and Chambers.

They have failed in the eyes of those who love football , not money.... i could have earned £150K plus a year for the last decade but decided not to so I could be involved in my kids growing up.... I love some things more than money..... just one example....

Yes but some people are different, if I wanted I could earn near that, the contractors I hire are on over £1000 a day price and you dont even want to know about per hour and I do as much if not more. Its been offered, but I like my flexibility.

All that is irrelevant though, they are playing for bigger clubs with a higher chance of success and silverware, Lambert is the only one that you could say made a poor decision but in a way it was different due to the opportunity of him playing for his boyhood club

Yes but some people are different, if I wanted I could earn near that, the contractors I hire are on over £1000 a day price and you dont even want to know about per hour and I do as much if not more. Its been offered, but I like my flexibility.

All that is irrelevant though, they are playing for bigger clubs with a higher chance of success and silverware, Lambert is the only one that you could say made a poor decision but in a way it was different due to the opportunity of him playing for his boyhood club

From the sounds of it you're already on a tidy wage but like the way your life is going.

£££££££££

There is also the chance to win silerware consistently and Champions League football. We can't compete om that front in addition to the wages.

It's about time this myth was put to bed.

Saints wanted rid and Brenda took the bait ........

I'll do not blowing anyone up for £350 a day. That Roboze is only in it for the ££.Me, I would put my heart and soul into not blowing people up.

I didn't blow anyone up today. Where do I get my 350 quids?

And as they grow up, your kids will ask "Daddy, how come we can't have nice things?"

Yes but you also ned to know that at some stage, the clubs will want a return in some form. They don't buy players, give them shed loads of money, and keep doing it for year on year and be happy with them sat on the bench? Managers change, others become disenchanted, clubs sometime need cash, and no matter how much you cost, if you aint done anyhting of note in a season, no one will shell out more to buy you.

I can assure you Im on nowhere near the contractors wage, but yes Im happy. Money isnt everything.

I was told the same thing by my 8 year old son , I could change jobs and not quite double my wages but it'll mean working away and not having him Thursday nights ! Some things money can't buy

Not really bothered if he goes if I'm honest,a decent enough player but has recently looked average,probably distracted by transfer talk and contracts.get the deal done early,get a replacement in early and all will be good.

He has not played to full capacity in his last few games and does not seem to go around his man to get to the by-line to cross anymore. I think you are probably correct in that he is distracted by all the talk/negotiations.

I was told the same thing by my 8 year old son , I could change jobs and not quite double my wages but it'll mean working away and not having him Thursday nights ! Some things money can't buy

You could more than double it Simo

But yeah you are right mate. There is more to life than money.

And as they grow up, your kids will ask "Daddy, how come we can't have nice things?"

All depends how you raise them. Money isn't everything.. Although if your lucky and can combine a great lifestyle with money then hats off to you.... and I hate you :lol: :D

And your kids will ask, 'Where's/Who's Daddy?' :rolleyes:

If I have any kids they must be asking that because their mothers never notified me.

To be fair thought, there is only one woman I did not see again during the relevant time period so it is probably not an issue.

Also, I should mention my initial comment was a joke. I also made similar career decisions albeit without kids to influence the decision and I make enough to have many of the nice things I would buy if I had unlimited money. Basically, all I really miss are the politicians I could buy here in American if I were rich enough.

Edited by Redslo

Best raid the Dutch leagues now while we still can. This time next year we'll have more Dutch managers in the PL than the Eredivisie.

I guess you're being ironic here but as your "dutch scout" I can truly say that there is no dutch rightback with any talent right now that will make it in the PL. It's getting worse and worse, even van der Wiel gets a chance now in the national team and this guy doen't know sh*t about defending. There isn't even one Ullie van Gobbel anymore...

Not really bothered if he goes if I'm honest,a decent enough player but has recently looked average,probably distracted by transfer talk and contracts.get the deal done early,get a replacement in early and all will be good.

I go along with this, he's not irreplaceable, and if his heart isn't in it then he can bugger off. Unfortunately though we don't have a track record of getting the replacements in early, if we did then ideally I'd like Byram or Trippier signed up by the end of May to report back with the rest, but the liklihood is their agents will want them to wait for that bid from Liverpool or whatever that they can sort whilst the player is on holiday.

Expect another summer of angst.

Good player but if the fee is anywhere near the £25m some papers are quoting then take it and spend some of it on Trippier.

Given his contract situation I dount it will be near £20m, probably nearer £15m from one article. Perhaps we can hope for a Chelsea/Man U bidding war.

Slight deja vu coming on here, Chambers, Shaw and Lallana all had 3 or 4 years to run on "recently" signed contracts, as did Morgan. Don't know about SRL or Lovren but guessing they still had a few years to run.

End of the day Contracts with football players don't seem to be worth the paper they are written on if the player wants to leave, although at least we squeezed another season out of Morgan! But it does put the club at an advantage in pushing for a decent fee, rather than letting a contract run out and end up with nothing. Who knows, maybe Clynne will let his run out and be in a great bargining position in getting himself (and agent :x) a big pay day, or have any new contract include a get out clause if anybody comes in with an agreed fee.

Christ, really not looking forward to the summer break. Don't even have a World Cup to distract us this year, although that was in part probably a big influence on our players getting so much attention and being bigged up and believing all the praise they got through the season.

It's just a standard reply, of course he says he's happy here. He may well be, but I'm sure like most players he would be happier at one of the biggest clubs in the world, playing CL and doubling his money.He's gone, as is Morgan. Let's deal with it and move on. Take £20 million and sign Trippier for less than half of that.

It's just a standard reply, of course he says he's happy here. He may well be, but I'm sure like most players he would be happier at one of the biggest clubs in the world, playing CL and doubling his money.He's gone, as is Morgan. Let's deal with it and move on. Take £20 million and sign Trippier for less than half of that.
Trippier is a class act and would be a great replacement for clyne.

Slight deja vu coming on here, Chambers, Shaw and Lallana all had 3 or 4 years to run on "recently" signed contracts, as did Morgan. Don't know about SRL or Lovren but guessing they still had a few years to run.

End of the day Contracts with football players don't seem to be worth the paper they are written on if the player wants to leave, although at least we squeezed another season out of Morgan! But it does put the club at an advantage in pushing for a decent fee, rather than letting a contract run out and end up with nothing. Who knows, maybe Clynne will let his run out and be in a great bargining position in getting himself (and agent :x) a big pay day, or have any new contract include a get out clause if anybody comes in with an agreed fee.

Christ, really not looking forward to the summer break. Don't even have a World Cup to distract us this year, although that was in part probably a big influence on our players getting so much attention and being bigged up and believing all the praise they got through the season.

Interesting after Roy wanting our players to play for bigger clubs that the ones remaining made more England appearances this season than the ones who left!