Charlie Austin Speculation

Saint-Armstrong

Do not delude yourselves, if Austin had Newcastle or Southampton to choose, Newcatle would still be seen as the 'big' club to go to. Not my opinion but the opinion of most in football.

I would love to land Austin, but also Inges would be a fantastic signing.

Do not delude yourselves, if Austin had Newcastle or Southampton to choose, Newcatle would still be seen as the 'big' club to go to. Not my opinion but the opinion of most in football.

Think you are wrong there mate, Newcastle have been a joke club for nigh on a decade. Id be surprised if any young aspiring English talent chose them over us, considering the media love-in we have experienced in regards to developing players over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

Also, who the **** wants to live in Newcastle? It's hideous

Edited by Plastic

Lol at you telling others they are deluded. Who is Inges too?

Are you ok? Firstly Newcastle would be seen as one of the biggest joke clubs in football, they can't even attract a half decent manager let alone players.. Secondly ings? Are you sure? Is it still half term?

Newcastle are on a downward curve arm and look rudderless

We are flying with a good manager and a solid core of players

But money talks, and if Newcastle get a top drawer manager in I can see Austin going there

Depends on whether you think McLaren is a top drawer manager.

lol Vardy shouldn't be near the England team, he's a lower league striker that's scored a few tap ins and had a bit of good form for the last couple of months of the season.

No way I'd want him in our team, he's essentially a Jay Rod without ability i.e just runs quite fast and works hard.

lol Vardy shouldn't be near the England team, he's a lower league striker that's scored a few tap ins and had a bit of good form for the last couple of months of the season.

No way I'd want him in our team, he's essentially a Jay Rod without ability i.e just runs quite fast and works hard.

Bit like an English Shane Long I think.

Then don't state it as fact.

Quick reminder of Forum protocols for you: every single thing posted is an opinon, unless it is a fact. The latter should have some supporting evidence to accompany it, but is always easy to spot because it includes the word FACT.

Edited by Bucks Saint
Spelling fail

Quick reminder of Forum protocols for you: every single thing posted is an opinon, unless it is a fact. The latter should have some aupporting evidence to accompany it, but is always easy to spot because it includes the word FACT.

FACT?

Then don't state it as fact.

Where exactly did I do that then? Anyone summarising a players capability is always going to be an opinion. Unless you require everyone with an opinion to open their post saying so just for your convenience?

I think if we bought Austin and kept Pelle that's good business. But you'd be naive if you thought that Pelle would be delighted seeing a similar to him kind of player joining on a big fee and wages...He's been picked again for the Italian squad so who knows what tapping up is going on there. The chance to "finally" prove himself in Italy might be hard to resist- particularly if it was at a prestigious Italian club steeped in history. All the big Italian teams are looking for marquee strikers at low cost - he would fit the bill nicely at Lazio, Roma, Inter and Milan for instance, even Napoli if they ditch Higuain - if they could afford the wages that is, which they might do if he was a low fee....so be prepared if we buy Austin we might see Pelle move on.

If not - well ~ We have Sam G coming back this season as well which gives another big guy option up front plus the return of Jrod, the workrate reliability of Shane Long and possibly Ryan Seager's goal scoring will get a chance as well. Sadio Mane will be our most feared forward next season so perming three from them means we should have enough including the additional EL matches.

Where exactly did I do that then? Anyone summarising a players capability is always going to be an opinion. Unless you require everyone with an opinion to open their post saying so just for your convenience?

In my opinion, that would be a good idea, in my opinion.

I think if we bought Austin and kept Pelle that's good business. But you'd be naive if you thought that Pelle would be delighted seeing a similar to him kind of player joining on a big fee and wages...He's been picked again for the Italian squad so who knows what tapping up is going on there. The chance to "finally" prove himself in Italy might be hard to resist- particularly if it was at a prestigious Italian club steeped in history. All the big Italian teams are looking for marquee strikers at low cost - he would fit the bill nicely at Lazio, Roma, Inter and Milan for instance, even Napoli if they ditch Higuain - if they could afford the wages that is, which they might do if he was a low fee....so be prepared if we buy Austin we might see Pelle move on.

If not - well ~ We have Sam G coming back this season as well which gives another big guy option up front plus the return of Jrod, the workrate reliability of Shane Long and possibly Ryan Seager's goal scoring will get a chance as well. Sadio Mane will be our most feared forward next season so perming three from them means we should have enough including the additional EL matches.

In my opinion, Pellè will stay regardless of who we buy. In my opinion.

Yep, a bit too pedantic of me, apologies.

Think you are wrong there mate, Newcastle have been a joke club for nigh on a decade. Id be surprised if any young aspiring English talent chose them over us, considering the media love-in we have experienced in regards to developing players over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

Also, who the **** wants to live in Newcastle? It's hideous

Just me that sees the irony in your last sentence? Given you appear to live in Eastleigh. I think I'd take Grey Street, Newcastle over Eastleigh High Street thanks. If you think Newcastle is hideous you clearly are a fool. Southampton has nothing over Newcastle as a city that would appeal to a young football player earning lots of money. Better football team aside.

Just me that sees the irony in your last sentence? Given you appear to live in Eastleigh. I think I'd take Grey Street, Newcastle over Eastleigh High Street thanks. If you think Newcastle is hideous you clearly are a fool. Southampton has nothing over Newcastle as a city that would appeal to a young football player earning lots of money. Better football team aside.

Does Southampton have better weather? I honestly do not know but I am curious.

Anyone else not really that fussed if we sign Austin or not? All seems quite speculative at this stage rather than confirmed offers having gone in (from anyone) too.

I'm quite excited about it tbh but trust you to try and put a downer on it as usual.

And closer to London, which really is the place that would interest a young football player earning lots of money. 70 miles vs 300 miles. It's close enough to have a night out there and get your driver to drop you back home.

Anyone else not really that fussed if we sign Austin or not? All seems quite speculative at this stage rather than confirmed offers having gone in (from anyone) too.

Saints Charlie you are the classic personal a sunny day to say "it's going to cloud over later".

I'm quite excited about it tbh but trust you to try and put a downer on it as usual.

If I was a pro, I'm not sure that Newcastle would be a club that I would sign for. Ignore the fact that I am a Southerner and more than happy where I live, the ownership and ambitions have been sorely lacking in recent years. Will it change with the appointment of McClaren? Will funds be given to rebuild and push on? Both those are questionable and would you take the risk? What isn't in doubt is the stadium and fan base that are tip top.

If I was a pro, I'm not sure that Newcastle would be a club that I would sign for. Ignore the fact that I am a Southerner and more than happy where I live, the ownership and ambitions have been sorely lacking in recent years. Will it change with the appointment of McClaren? Will funds be given to rebuild and push on? Both those are questionable and would you take the risk? What isn't in doubt is the stadium and fan base that are tip top.

No-one joins Newcastle to achieve something in the team. You join because you get a great Premier League wage and they have a history of not standing in the way of players who wish to leave. And the North-East is a great place to live too.

Newcastle would be a good move for Charlie Austin on the presumption he sees it as a stepping stone to better things, not a final destination.

If we are seriously interested in Austin (which i have my doubts about) i cannot honestly see why if he has the choice between us and Newcastle he would choose them. Newcastle....seriously badly run club, a club not going anywhere, hardly an inspiring choice of new manager, no European football and in the other corner we have Southampton!!!...enough said. If he doesn't come here i don't believe we were interested.

No-one joins Newcastle to achieve something in the team. You join because you get a great Premier League wage and they have a history of not standing in the way of players who wish to leave. And the North-East is a great place to live too.

Newcastle would be a good move for Charlie Austin on the presumption he sees it as a stepping stone to better things, not a final destination.

I suppose it would make sense if he joined us after Newcastle then... :p

You're right, Newcastle certainly isn't hideous, but Southampton's proximity to London is a definite advantage, players spend plenty of time up there, the fact it can be done in an hour makes it easily accessible.

You're right, Newcastle certainly isn't hideous, but Southampton's proximity to London is a definite advantage, players spend plenty of time up there, the fact it can be done in an hour makes it easily accessible.

Especially as Austin currently lives in London (I presume). The only team I'd be worried about getting him over us is Spurs, be so much easier for him to go there but I'm fairly confident we can sign him if a deal can be struck with QPR, probably something in the region of £12m.