Injury Watch

Roger

On 17/01/2021 at 10:14, Chris cooper said:

I think vesty might be on his way out .. identical to the vvd scenario.. no info spells trouble for me .. i suspect the debt we are in ings and jwp could also be on the way out in the summer .. Bertie may sign see his career out here but maybe he will have to take a drop in wages .. as for salisu my guess is the excuse he doesn’t like the weather is lame .. don’t think he’ll play for us IMO .. hope I’m wrong cos Stephens again last night was found wanting .. bad decisions again .. glad we have 29 points as Ralph stated last night .. that statement told me everything about the rest of our nearly season .

More posts like this Chris and you'll on your way out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

The concern with KWP is what Ralph referred to last week, not being able to use the recovery facilities because of Covid. What would have been an innocuous muscle problem pre Covid now becomes potentially a longer term issue as with Romeu etc. 

I appreciate footballers get some really bad injuries, like the one noted earlier in this thread, but sometimes I have to wonder if they generally are a bit soft.  Admittedly I can only speak from my own experience in rugby, but often we got some bad knocks during a game and tried run them off.  A broken nose was nothing. Then there were some crazy extremes like this if anybody's interested:

https://www.theversed.com/10170/his-scrotum-burst-open-and-he-still-refused-to-leave-the-field/#.P2wbdUk9Tw

Having said that, I played a couple of seasons of football after I finished rugby and remember the aching legs I had sometimes after a match that never happened before.

1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

I appreciate footballers get some really bad injuries, like the one noted earlier in this thread, but sometimes I have to wonder if they generally are a bit soft.  Admittedly I can only speak from my own experience in rugby, but often we got some bad knocks during a game and tried run them off.  A broken nose was nothing. Then there were some crazy extremes like this if anybody's interested:

https://www.theversed.com/10170/his-scrotum-burst-open-and-he-still-refused-to-leave-the-field/#.P2wbdUk9Tw

Having said that, I played a couple of seasons of football after I finished rugby and remember the aching legs I had sometimes after a match that never happened before.

Partly this is due to the extreme value of the players and the possible long term ramifications that can happen when people play when carrying an injury.

For example Walker Peters might turn around and say he wants to play but the club would never let him because of the risk the injury will be aggravated and they'll end up missing 5 games instead of one. 

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

KWP has done his hamstring and will be out for a while. Excellent. The amount of hamstring injuries we've suffered this season is absolutely crazy. 

The amount of games hasn't helped. When playing a game every 3 days you're always running the risk that players returning from injury will have a recurrence.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2021 at 16:06, Trout-Tickler said:

The amount of games hasn't helped. When playing a game every 3 days you're always running the risk that players returning from injury will have a recurrence.

Was KWP's original injury a hamstring?  I didn't think it was.  In any case, I dread when he's out of the team.  Such a key player.