Injury Watch

Roger

23 hours ago, eurosaint said:

Not surprised to hear this as he was decidedly lacklustre last Friday night and really didn't look fit almost from the start ☹️

He definitely wasn't 100% and it didn't help that Villa left a few late challenges on him. Ref didn't offer much protection. 

1 hour ago, eurosaint said:

Broja and Bednarek not in their international squads so most likely injured and perhaps doubtful for the Norwich game !

Redmond and JWP are both sick (Covid??) so we could be a bit short come Saturday's game !!

Possibly Bednarek was being rested as they were playing Andorra and play Hungary midweek when they will want their strongest side.

12 minutes ago, waylander said:

Possibly Bednarek was being rested as they were playing Andorra and play Hungary midweek when they will want their strongest side.

'Rested' players still get routinely named on the bench in the match day squad for internationals though, don't they? In other words, once a country has named a squad for an international break, players don't get dropped from the squad, per se, unless they are injured or ill....?

Edited by trousers

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Not sure we can really rely on these quotes from Ralph. Last week everyone was good to go, then Redders, Stu and Djenepo didn't make it. Not saying he was telling porkies, but the delay between the presser and the match is such that really they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Edited by VectisSaint

12 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Not sure we can really rely on these quotes from Ralph. Last week everyone was good to go, then Redders, Stu and Djenepo didn't make it. Not saying he was telling porkies, but the delay between the presser and the match is such that really they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Wasn’t Redmond recently pregnant?

28 minutes ago, trousers said:

Wonder why was he named on the bench today if ruled out yesterday...? Simple admin error or 'something else'...?

(Conspiracy theorists of the world unite...)

No wonder Kegs wants to leave if injured players are ahead of him in the pecking order :) 

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

Oh my…

He's shit anyway and costs us the game every week, according to some. So we won't miss him when he's out, right?

We're in an awful place now. Needed at least 4 points (pref. 6) from these two games. Just 2 puts us deep, deep in the shit, in my opinion. (with injuries, suspensions and a nasty run of fixtures). Looking like an amazing Christmas for everyone.

16 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Didn't Lewis make his only senior start against Arsenal? We got hammered - and he was crap.

Who are we playing next?

was that the 0-5 game at home in the FA Cup? One of the worst top flight sides we have ever put out:

Lewis

Martina Stephens Gardo McQueen

Hoj Reed Clasie

Sims Long Isgrove

Lewis looked massively out of his depth, but t was four years a ago, so hopefully he has matured. He'll get a bit more protection, but the Arsenal side will be better too.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

was that the 0-5 game at home in the FA Cup? One of the worst top flight sides we have ever put out:

Lewis

Martina Stephens Gardo McQueen

Hoj Reed Clasie

Sims Long Isgrove

Lewis looked massively out of his depth, but t was four years a ago, so hopefully he has matured. He'll get a bit more protection, but the Arsenal side will be better too.

I don't think Lewis has got any better. he doesn't paly for the B Team anymore, he was dropped in favour of Bycroft? (i think). They kept shipping too many goals with Lewis in there.

I'd be tempted to give Bycroft a crack (if we can) and forget the Lewis experiment. But I reckon you'll see us get an emergency loan in before the weekend...

16 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Didn't Lewis make his only senior start against Arsenal? We got hammered - and he was crap.

Who are we playing next?

No, he has made 3 appearances for Saints, all in the FA Cup, his debut was away to Norwich which was drawn 2-2 (he conceded a penalty). He has also played 39 times on loan at Dundee Utd (Scottish Championship, Cups etc).

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't think Lewis has got any better. he doesn't paly for the B Team anymore, he was dropped in favour of Bycroft? (i think). They kept shipping too many goals with Lewis in there.

I'd be tempted to give Bycroft a crack (if we can) and forget the Lewis experiment. But I reckon you'll see us get an emergency loan in before the weekend...

Which begs the question, why after 4 years is he still with the club?

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Drawing from that the weekend game is avoiding a hiding but Fraser might be ready for the games after that. If Cabarello looks in decent nick I’d keep him on until the end of the season, start with Fraser, try and develop Bycroft and loan out McCarthy out until his contract expires. Park the keeper the situation until the takeover, Alex has cost too many points already this season. When is Lewis’s contract up? Might be a L2 or National League side somewhere with a similar crisis where he can actually play. 

Our three main strikers (who don’t score much anyway) are now all injured, both our keepers are injured and our saviour (according to some loons) Stuart Armstrong is still injured. This is the season we go down in my opinion, the manager looks lost, the thick players look clueless and they all just recycle the same shit week in week out. Start prepping for the Championship everyone, because this time it’s happening. Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Our three main strikers (who don’t score much anyway) are now all injured, both our keepers are injured and our saviour (according to some loons) Stuart Armstrong is still injured. This is the season we go down in my opinion, the manager looks lost, the thick players look clueless and they all just recycle the same shit week in week out. Start prepping for the Championship everyone, because this time it’s happening. Feel free to tell me why I’m wrong. 

You're not wrong. We're done. Ralph was done last season but stayed and look at us now. Sure, we've got injuries everywhere, but those that we have look like they have no idea what's going on at the moment, and after 20 mins or so yesterday, looked like they didn't want to be out there. Staying up looks to be a challenge. 

I'm guessing it'll be Redmond up top with one of Tella, Long or Walcott over the next few games. Fuck. 

I'd like to see the lad Olaigbe given a go personally but can't see it happening.