Injury Watch

Roger

2 hours ago, saintant said:

Possible dislocation and could be out for up to 8 weeks I heard.

Think the manager said it could be 24 hours, could be 8 weeks - they just don't know.

The trouble with shoulder dislocations - and Theo Walcott and Charlie Austin can testify - is often once it's happened the first time, a weakness remains and makes it prone to popping out repeatedly.

Surgery then becomes the only remedy - and the recovery period is months.

Really hope it's just a freak one off.

Tino, KWP, ABK and Lavia. All defensive minded starters missing. AMN will obviously have to fill in at RB but he’s not available for the Arsenal game. We’ve been very unfortunate that all of our injuries are in defensive positions and are all long term. 

• Like 1

What a massive blow for KWP.

With Trent being dodgy, Reece James being injured, he had a chance of a WC shout.

Hopefully we don't miss these guys too much what with the world cup in the middle, so there's only a handful of games. Still shit though.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

With Trent being dodgy, Reece James being injured, he had a chance of a WC shout.

Hopefully we don't miss these guys too much what with the world cup in the middle, so there's only a handful of games. Still shit though.

He really didn’t, not with Southgate in charge.

7 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Tino, KWP, ABK and Lavia. All defensive minded starters missing. AMN will obviously have to fill in at RB but he’s not available for the Arsenal game. We’ve been very unfortunate that all of our injuries are in defensive positions and are all long term. 

I get the feeling that we’ve made an agreement with him that he won’t be played at full back. Nothing to support this, just an opinion. When at Arsenal and looking at loan moves he stated he really wanted to play in midfield.

This is what the Athletic reported that Sam Allardyce said about him from him loan spell all West Brom: Despite being an admirer of Maitland-Niles’ qualities as a box-to-box midfielder, the West Brom manager admitted that: “If I were him, I’d play wherever the manager picked me — and I’d never turn it down because if you can play in a number of positions, then you are going to get more games than if you had one position and one position only.”

Sounds like he just might have refused to play full back before.

Edited by The Kraken

13 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Like the offside goal in the cup final? A goal that should have been historic?

Waits with bated breath.........

So sick of hearing about that goal. We don't know how that would have affected the game, there's every chance United would have got all pumped up by it and thrashed us. How many times have we gone 1-0 up against United and not won? Technically, by the letter of the law the linesman was right to disallow it, my gripe was just that had it been the other way around, there's no way it would have been disallowed. Since 2010, we've had more good luck than bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

So sick of hearing about that goal. We don't know how that would have affected the game, there's every chance United would have got all pumped up by it and thrashed us. How many times have we gone 1-0 up against United and not won? Technically, by the letter of the law the linesman was right to disallow it, my gripe was just that had it been the other way around, there's no way it would have been disallowed. Since 2010, we've had more good luck than bad.

Well said sir. Even if that ‘goal’ had been allowed to stand it would have been less likely that he’d have scored the one that he did soon after. A team like Manchester United adapts to events.

We lost because we let in three goals. No amount of VAR would have affected those.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Kraken said:

I get the feeling that we’ve made an agreement with him that he won’t be played at full back. Nothing to support this, just an opinion. When at Arsenal and looking at loan moves he stated he really wanted to play in midfield.

This is what the Athletic reported that Sam Allardyce said about him from him loan spell all West Brom: Despite being an admirer of Maitland-Niles’ qualities as a box-to-box midfielder, the West Brom manager admitted that: “If I were him, I’d play wherever the manager picked me — and I’d never turn it down because if you can play in a number of positions, then you are going to get more games than if you had one position and one position only.”

Sounds like he just might have refused to play full back before.

This was supposedly the reason he didn’t join us on loan at the time, opting for WBA and relegation. However, I think he did say in his joining interview for Saints that he would be willing to play wherever needed to help the team. Think we were hoping he had matured a bit… I guess we will find out at Palace. We literally have nobody else so he has to play there!

Lavia didn’t train at the open session I saw him walk though the car park at the end. 

I also had a chat with ABK and he said the shoulder is good and he felt ok. Just unsure when he will return.

Edited by St Lej
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2022 at 14:51, S-Clarke said:

When Ralph said KWP will be out a long time, what did he mean? 5 or 6 weeks or five or six months?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Has anyone heard/seen anything on Tino? Having him back could be a shot in the arm, but it's entirely possible that I'm clutching at straws.

all I’ve been told is that he was on track as expected. I was expecting him to be back involved after the World Cup so maybe we’ll see him involved in the B team at some point in the coming weeks

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

all I’ve been told is that he was on track as expected. I was expecting him to be back involved after the World Cup so maybe we’ll see him involved in the B team at some point in the coming weeks

They play tonight so we might find out…

33 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Has anyone heard/seen anything on Tino? Having him back could be a shot in the arm, but it's entirely possible that I'm clutching at straws.

I was wondering if we were keeping him back for the cup games, and introducing him there. We'll find out soon I guess.

Also find out about ABK soon, I saw some murmurings on twitter that he'd done his ACL. No idea if that's true.

9 minutes ago, Hawkswood said:

Medial strain, no rupture but they were very worried at first.

May be a blessing and force us to abandon the 3 CBs for the forthcoming games, because he cant start Lyanco again after his recent calamities....surely not

Sounds like those rumours were true that Tino had injured his other leg. I wonder how much longer this keeps him out for? Big shame as he would have been back any game now otherwise. He must be so frustrated.

Edited by goodymatt
Spelling