Injury Watch

Roger

1 hour ago, DT said:

Is Stuart Armstrong's 'calf injury' the worst of its kind ever? Or is it a smokescreen for him having had a falling out with Ralph? Just a thought.

Vincent Kompany spent around three years struggling to come back from a calf problem. He'd return for a couple of weeks and then be out for months again.

It's not a good injury to have - can be extremely difficult to "cure".

2 hours ago, DT said:

Is Stuart Armstrong's 'calf injury' the worst of its kind ever? Or is it a smokescreen for him having had a falling out with Ralph? Just a thought.

Something not right about this injury. Funny how it miraculously cleared up for the Scotland games but then flared up again immediately afterwards.

On 14/12/2021 at 19:00, Teddeer said:

Something not right about this injury. Funny how it miraculously cleared up for the Scotland games but then flared up again immediately afterwards.

He was playing for us before the Scotland games. Not the first time Scotland have mismanaged him and he’s come back crocked. So I don’t see a conspiracy.

On 14/12/2021 at 18:35, qwertyell said:

Vincent Kompany spent around three years struggling to come back from a calf problem. He'd return for a couple of weeks and then be out for months again.

It's not a good injury to have - can be extremely difficult to "cure".

Indeed. One of the main issue is it often "feels" better so you run on it again and it goes again. Horrible injury. Mine only full recovered when I gave up exercise (prioritised supporting the hospitality industry) for a good 6 months.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2021 at 23:06, Baird of the land said:

He was playing for us before the Scotland games. Not the first time Scotland have mismanaged him and he’s come back crocked. So I don’t see a conspiracy.

Ralph hasn't spoken to him for two weeks. Is this normal for someone who is supposedly close to a return (not to mention so key to our attacking prowess)? I sniff something a bit odd here

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Hard to say whether it would have made a difference with this particular injury but I can't help feeling that we have pushed Tino too far with too many games for such a young player.

It seemed pretty clear that he was tired in some of the games in recent months so ought to have been given a rest, particularly given that we did have decent backup with KWP and Perraud in the squad to cover full back positions.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Good to see him back! This 'break' has probably done him the world of good. Looking forward to seeing him back out there, but I'm still very intrigued to see him play in front of KWP....

I know this is a well mentioned thing, but it’s SO good to have 2 fullbacks in each position 😁

9 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I know this is a well mentioned thing, but it’s SO good to have 2 fullbacks in each position 😁

This time last year we'd just loaned out Valery and Vokins, which left us with KWP and Bertrand as our only full backs!

Now we have Tino, KWP, Perruad, Valery and Small on our books. The club said they were focused on adding to the full back area's, and they delivered on that! That's why I have real confidence in the summer window as it seems as if we have a well thought out plan for how we evolve this squad...bit by bit.

• Like 3

With Fraser Forster in goal it's like the 2015/16 season again. He is such an inspiration to the whole team.  It's a sobering thought that if McCarthy had still been in goal, we'd probably have lost 4-1 today. The midfield of Armstorng, Ward-Prowse, Romeu and Elyounoussi is more than a match for any team in the league. Broja and Adams up front are getting better and better too and you expect them to score in every game. Walcott not even on the bench was a relief too. 

Ralph has got his best XI playing brilliantly and they can beat anyone. This could well be our year to win the FA Cup again, as long as that forst XI doesn't get hit by injuries and suspensions..

Edited by Nordic Saint

On 16/02/2022 at 09:31, Behind Enemy Lines said:

I agree. 

Unfortunately, someone will be along soon to point out your error as we didn’t win the last game 😞 

Good point well made! Funny how 9 or 10 (?) games unbeaten feels like we’re on a winning streak. But yeah, I want to see Redmond (for example) fight and earn a place in the side…not just waltz in because his contract mandates he’s got to play if fit or because he’s a ‘senior’ player. My biggest fear is that KWP and Perraud will be ousted by Tino, which IMO will unbalance the side.

10 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Good point well made! Funny how 9 or 10 (?) games unbeaten feels like we’re on a winning streak. But yeah, I want to see Redmond (for example) fight and earn a place in the side…not just waltz in because his contract mandates he’s got to play if fit or because he’s a ‘senior’ player. My biggest fear is that KWP and Perraud will be ousted by Tino, which IMO will unbalance the side.

I agree, it does feel like a winning streak and a team on the up. It’s a great feeling to have. 

I also agree that places need to be earnt back and not just automatic. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

FPlrFUvX0AErjne?format=png&name=medium

Thought I'd stick this here. We're roughly mid-table for injuries this season. It's no surprise to see some relegation threatened teams have had the most injuries.

Also Palace, Wolves and West Ham's squads have largely been untested, particularly Palace's who seem to have been able to keep their first XI largely intact.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, DT said:

Tino - suspected ACL. Out for 2022. According to @saintsextra

Saw this on the BBC. Terrible age to get one of them. Really hope he comes out the other side stronger.

All the best Tino!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

When is Perraud due back?

When his broken leg has healed. It's taken longer than expected.

Someone on here said he rejoined training last week, so if that's the start of his pre-season prep, I wouldn't expect him to be available for the first couple of weeks - if all goes to plan.