Injury Watch

Roger

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, disconnect said:

A big update doesnt sound like "yes, he's back training and will be playing soon", more like "he's had to have further surgery and/or retire"... Hopefully the former though! 

Yeah. "Exciting update" with an exclamation mark or two would have filled me with hope for the lad. Let's see, but fingers crossed for him. 

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

Ings out for rest of season says Ralph , according to BBC sport.

Its not quite what Ralph said, according to Ralph. BBC actually says "may be out for the rest of the season". What Ralph said was that he was out for Leicester and then after Liverpool we have 5 games in 2 weeks and he may be OK, but he certainly didn't sound confident.

I read today that Angus Gunn is back at Saints to help with his injury. Vokins was not in Sunderland squad today still. Valery has seemingly vanished at Brum, presumably not injured, seems Lee Bowyer may not have taken too kindly to Valery's tweet a few weeks ago telling his team mates to pull their finger out, has not been in a squad since, wonder if he is actually back at Saints. 

17 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I think he has been poor last couple of games give him a rest and play Salisu who looks absolute quality.

He won a header tonight with a huge leap and reads it so well I was annoyed with Vest for that trip on Zaha as Salisu read it and covered him. After that lengthy spell Salisu looks a star.

2 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

I think he has been poor last couple of games give him a rest and play Salisu who looks absolute quality.

He won a header tonight with a huge leap and reads it so well I was annoyed with Vest for that trip on Zaha as Salisu read it and covered him. After that lengthy spell Salisu looks a star.

It wasn’t given a closer examination but I question whether Vestergaard actually touched Zaha. I don’t like cheats and Zaha is up there with the worst of them. He’s the sort that would cut in front of another car and slam his brakes on just so that he could claim a whiplash injury.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Good news, but seems crazy to risk him this season given theres nothing really to play for. Would have thought it better to save a position on the bench for a youngster, for experience. 

There's £10M prize money to play for. That's another player!

It seems like this season has been one of the worse seasons in recent history for injuries. Hopefully having a bigger squad to choose from next season will help reduce the number of players on the sidelines. 

Edited by Saint J 77

On 17/05/2021 at 15:33, goodymatt said:

Regarding Bertrand, are we saying he’s not really injured and Ralph’s just binned him off as he’s not signed a new contract?

Think so, Bertrand probably doesn't want to play to run the risk of injury before he's signed a new contract somewhere so we've come to a gardening leave arrangement. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JRM said:

Think so, Bertrand probably doesn't want to play to run the risk of injury before he's signed a new contract somewhere so we've come to a gardening leave arrangement. 

The Telegraph said the Leicester were very interested in him

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...