Injury Watch

Roger

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Dusic said:

No sightings. Surely he isn't going to play until after the next Intl break at the earliest as also had no pre season.

Ralph explained in his press conference that Stu has a calf problem and that it will be 2 or 3 weeks until he is ready to return. He also said that we now have players that can cover his absence.

21 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

That is awful new for Stephens and potentially seriously bad news for Saints given "Gorilla's" nightmare debut last night. We are now desperately hoping Salisu and Bednarek stay fit and form a great partnership.

Debut is the word, are you writing him off after 1 game ?

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Debut is the word, are you writing him off after 1 game ?

absolutely NOT. He barely speaks the language, it was his first game in English football and it was a very much changed side out there last night. I actually have high hope for "Gorilla".

He will no doubt be very disappointed by his performance last night and the part he played in the goals, i'm sure it was not the debut he would have wished for.

He appears a great character and i trust we have seen something in him that we believe we can turn into a quality premiership defender....given time.

9 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

absolutely NOT. He barely speaks the language, it was his first game in English football and it was a very much changed side out there last night. I actually have high hope for "Gorilla".

He will no doubt be very disappointed by his performance last night and the part he played in the goals, i'm sure it was not the debut he would have wished for.

He appears a great character and i trust we have seen something in him that we believe we can turn into a quality premiership defender....given time.

Fair enough but maybe you should have only posted this and not the previous one

8 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Sounds like Jack’s injury is worse than initially feared.

Although Ralph suggested it was not all bad, his knee isn't damaged at all. Could have been worse, but still serious long term injury. 

Some confusion on Stu, Tom Leach saying he is not training, others saying he is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t know where to post this but it’s one of the funniest things I’ve seen for ages. 

Tino Livramento on Nathan Redmond: “After the Newcastle game, he came up to me & said: 'I want to help different parts of your game, you're going to be a good player & I really want to help you with this.' He has been helping me a lot with improving my game.” #saintsfc [standard]

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, DT said:

Didn’t know where to post this but it’s one of the funniest things I’ve seen for ages. 

Tino Livramento on Nathan Redmond: “After the Newcastle game, he came up to me & said: 'I want to help different parts of your game, you're going to be a good player & I really want to help you with this.' He has been helping me a lot with improving my game.” #saintsfc [standard]

Decent experienced Premier League player helps young 18 year old talent.

That is funny why?

21 hours ago, macca155 said:

Decent experienced Premier League player helps young 18 year old talent.

That is funny why?

Because he's not very good, and Livramento is already twice the player Redmond is

4 hours ago, DT said:

Because he's not very good, and Livramento is already twice the player Redmond is

Well thats an opinion you are entitled to on Redmond. Various managers, pundits, and a fair few on here disagree. Don't get me wrong I'd prefer a better option.

Let's agree on Tino, hell of a talent. Watch Newcastle offer 100 million now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TWar said:

Wonder if he gets back in over Bednarek. Obviously a great player but we have been clean sheet machines since his absence.

I think he'll have to wait for his chance because the JB/MS partnership is doing the biz at the moment with 3 clean sheets in our last 4. 

With Lyanco showing his worth recently as well, isn't it great to have genuine competition for places at the back now.

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I think he'll have to wait for his chance because the JB/MS partnership is doing the biz at the moment with 3 clean sheets in our last 4. 

With Lyanco showing his worth recently as well, isn't it great to have genuine competition for places at the back now.

I love the competition we have all over the pitch. I think Lyanco has only really worked in a back 3 but he does give us more options tactically so that is good. Can't see him being a regular starter as would require us to change our formation but I like him as an option off the bench or if we need to really park the bus.

On 21/09/2021 at 22:18, SuperSAINT said:

So happy for Jack (and us) that he's is back in training.  From my memory it's not often that long term injuries heal quicker than predictions.  It will be interesting to see how he is phased back in and whether he'll end up replacing Bednarek.  It will be good to have him as an option over the busy period.

15 hours ago, JRM said:

Ward Prowse withdrawn from England due to illness (probably Covid? ) and Livramento out of u21s with an injury 

Not surprised to hear this as he was decidedly lacklustre last Friday night and really didn't look fit almost from the start ☹️