Jump to content

Injury Watch


Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, AllSorts said:

He’s back running. Still a long way back. Worst cruciate the club has seen. 

Best of luck to him, AllSorts.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Wonder if Djenepo will get a chance for a run out next week before the season ends? Would be good to have an option to replace Redmond if he tires during Sunday's final game.

Hasenhuttl said Djenepo and Boufal were unlikely to play again this season. They haven't been shown in recent training galleries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Was it suggested that Ings came off with a groin problem?

That's what Solent said , he was holding it before coming off and again afterwards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, I'm not surprised if he was feeling a bit stiff. No time in between the games really and he's played them all, even Brighton when we rested loads.

Only JWP looks untroubled, but that's because he's not human!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a bit of an anticlimax if Danny misses the last game, but no point in taking a risk. The Golden Boot doesn't matter and now that he's off the mark, I'd challenge Che to lead the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2020 at 19:01, Matthew Le God said:

Hasenhuttl said Djenepo and Boufal were unlikely to play again this season. They haven't been shown in recent training galleries.

What's the injury for these two respectively? None of you have suggested it's fake, so assume genuine injuries?

I like both players, they're our game changers, but they haven't been available much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

What's the injury for these two respectively? None of you have suggested it's fake, so assume genuine injuries?

I like both players, they're our game changers, but they haven't been available much.

As far as I can guess, they're both genuine. But I won't be surprised is we don't see Boufal in a Saints shirt again. Djenepo is a work in progress but my guess is he'll be given a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 10/09/2020 at 18:04, Disco Stu said:

So Armstrong out with a quad injury 😡

At least it's during the transfer window...really we signed Djenepo and Boufal to be first choice wide players but neither have been good enough or consistent enough to be first choice, appreciate Boufal was signed for a different system.

I'm sorry but Redmond, Armstrong and Djenepo is not enough depth to last the season IMO.  That's not Smallbone's position, especially if we're needing him to attack, and Tella is a gamble given he's an unproven kid.

If Boufal goes, we should absolutely be bringing in another player who will push those 3, and cover for injuries, given Armstrong and Djenepo seem to spend quite a lot of time injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DT said:

Van Dijke has done his ACL. Wow. Man City win league. 

Karma for Van Dick Head - hope he realises he might be one injury from his dream of playing for Barca and goes on strike for a move when he recovers 🤕

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

He walked off the pitch barely limping , suggests it wasn't that serious . Bad tackle though although in real time from the ref's angle it didn't look that bad to me. The other angle showed it was reckless to say the least.

ACL injuries often take a short while for the pain to occur with swelling, players sometimes will just walk off before they know how serious it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

VVD now confirmed ACL requiring surgery.

👌🏻 worlds smallest violin playing just for Virgil . Wonder if he will take the cash sat in the medical room for 8 months and then go on strike until he can move to Barcelona?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shroppie said:

VVD now confirmed ACL requiring surgery.

I appreciate that VVD isn't the most popular ex-Saints player but I don't like to see any footballer get a serious injury, particularly from a reckless challenge. He was never going to stay at Southampton long term and very likely has ideas to move from Liverpool for one of the top Euro teams. You can't knock him for having ambitions. This injury may well put paid to that. There is a statistician amongst us, I am sure, who can come up with a long list of good footballers who have never come back from a serious injury to be the player they once were. Southampton's Jay Rodriquez springs to mind for me. Klopp said it would be a challenge to win the Premier League two seasons running. Well, it is now.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

I appreciate that VVD isn't the most popular ex-Saints player but I don't like to see any footballer get a serious injury, particularly from a reckless challenge. He was never going to stay at Southampton long term and very likely has ideas to move from Liverpool for one of the top Euro teams. You can't knock him for having ambitions. This injury may well put paid to that. There is a statistician amongst us, I am sure, who can come up with a long list of good footballers who have never come back from a serious injury to be the player they once were. Southampton's Jay Rodriquez springs to mind for me. Klopp said it would be a challenge to win the Premier League two seasons running. Well, it is now.

Well said, 'Cherie'. Some comments above are unnecessary and spiteful. Which is also the way I would describe Pickford's assault. I hope VVD can come back from this within a reasonable timeframe. I'll have drop him from my Fantasy team, sadly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2020 at 19:43, wild-saint said:

👌🏻 worlds smallest violin playing just for Virgil . Wonder if he will take the cash sat in the medical room for 8 months and then go on strike until he can move to Barcelona?

Interesting that God is on his side, at least VVD thinks he is...
God works in mysterious ways and certainly did when VVD was here and refused to play - allegedly...

That’s how Christians work I suppose... Funny ole world.... 

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})