SAINTS 1-2 Palace Post Match Meltdown.

nta786

Now will people wake up and realise we're heading for a relegation battle, or am I to be labelled a "bed wetter" again ??

Look at the 2 players Bournemouth have signed already this month, I can honestly see them finishing above us.

Why, when we know we have to strengthen, have we not got anyone in yet that could feature in the next 2 home games??

Has the black box broken down?? Well Les???????!

And changed their entire team today and still won...

papa Waigo was a loan and did ok in league 1 he had served his purpose

Guly did really well for us in the championship and helped us get up probably wasn't up to it in the premier but was a good enough in the championship all the years under Cortese took us upwards his reign saw many good players join too such as lambert fonte Hammond Clyne Rodriquez Davies etc these successes far outweighed the failures he also appointed Pardew Adkins and Mopo who each played a key part in our superb rise and developed what we had in our academy he also knew when to to change managers before they ran out of steam

Despite his many shortcomings Cortese knew how to run a football club successfully

Has it been the same since

It is easy to be successful when you are spending somebody else's money, not so easy when you have to live within a budget.

It is irrelevant of course. We are now, not 2 years ago.

Confucius say:-

He who keeps looking backwards cannot see where they are going.....

Mark

At least 1 club on south coast has ambition, bournmouth sign Afobe for 10m

I actually think that Bournemouth could get to Wembley this season. They have an inspirational young manager, great team spirit, and perhaps most important of all, an ambitious owner prepared to invest the Premier League prize money in the team.

Koeman is not to blame. Pochetinno left because he saw where selling the best players and not reinvesting all of the money and at least some of the Premier League money in their replacements would lead. He got out in time. Poor Koeman is the Dutch boy left with his finger in the crumbling dike. A new manager wouldn't do any better under these circumstances.

Their second goal was 2 errors. Firstly Tadic dived in and allowed Puncheon to cut inside and shoot. The second mistake was with Stekelenberg either not pushing the ball over the bar, or at more of an angle to the side.

s.

Three. The failure to see the ball of play or at least consider it might not go and make sure you get over there to close the opponent down early. Woeful goal to give away. Both were.

It was Davis. Couldn't have set up their player with a better pass even if he wanted to.

Hands up, it appears it was Davis (found it on the Mail so it must be right). Relying on Solent commentary today who said it was Clasie during the match and then all the comments on the match thread confirmed this. Apologies.

It is easy to be successful when you are spending somebody else's money, not so easy when you have to live within a budget.

It is irrelevant of course. We are now, not 2 years ago.

Confucius say:-

He who keeps looking backwards cannot see where they are going.....

Mark

Koeman has spent a lot of someone else's money.

Alpine, I have never been fooled that it was anything ither than what you have stated. Of course I have taken a beating for this, but sometimes people don't like to hear what they don't want to hear.

Not trolling, just a genuine question.

How many seasons have you actually been right?

Yes, I have been consistent in saying that the only real objective is to stay in the Premier League and that 17th would be considered satisfactory in this respect. I maintain this assertion and unlike others I do not need to change my tune.

Just give up you f'cking waste of space, it's tedious beyond belief how you've not been banned from this forum I'll never know. It's such a sad waste of your time, surely you have something better to do?

But you've been saying this for season after season so eventually we are going to have a bad season and your constant relegation posts will have some merit. The three other premier league seasons you banged one about relegation when the club's aims was so much higher and achieved so your posts were ******.

PS it not the EPL as you refer to it as. There is no such thing.

Even a broken clock's right twice a day.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

'Dalek' getting some good bites again. One can't help but admire his strike rate.

Do you ever have a view on the football or are you just on this forum to pass judgement on those that post? Why not get off the fence a bit and be brave to post a view rather than knock those that do?

It seems to me that we start quite well but also really only get going when we're a goal down or running out of time. Most of the middle of the game we want to walk the bloody ball into the net. So frustrating. It was wet today. I'm baffled why we didn't test the keeper more. I do think we actually play quite well but are missing someone who can finish those chances.

Just give up you f'cking waste of space, it's tedious beyond belief how you've not been banned from this forum I'll never know. It's such a sad waste of your time, surely you have something better to do?

At least he's shut up about Hoddle.

For now.

(Information that has been passed on starts) Not just Les Reed. We are a club with multiple departments, all of which are talented in collating and reviewing information, and making recommendations based on that information. In the past, how much attention players pay to their reviews has been a good indicator to the expected level of future commitment (Lallana). At the moment, our reviews are pointing to a number of worrying factors. We are not playing to the clubs preferred formation, despite purchasing players identified as being able to do so. Our training regimes are very segregated, and our post match analysis software is pointing to mistakes being repeated time after time. The path from the youth team to the first has been apparently shut, and those parents who advised their children to choose SFC over other suitors for reasons of development and who were already angry being misled, are now furious over Koeman's public statement on the subject.

SFC is not an unfeeling corporate machine, and in times of goals aplenty and top eight places there is leeway on our methods, but given that most departments have voiced concerns over the direction and atmosphere of the first team, and those who are seemingly barred from joining it, adding to Koeman's unwillingness to commit and our horrific run of results (Information that has been passed on end)

I would not be surprised if anything less than 6 points in the next 2 games sees Ronald stay until the summer. I am waiting on confirmation, but i enquired as to whether feelers have been put out over a new manager as of yet.

Seems you have an axe to grind. Has Ronald told you to stick your stats up your @rse?

Nonsense. You can complain about the finishing or the mistakes that leak goals, but we're not a negative side!

Agreed.

What also annoys me is when fans start suggesting players are not putting the effort in or aren't playing for the manager or showing poor body language when we are losing games of football. I don't see any of that.

I said this a lot last season. It's a very fine line between winning and losing at this level. Losing a pacey fullback that gets centre backs out of jail, or a midfielder that wins a lot of headers might be enough to move you the other side.

Nonsense. You can complain about the finishing or the mistakes that leak goals, but we're not a negative side!

Playing 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders at home in a one off game you want to win isnt negative?

. The path from the youth team to the first has been apparently shut, and those parents who advised their children to choose SFC over other suitors for reasons of development and who were already angry being misled, are now furious over Koeman's public statement on the subject.

The path hasn't been shut, RK has just pointed out what many people already know that the latest batch are not good enough. He wants there to be no doubt that he is not scared to play young players, but he will only do so if they are good enough. And they aren't.

It's a hell of a lot easier to bring young players into the first team in league 1 and the championship. The players don't have to be as good. To get into a prem side they need to be absolute top notch.. If you have a Shaw coming through its a no brainer. Get him straight away. But if Targett is the best young player then you are ****ed. The guy is lightweight, slow and a long way from being premiership level yet. He wouldn't stand out at championship level and neither would Reed.

No one has been misled. When you sign for a pro team as a youth their are absolute no guarantees given about opportunities in the first team. How the hell can there be? If players are good enough they will be get games.

Edited by Chez

Enlighten me.

I don't think Guan even works at the club. He is just sharing info and has been spot on before.

Its not a huge suprise that the hierarchy probably aren't happy with some aspects at the moment, even if their lack of investment is probably more of a factor than anything Koeman does.

But don't slag someone for sharing info.

The path hasn't been shut, RK has just pointed out what many people already know that the latest batch are not good enough. He wants there to be no doubt that he is nit scared to play young players, but he will only do so if they are good enough. And they aren't.

It's a hell of a lot easier to s bring young players into the first team in league 1 and the championship. The players don't have to be as good. To get into a prem side they need to be absolute top notch.. If you have a Shaw coming through its a no brainer. Get him straight away. But air Targett is the best young player then you are ****ed. The guy is lightweight slow and a long way from being premiership level yet. He wouldn't stand out at championship level and neither wok do Reed.

Correct.

(Information that has been passed on starts) Not just Les Reed. We are a club with multiple departments, all of which are talented in collating and reviewing information, and making recommendations based on that information. In the past, how much attention players pay to their reviews has been a good indicator to the expected level of future commitment (Lallana). At the moment, our reviews are pointing to a number of worrying factors. We are not playing to the clubs preferred formation, despite purchasing players identified as being able to do so. Our training regimes are very segregated, and our post match analysis software is pointing to mistakes being repeated time after time. The path from the youth team to the first has been apparently shut, and those parents who advised their children to choose SFC over other suitors for reasons of development and who were already angry being misled, are now furious over Koeman's public statement on the subject.

SFC is not an unfeeling corporate machine, and in times of goals aplenty and top eight places there is leeway on our methods, but given that most departments have voiced concerns over the direction and atmosphere of the first team, and those who are seemingly barred from joining it, adding to Koeman's unwillingness to commit and our horrific run of results (Information that has been passed on end)

I would not be surprised if anything less than 6 points in the next 2 games sees Ronald stay until the summer. I am waiting on confirmation, but i enquired as to whether feelers have been put out over a new manager as of yet.

I would rather be run by Ron, a world class player, than by a load of David Brent bullsh*t from geeks on a computer and d*ckheads in the boardroom.

Kat has to make a choice. Trust Ron, not the crap from Les and Ralph.

I don't think Guan even works at the club. He is just sharing info and has been spot on before.

Its not a huge suprise that the hierarchy probably aren't happy with some aspects at the moment, even if their lack of investment is probably more of a factor than anything Koeman does.

But don't slag someone for sharing info.

I spend a small fortune supporting my club home and away so don't faking tell me what I can and can't say.

I would rather be run by Ron, a world class player, than by a load of David Brent bullsh*t from geeks on a computer and d*ckheads in the boardroom.

We could have Alan Shearer as Director of Football and stick Maradona and Gazza in as directors. Get rid of the geeks and have proper world class players run the club.

That's how football works, isn't it?

Roy Keane was a world class midfielder.

CHDAJFU?

Of course the pathway has been shut. Reed plays well and then is ignored for a year. If it hadn't been for Bertrand's injury and sickness Targett likely wouldn't have played in well over a year. Seager scores regularly for u21's and then comes off after scoring again to read interview from manager claiming him and the rest of the academy are utterly worthless in Koeman's eyes.

I'd rather the club was run by those behind with the long term in mind than an utterly selfish short term by Koeman. Hope Kat trusts Les and Ralph.

Very interesting read.

Many thanks.

My advice is for people to seriously lower their expectations of this team because then you are not so gutted when they lose as they inevitably will more often than not. I'm afraid this squad of players is no where near good enough and will be the underdogs in most games from now until the end of the season. There is no magic formula - the players we have are simply not good enough and the danger is that we will slide headlong into relegation. We are in free fall and only some astute business in the January window will arrest that in my opinion.

Agree with you - the problem is I don't believe they will invest in January. I know this will be seen as controversial; but how is the current board different to Lowe and cronies in terms of player activity. Both flogged our best players and replaced them with cheaper, less effective alternatives (or were profligate with money e.g. Delgado and Osvaldo). My key concern is that some fans have been blinded by the initial work ML put in place for too long now. I believe things would have been better had he lived but I am no longer convinced the current board are applying his vision - rather, it is now a bunch of the usual chancer's who are lining their own pockets and frankly don't give a toss about the club. Suspect RK will take the hit for this poor season even if he keeps us up; but not sure that is the answer. The board need to start earning their salaries and invest in the squad again; but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure about Guan's post, creates an image of Harry Reeds mum and Dad (Les Reed?!) And Matt Targetts folks turning up at parents evening with Big Ron bemoaning the lack of progress their young ones are making at this Premier League football club! If only they'd joined all those other great academies eh. We've only just spent millions improving the facilities at Staplewood but I'm sure they'd been promised X number of appearances and a transfer to a champions league club by now

Thanks for posting. You don't do it often, but the info you do provide is generally shown to be on the money.

I was going to start a post on what the hell has happened to the 'Southampton Way' and our supposedly hugely analytical, top-to-bottom commonality and departmentalised approach. I do wonder if it is/was a load of ********, and we were lucky under MoPo, OR, if it is simply that Koeman is doing his own thing and ignoring it.

Gut feel is it's the latter, given that many of the signings seem to be Koemans. I do wonder if he has been given too much leeway, when compared to how we were supposedly set up as a club.

Aren't we set up to bring in managers who do things in a certain way and to ensure continuity? Didn't Atkins stress that 'we play 4-3-3 at this club' (and not look to happy about it?)

Koeman's not looked happy since the pre-season. Perhaps he just doesn't fit our mould (or perhaps our preferred approach is ********?)

Edited by Suhari

Of course the pathway has been shut. Reed plays well and then is ignored for a year. If it hadn't been for Bertrand's injury and sickness Targett likely wouldn't have played in well over a year. Seager scores regularly for u21's and then comes off after scoring again to read interview from manager claiming him and the rest of the academy are utterly worthless in Koeman's eyes.

I'd rather the club was run by those behind with the long term in mind than an utterly selfish short term by Koeman. Hope Kat trusts Les and Ralph.

In the long run we're all dead. I'd like to see us win something.