Saints announce Virgin Media as new main club sponsor

Saint-Armstrong

Perhaps now Sky won't be so keen to show a Saints match with the main oppositions Logo on our shirts.This could mean we will get more 3pm kick offs to suit the fans rather than Rupert Murdochs bank account.

6 europa league games = 6 games on sundays = higher chance of game on tv IF we are up against a big team, sorry everton :lol:

Great news, saw this as a rumoured possibility a couple of months back but never thought it was a goer. Excellent.

Had Virgin cable and broadband a couple of years back and thought it was an awful service but to be fair Sky is not much better. In any case who gives a ****, the brand is well known and is much more credible than having Wonga on your shirt.

"Virgin Media has accepted a $23.3bn (£15bn) takeover by American cable tycoon John Malone's Liberty Global in a deal that threatens to topple Rupert Murdoch's dominance of pay television by creating Europe's largest broadband business.The new company will have its headquarters in the UK, and serve 25 million customers in 14 countries including Germany, Belgium, Switzerland and the Netherlands."

But that's not accurate. You can't buy virgin media branded products anywhere other than the uk. virgin media is a uk company serving the uk only . Parent company Liberty Global might well own companies selling services in other countries but that's a different matter entirely.

I gives more chance of looking good, so long as it doesn't mean a giant white stuck on panel to make their red writing show up.

Would look good on Rank Xerox / Air Florida style from the early 1980s, with the broad white centre panel. Although the news release shows white logo on red background which would suit an Ajax style shirt, and make our new manager feel at home!!

But that's not accurate. You can't buy virgin media branded products anywhere other than the uk. virgin media is a uk company serving the uk only . Parent company Liberty Global might well own companies selling services in other countries but that's a different matter entirely.

Yep Branson is full of **** but very clever though in convincing the gullible British public they are a major player.

I gives more chance of looking good, so long as it doesn't mean a giant white stuck on panel to make their red writing show up.

Unless we have an all red kit or one with a large central panel, I'd suggest it'll either need a big white area around it (not necessarily rectangle), or they'll use a black version of the logo. Can't see it would have enough stand-out to keep them happy otherwise.

What about a Saints TV channel

With what on it?

10% Replays of recent Southampton games

10% Highlights and analysis of recent Southampton games

15% Documentaries about Southampton FC players of the past

5% Replays of the FA cup victory

10% Interview with current Southampton players and staff

20% Viewer call in shows about Southampton

25% Biographical films about religious Saints (but not limited to Catholic ones)

5% Documentary about Portsmouth's financial problems and recent history.

Pleased to avoid a loan shark or betting company, other than I could not give a monkeys so long as they have paid handsomely. Actually as a customer I'm helping fund the sponsorship, so too are any Skates that have VIrgin.

Along with the Under Armour deal, I hope this push us upwards in this table - that is the key for us to establish ourselves in the top half of the PL:

22%2BSouthampton%2BCommercial%2B2015.jpg

Hope this pushes up and one day we can reach the heady heights of Everton with their 190... No wait 60.... No, hold on 40.... 35....20.... Ah there they are. Oh. Right. Ok. 13. Well. Yes. Big. Massive.

Hope this pushes up and one day we can reach the heady heights of Everton with their 190... No wait 60.... No, hold on 40.... 35....20.... Ah there they are. Oh. Right. Ok. 13. Well. Yes. Big. Massive.

:lol: the figures might be even closer if it's from 14/15 /15/16...Cortese was ****e on the commercial side

Or god forbid we might even over take them in the commercial revenue....Hang on I'm getting ahead of myself here..That can't/won't happen because they is massive!