Wanyama to Spurs - Official

DT

Its becoming clearer than it was before that as a club we are not able to keep players or managers, we are not attractive enough long term and Les Reed (and others) are not persuasive enough of the club's ambitions (probably because our ambitions are not as great as the Board would like us to believe). Of course, we will no doubt replace Victor with some one else and maybe it will work out, and maybe it won't. Really bad in my opinion not to at least wait until we have a new manager in place, and even worse to agree to sell him to Spurs. But making a profit is the goal nowadays.

The simple answer is we won't and/or can't afford to pay the wages that bigger clubs will. Until we are prepared to pay player 100k a week plus we will continue to loose the very best it is as simple as that.

He's good in the big games, but goes missing way too much, and that's not including the suspensions.

He will be missed, but I'm sure we will have been planning a while for this. Great opportunity now for Romeu, who I'm a big fan of.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

.......good to see that I'm not the only person who's angry at the way we always get shafted by Spurs.

One report says that Saints (read Les Reed) are now demanding £12 million from the North London Yobbos (one good comment we inherited from Rupert Lowe), on account of the fact we paid that much for him in the beginning ......and will have to pay back Celtic a sell-on % of the fee.

Hi there village idiot, where have you been?

Ah yes , the typical small minded name calling from behind the keyboard .

I appreciate that abusing others helps with your lack of self esteem and the fact that you have a very tiny todger but really it is getting tiresome . I get that you're a sad , pathetic and lonely man but thats your problem and you need to deal with it in your own time .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I wonder how little we will budget for his replacement

Does it matter how much we spend on his replacement as long as he is a decent player? Interesting that you make comment about the size of a fellow poster's todger. Size does seem to be important to you doesn't it? Been having problems satisfying Miss Piggy perhaps? :(

I wonder how little we will budget for his replacement

Probably between ten and twelve million - you know the kind of budget we have given for countless players we've signed over the last few years all over the pitch and even some on the bench.

How much do you think, genius?

Ah yes , the typical small minded name calling from behind the keyboard .

I appreciate that abusing others helps with your lack of self esteem and the fact that you have a very tiny todger but really it is getting tiresome . I get that you're a sad , pathetic and lonely man but thats your problem and you need to deal with it in your own time .

:lol:

I'm not abusing you though, you are a village idiot, it's a fact

Nice little fantasy you have about me :blush:

My job is to get you all prissy replying to me so the forum is spared of your uttely stupid rants and you waste

your 3 posts, your benefits won't stretch to an extra fiver

Probably between ten and twelve million - you know the kind of budget we have given for countless players we've signed over the last few years all over the pitch and even some on the bench.

How much do you think, genius?

Well after buying Cedric and Martina I lost a little faith as to how much we would spend on a ' quality replacement ' .

I would think Saints would spend as little as possible and may even not replace him at all . Its cheaper to stick with Romeu and that allows Les Reeds favorite player back into the squad .

Does it matter how much we spend on his replacement as long as he is a decent player? Interesting that you make comment about the size of a fellow poster's todger. Size does seem to be important to you doesn't it? Been having problems satisfying Miss Piggy perhaps? :(

This is his style - :poundit:

Well after buying Cedric and Martina I lost a little faith as to how much we would spend on a ' quality replacement ' .

I would think Saints would spend as little as possible and may even not replace him at all . Its cheaper to stick with Romeu and that allows Les Reeds favorite player back into the squad .

We're probably asset stripping as well aren't we?

If he just wanted champions league football he could have stayed at Celtic. He's going to get more money and go to a bigger club, simple as that. I'm not particularly disappointed to see him go. On his day he's a class player but those days are few and far between. His little hissy fit at the start of last season, his poor discipline with sendings off and missing 1/4 season suspended means that he won't be as a big a miss as we might think, especially if we get get a decent replacement in. The wanyama we get 5 or 6 times a season will be missed, the one we get for the rest of it wont be.

Could even argue he cost us those 4 points that would of pipped Man City to the champions league, the irony...

Could even argue he cost us those 4 points that would of pipped Man City to the champions league, the irony...

But then you could also argue he changed the game dramatically to help get us 3 points at home to Liverpool....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But then you could also argue he changed the game dramatically to help get us 3 points at home to Liverpool....

No you can't. He was doing what he was paid to do. He wasn't paid to sit on his backside through suspension.

No you can't. He was doing what he was paid to do. He wasn't paid to sit on his backside through suspension.

Point taken, but I'd still prefer to have him and take the risk that he'll spend time suspended than not have him at all. In the 31 games he wasn't suspended, I don't think anyone can argue his impact was greater than what Clasie achieved in 22 games for example (who incidentally got 5 yellows in this time, compared to Victor's 6 in 31). And yes 3 red cards is silly, but in context the Bmouth one was on 78 mins with us 2 up & the West Ham one is still controversial - I can't defend the Norwich one, however we were so poor that day even 11 vs 11 I don t think we'd have come away with anything.

Pelle and Mane helped....Personally Romeu maybe not be as good as being "the destroyer" but he's pretty good at it and he can also pass far better.

Non-sequitur as its not like he could only play in one of those games.

.......good to see that I'm not the only person who's angry at the way we always get shafted by Spurs.

One report says that Saints (read Les Reed) are now demanding £12 million from the North London Yobbos (one good comment we inherited from Rupert Lowe), on account of the fact we paid that much for him in the beginning ......and will have to pay back Celtic a sell-on % of the fee.

Les has read SW posts advising him to get tough.

At 11m I think we've been shafted, even with the last year of contract it's got to be 15m minimum. Agreed that he had to go, but we should have just let a bidding war ensue.

He's been linked with Arsenal and Leicester. I would rather we sell to anyone but Spurs. The only thing I can think of is Poch still has a good relationship with the club.

At 11m I think we've been shafted, even with the last year of contract it's got to be 15m minimum. Agreed that he had to go, but we should have just let a bidding war ensue.

He's been linked with Arsenal and Leicester. I would rather we sell to anyone but Spurs. The only thing I can think of is Poch still has a good relationship with the club.

yeah, no kidding, you think another club would value him at more than £11 million and swoop in.

it's a hard pill to swallow losing Wanyama for only £11 million. I mean, hell, we sold Chambers for £16 million.

Gutted to see him go. Him with Morgan in front of Toby and Jose was class. Add Virgil to that lineup and it would have been A*

Although you have to wonder if we would her signed Virgil had we retained Toby's services. Like Morgan, Victor got his head down for one more year so I wish him luck with Spurs. That said it's better to reap what you earn rather than what you yearn. He's earned his right to Europa not Champions League. And after his antics last year, it would do no harm to sign a one year extension and put right what he put wrong in the qualifiers last year.

Spoke to a Spurs supporting mate this morning. Although he agrees that it's a great deal, he's not at all happy he's joining them. His words were 'I don't want a player with that type of attitude at my club.'

The point was also made that he wouldn't make the starting 11 bar injuries.

We all knew Vic was a mercenary and he's been great for us, but that's one less disruptive child throwing his toys around in the changing room.

Passed medical and probably announced today or tomorrow.

Bye Vic, good luck I guess! Amazing signing, part of our charge up the premier league.

There are better passers, but no physically stronger DMs or better tacklers. Great signing for them and a big replacement needed. Not a Clasie style replacement for Schneiderlin where he might eventually possibly improve.

Seconded Adrian, replacing Victor is not something to skimp on. 'Big' signing required both in terms of physique and transfer fee.

Won't miss his attitude at times but will miss his work-rate and muscle against the big boys, the latter of which will be difficult to replace. Hoping RK might take Clasie with him giving Saints a profit and then the club could go big in the midfield area to compliment the under-rated Romeu and Davis.

Lots of chat about his attitude and disruptive influence but take the push for a move out of the equation, has there ever been anything else which points towards him causing a general day to day issue within the club? Or is this something we've made up to make ourselves feels better?

Passed medical and probably announced today or tomorrow.

Bye Vic, good luck I guess! Amazing signing, part of our charge up the premier league.

There are better passers, but no physically stronger DMs or better tacklers. Great signing for them and a big replacement needed. Not a Clasie style replacement for Schneiderlin where he might eventually possibly improve.

Exactly, we need a like for like replacement. This is where Southampton need to show balls, and do something similar to Stoke when they paid the big bucks to bring in Imbula. The defensive midfielders are out there, we just need to find them. (Not that we're the type of club to spend £19 million on one player...)

Lots of chat about his attitude and disruptive influence but take the push for a move out of the equation, has there ever been anything else which points towards him causing a general day to day issue within the club? Or is this something we've made up to make ourselves feels better?

I think refusing to play, even if it's just on one occasion, tells people all you need to know about a player really.

Make no bones about it, Spurs have got the better deal and yet again we've shown we are unable to hang onto quality players. To move onto the next level you have to make a player want to stay and refuse to sell otherwise every year we'll find ourselves in this position.

why would you do that.....

Make no bones about it, Spurs have got the better deal and yet again we've shown we are unable to hang onto quality players. To move onto the next level you have to make a player want to stay and refuse to sell otherwise every year we'll find ourselves in this position.

suggestions how the club do that? Some players will always see themselves as being better than spending their entire careers at Southampton short of us becoming the English Real Madrid I'm really not sure what you want the club to do.

Make no bones about it, Spurs have got the better deal and yet again we've shown we are unable to hang onto quality players. To move onto the next level you have to make a player want to stay and refuse to sell otherwise every year we'll find ourselves in this position.[/QUOT

If he wants to go, wont sign a new deal with a year left and despite us wanting him to stay, what can we do?

Tell him he has to stay and risk a underperforming fiasco and let him go at end of his current deal for zero...

Getting him to want to stay is another issue all together, how we do that is the burning question.....Champions League, huge salary???/

Of the four central midfielders that Spurs have they are buying a player who has proven himself in the Premier League for £11m and who will be better than two of the existing options. They are getting a great deal.

We can replace Wanyma for the fee we're getting for him but you always run the risk of a transfer bust. I also think we could have got a better fee given all the money floating about but I suppose if Wanyama had his heart set on Spurs and would have happily sat out the final year of his contract to get it the club had to act. He will need replacing though - Romeu is ok but he is no Wanyama.

That's part of our business model and how we stay self sustainable.

Buy low and suited to system, sell high and let others force them into their system, add to "defectors watch", laugh. Repeat.

I think Romeu is just as capable and a lot more skilled, strange how him and Vic didn't seem to gel when playing together, I guess having 2 hit men in the team does throw up a territorial conflict. I would hope that the new chap in charge will give Oriol a regular run out as that has to benefit a player in that position to play regularly, and under RK he was dropped the minute VW was back available from whichever suspension he had served, despite Oriol having put in a good stint in his absence.

Oriol and Harrison could be a fun combination, if the Jack Russell doesn't get you his henchman will.

Still its a shame VW is going but that's life at Saints. Best memory of him will be from this past season v Liverpool. Adam Lallana in midfield with the ball and big Vic decided to go after him, it was like we had been transported onto the plains of Africa and a Big Cat was chasing an Impala, Lallana zig-zagged to shake him off and Wanyama shadowed his every turn with Lallana having to pass it back deep into his defence to stop the persuit.

Because he's been a very important player for three seasons and using last summer as a means to shrug off him going only masks the discussion around the challenge in replacing him.

So if we ignore the thing that made him a bit of a **** then he wasn't really being a bit of a ****...can't argue with that logic.

Stating Victor acted like a knob in no way stops people discussing his replacement.

Seems to me there are two types of fan every time a player leaves. The "he was **** we can do better" fans and the " He is great we will never get a player this good again replacing him is almost impossible" fans. Chances are neither are correct...