Wanyama to Spurs - Official

DT

It is very hard to accept that wanyama will go to spur in cheap, given the alderweireld saga last year.

As much as I hate to say it, Spurs did nothing wrong. I don't get the animosity over that particular deal. Ok, so Spurs have done us in the past with Hoddle, Richards and MP, but not with Toby. He was available, Spurs bid, bid accepted, terms agreed, job done. Don't forget, he wasn't our player. If anything, we were stiffed by Athleico. It could even be argued that we did ourselves to a degree. The VW deal has been done properly too, in fairness. Behind the scenes, no malice, no posturing, just business. Sad to see him go, but if someone doesn't want to be somewhere, it's best they try somewhere else. It's the same in all walks of life, not just football I'm afraid

Krychowiak would be a bloody fantastic replacement but unfortunately I really can't see it happening. He's got some really big clubs looking at him atm and I don't think he'd come here after his success with Sevilla. It would be a step down imo.

As much as I hate to say it, Spurs did nothing wrong. I don't get the animosity over that particular deal. Ok, so Spurs have done us in the past with Hoddle, Richards and MP, but not with Toby. He was available, Spurs bid, bid accepted, terms agreed, job done. Don't forget, he wasn't our player. If anything, we were stiffed by Athleico. It could even be argued that we did ourselves to a degree. The VW deal has been done properly too, in fairness. Behind the scenes, no malice, no posturing, just business. Sad to see him go, but if someone doesn't want to be somewhere, it's best they try somewhere else. It's the same in all walks of life, not just football I'm afraid

TRUE. Toby could have stayed - if he'd wanted to. Saints certainly didn't want him to leave. When his loan went out he was open to the highest bidder.

I certainly won't be sad to see him go, a player with such a misguided impression of his worth who refused to play and showed huge disrespect to our football club at a time we were playing important games at the start of the season.

He was then sent off 3 times missing a load more games through suspension.

I certainly won't be sad to see him go, a player with such a misguided impression of his worth who refused to play and showed huge disrespect to our football club at a time we were playing important games at the start of the season.

Mad.

so misguided of his own worth he is actually going to a champions league side

not saying much though Lambert, Lovern, Morgan and Chambers all went to CL sides worked out well for all of them.

in the short term, maybe not

I wonder what Morgan we will see under a clearly better manager. Lallana is already showing his worth under a better boss

in the short term, maybe not

I wonder what Morgan we will see under a clearly better manager. Lallana is already showing his worth under a better boss

Not in the CL though and actually finished below his old team.....

Players always seem to back themselves to do well at big clubs it's amazing how many don't (not just saints look at Delph, Sterling and Bonny)

Not in the CL though and actually finished below his old team.....

Players always seem to back themselves to do well at big clubs it's amazing how many don't (not just saints look at Delph, Sterling and Bonny)

again, in the short term. we shall see in the next 2-4 years or so.

I wonder how many finals, medals and champion league campaigns saints v lallana, morgan and Victor will score?

So from our 2013/14 team, how many are left haha?

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Wanyama Morgan

Davis Lallana Jay Rod

Lambert

Just 2 players still start for us today, and Jay Rod still sidelined. 8 first team players gone, wow. (When Wanyama is confirmed gone)

Not to forget some of the players on our bench that season: Jack Cork, Gaston, Osvaldo etc

Has anyone lost that many players (and the manager) ever?

I know we are continuing and building on that success, but that 2013/14 team I loved because it was full of British players (6 + occasionally Jack Cork).

Sunderland FA Cup game 2013-14 will always be a bad day though.

Always a dream to play CL. Well rather than ****ing it up last season, he could have achieved that with us. Spurs might only be there for one season, so what then happens to the dream?

It will be slumbering happily in his bank account.

Players do not move "for Champions League football". It is a myth. They go to wherever is willing to pay them the most. If Lincoln City put a bit in and offered him £300k a week, make no mistake, he would go there over Spurs all day long. Good luck to him. A great player on his day but very inconsistent and became a bit of a liability at times last season with his discipline. Should fit in well at Spurs.

When all is said and done, VW has been a good player for us, but for as many people as there are underestimating his value, there are just as many exaggerating it (perhaps that's to be expected). He had a lukewarm first season, a fantastic second session, and an okay-to-poor third season (when viewed in its entirety, I.e. ten good games doesn't negate twice as many poor). Fantastic on his day, yes, but if he's sulking about something, you'd better be believe he's going to be lackadaisical. Having said that, perhaps he won't have anything to sulk about at Spurs (what with it's proximity to the club he'd long sought a move to).

http://www.soka25east.com/victor-wanyama-elated-move-tottenham-hotspur/?

A visibly elated Wanyama alluded to the fact that as a footballer it’s always a dream to play in the Champions league though he was sad he would be leaving Southampton fans whom he described as awesome.

“It’s always a tough moment leaving a club that you are so much used to their tradition and fans but again it’s always the dream of any footballer to play at the very top level like Champions league ”

“I will definitely miss the awesome Southampton fans who always showed me love and I know they will fully understand my decision “Wanyama told Soka25east.com

A visibly elated Wanyama alluded to the fact that as a footballer it’s always a dream to play in the Champions league though he was sad he would be leaving Southampton fans whom he described as awesome.

“It’s always a tough moment leaving a club that you are so much used to their tradition and fans but again it’s always the dream of any footballer to play at the very top level like Champions league ”

“I will definitely miss the awesome Southampton fans who always showed me love and I know they will fully understand my decision “Wanyama told Soka25east.com

neatly side stepping the fact he left guaranteed CL for us in the first place....

So from our 2013/14 team, how many are left haha?

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Wanyama Morgan

Davis Lallana Jay Rod

Lambert

Just 2 players still start for us today, and Jay Rod still sidelined. 8 first team players gone, wow. (When Wanyama is confirmed gone)

Not to forget some of the players on our bench that season: Jack Cork, Gaston, Osvaldo etc

But the current team finished 2 places higher in the league table and with 7 more points than the 2013/14 squad. You can't improve a team unless you change the personnel. Wanyama going provides another opportunity and losing a player who was unavailable for 9 league games in the past season is not the loss that a regular starter would be. That means he had to be replaced for nearly a quarter of last season anyway.

But the current team finished 2 places higher in the league table and with 7 more points than the 2013/14 squad. You can't improve a team unless you change the personnel. Wanyama going provides another opportunity and losing a player who was unavailable for 9 league games in the past season is not the loss that a regular starter would be. That means he had to be replaced for nearly a quarter of last season anyway.

probably because Danny fox, Jos Hooiveld and sam gallagher were our back up players then

This is absolutely correct. He is an absolute immense presence, powerhouse infact. If I were Victor I would wait and see who the new manager will be first before making any decisions.

He knows the manager at Tottenham and will most likely get a wage rise. No point delaying a move that he's wanted for at least two years, from his perspective.

Not too surprised, I expected him to go and be off. Yes he's protected the defence well but last season he was one of our weaker performers and lost his discipline and motivation. I hope now that Mane can also go and we get a huge fee for him and whoever else wants to leave and start a fresh.

We will be signing some very good players to replace those who are and will leave, we might not finish in the top ten this season as it will be about rebuilding, and from what I hear buying some quality British young talent, like Redmond and also giving more chances to those who have come up through the system. I expect Harrison Reed to make his mark in the team now as the "ready made replacement" without spending £££.

I'm puzzled by the low valuation on the deal. I get that he had only 1 year left on the contract, but market price for a single asset is usually set by competition between BUYERS. Is it really the case that no club out there values Wanyama more than £11m? If we're going to sell, there has to be a better way to bring more buyers into the ring. Even if the Vic himself wanted to go to Spurs as first choice, there should be still be leverage. I mean we had a year to figure this one out.

I'll miss Big Vic a lot. The red cards were troublesome, but I thought he often turned in MoM performances.

Not too surprised, I expected him to go and be off. Yes he's protected the defence well but last season he was one of our weaker performers and lost his discipline and motivation. I hope now that Mane can also go and we get a huge fee for him and whoever else wants to leave and start a fresh.

We will be signing some very good players to replace those who are and will leave, we might not finish in the top ten this season as it will be about rebuilding, and from what I hear buying some quality British young talent, like Redmond and also giving more chances to those who have come up through the system. I expect Harrison Reed to make his mark in the team now as the "ready made replacement" without spending £££.

Its ok to say here and now that its ok to rebuild and we wont finish up the table, but remember the horrible feeling when it looked like we were going to be in a relegation scrap.

As for Redmond!!!

Personally I think he was very good for us. Maybe not a great, but certainly a very good player. I think that those that cite his disciplinary record probably need to weigh that in relation to his job on the field. Vic was there to protect the back four, make tackles and break up the play. By the very nature of his job, he was highly likely to get cards, because he was the one harrying and tackling - which he was very, very good at. Ok, not the greatest passer, but really not the worst either. To put it into perspective, look at probably one of the best English midfielders in the last 20 years, Paul Scholes, great passer of the ball, very good striker of the ball, but couldn't tackle for toffee. Different players have different jobs.

Thank him for all he did for us, wish him well (apart from when we meet again), and move on.

I'm puzzled by the low valuation on the deal. I get that he had only 1 year left on the contract, but market price for a single asset is usually set by competition between BUYERS. Is it really the case that no club out there values Wanyama more than £11m? If we're going to sell, there has to be a better way to bring more buyers into the ring. Even if the Vic himself wanted to go to Spurs as first choice, there should be still be leverage. I mean we had a year to figure this one out.

I'll miss Big Vic a lot. The red cards were troublesome, but I thought he often turned in MoM performances.

Perhaps £11M is the initial fee, and there are various add ons and future fees.

If he just wanted champions league football he could have stayed at Celtic. He's going to get more money and go to a bigger club, simple as that. I'm not particularly disappointed to see him go. On his day he's a class player but those days are few and far between. His little hissy fit at the start of last season, his poor discipline with sendings off and missing 1/4 season suspended means that he won't be as a big a miss as we might think, especially if we get get a decent replacement in. The wanyama we get 5 or 6 times a season will be missed, the one we get for the rest of it wont be.

I think the sell on figure has been reported as 15%. I may be wrong but I don't think it's 15% of the fee but 15% of the difference between the buying fee and the selling fee if that is more.

Sounds more reasonable because frankly paying a percentage of a fee you lose on isn't very good business.

I will always like Vic, good luck to him served us well for 3 yrs and joining with a manager who he already knows in the champs league.

Think he has been bought as more of a squad player though with Dier and Dembele in front of him at the moment.

I think he'll add another string to their bow. He's a pure destroyer & they don't really have that. Also free's up Dier to drop back into a defence if needed.

I think Vic will win them points in Europe against the bigger sides. We know how effective he is for us when you're up against it.