Wanyama to Spurs - Official

DT

Its becoming clearer than it was before that as a club we are not able to keep players or managers, we are not attractive enough long term and Les Reed (and others) are not persuasive enough of the club's ambitions (probably because our ambitions are not as great as the Board would like us to believe). Of course, we will no doubt replace Victor with some one else and maybe it will work out, and maybe it won't. Really bad in my opinion not to at least wait until we have a new manager in place, and even worse to agree to sell him to Spurs. But making a profit is the goal nowadays.

Is this a serious post or just a parody of a bed wetter? I can't work it out.

yawn...........

We don't know how much Wanyama has been sold for. He was always going.

Many seem to forget that Saints are about more than an individual, no matter how talented (or otherwise) they may be. This is why most players struggle (at least for a season) when they leave. Of all the high profile leavers you would have to say Toby is the only one who that could not apply to. Lovren, Shaw, Lallana, Chambers, Morgan and even Clyne have not performed at the same level as they did at Saints.

For me this shows that the club are doing a lot of things right - when people leave they are replaced well and we don't seem to miss a beat.

Quite what Wanyama will add to that Spurs side I have no idea. He is not as good as he thinks he is.

I really thought when he got suspended for the last time last season that we'd push on without him and be ok, but I'll never forget how his introduction against Liverpool completely changed the game and made me realise just how important he is to us.

He will be a huge loss, and tough to replace.

I really thought when he got suspended for the last time last season that we'd push on without him and be ok, but I'll never forget how his introduction against Liverpool completely changed the game and made me realise just how important he is to us.

This

We've had at least a year to source a replacement, which is the only comfort I can find as he'll be a big loss. Glad to see from the article we've rejected a part exchange with Mason or Bentaleb, although the latter wouldn't have been a huge disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had at least a year to source a replacement, which is the only comfort I can find as he'll be a big loss. Glad to see from the article we've rejected a part exchange with Mason or Bentaleb, although the latter wouldn't have been a huge disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with the above. The board have known this has been coming long enough to have identified suitable replacements. He has gone, lets move on.

yawn...........

We don't know how much Wanyama has been sold for. He was always going.

Many seem to forget that Saints are about more than an individual, no matter how talented (or otherwise) they may be. This is why most players struggle (at least for a season) when they leave. Of all the high profile leavers you would have to say Toby is the only one who that could not apply to. Lovren, Shaw, Lallana, Chambers, Morgan and even Clyne have not performed at the same level as they did at Saints.

For me this shows that the club are doing a lot of things right - when people leave they are replaced well and we don't seem to miss a beat.

Quite what Wanyama will add to that Spurs side I have no idea. He is not as good as he thinks he is.

THIS !

Its becoming clearer than it was before that as a club we are not able to keep players or managers, we are not attractive enough long term and Les Reed (and others) are not persuasive enough of the club's ambitions (probably because our ambitions are not as great as the Board would like us to believe). Of course, we will no doubt replace Victor with some one else and maybe it will work out, and maybe it won't. Really bad in my opinion not to at least wait until we have a new manager in place, and even worse to agree to sell him to Spurs. But making a profit is the goal nowadays.

Honestly, I do wonder how some people cope when they find out there is no milk in the fridge; is it a complete blubbering wreck on floor time?

**** sake.

Shouldn't Reed at least do the new manager the courtesy of waiting for him to arrive before selling our players? I hope that we can maintain the progress we made under Koeman but I'm beginning to get concerned about the increasing level of Reed's interference in managerial duties.

I'm beginning to get concerned that you are a fu cking moron.

I don't understand why people keep pooping their pants when things like this happen - haven't you seen what we've achieved over the last 3 years??? The club will have been aware of this for a while and so will already have been putting our exceptional scouting system into action to find a suitable (and better) replacement. This process that found Wanyama in the first place. Plus, it will probably give opportunities to a very promising young player we have called Harrison Reed who seems to have been frozen out and forgotten recently. This is likely to keep him tied to the club for longer.

We really do have some soppy fans who cry for their wet-nurse at the earliest opportunity.

Shouldn't Reed at least do the new manager the courtesy of waiting for him to arrive before selling our players? I hope that we can maintain the progress we made under Koeman but I'm beginning to get concerned about the increasing level of Reed's interference in managerial duties.

Not a problem. It creates room for the new manager to bring in someone who is his own choice.

As for Vic I think he may struggle to fit in at Tottenham. The fans there tend to prefer players who can pass to their teammates.

I don't understand why people keep pooping their pants when things like this happen - haven't you seen what we've achieved over the last 3 years??? The club will have been aware of this for a while and so will already have been putting our exceptional scouting system into action to find a suitable (and better) replacement. This process that found Wanyama in the first place. Plus, it will probably give opportunities to a very promising young player we have called Harrison Reed who seems to have been frozen out and forgotten recently. This is likely to keep him tied to the club for longer.

We really do have some soppy fans who cry for their wet-nurse at the earliest opportunity.

Apparently it's all luck.....

Won't be long any sleep over this.

I'm totally relaxed about Meltdown3. Tbh I was calm about Meltdown2 as well.

This is our model. It's working. Please carry on SFC.

If anything we've held onto VW one year too long in terms of maximising profit. However, we couldn't lose MS and VW in the same window.

Nice little bit of trickle-down going to Celtic too.

Oh well, he's been a good signing for us and is very good at what he does, but also rather limited. When he's really on it he is immense, but he is too inconsistent and his attitude is questionable. Think a lot of fans never forgave him for his tantrum before the Midtjelland game.

Also a bit surprised he's gone to Spurs as I don't think he suite their style of play. They have a young vibrant team and Vic is quite slow and immobile. Will be interesting to see how he fits in there.

It's a blow to lose him but as we showed on occasions when he was suspended last season, we'll be fine.

So Saints have only had 6 great midfielders over the years?

Now , I'm sure you're just being obtuse , but to give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm a generous soul . I said " off the top of my head " I could name half a dozen better players than him. " Off the top of my head " is normally used to indicate that without thinking ( something I'm sure you'll accuse me of ) there is something better . I was merely trying to point out that in my humble opinion Morgan is not a " great " player , in fact he's not even " great" in Southampton terms, but you knew that was what I meant , so don't really understand your post

Three years with us so I reckon he's done his bit. A transfer to a club in the Champions League probably suits his career progression which he is entitled to pursue, just like anyone else. Move on.

Agree with this - Wanyama's been great for us; just about the best DM going around - Spurs have a bargain.

Quite right; he did get a bit of help from Mane that day, who also came on at H/T. Vic's a big loss, Mane would be an even bigger one.

We will need to replace him with some height. The side has been strong defensively against set pieces for many years with the likes of Lambert. Pelle and Wanayama supplementing the centre backs. We see to be losing a little in that area.